General Game Discussion Topics

• Global Moderator

We'd like to change how certain things work in the gaming discussion category.

You've probably noticed we get a lot of topics regarding something new about a game such as a trailer or news story. The issue with these is a lot of the time the title is so strict (e.g 'Game Name' New trailer) that it really only allows for a small amount of discussion regarding that game.

So we're going to try and have more general topics about games where everything is discussed in the one topic.

Now you've probably noticed a few topics which have a title like "Sniper Elite 4 - (PC/PS4/XB1)" and with tags general topic and the name of the game. This is the ideal way (currently) to show that it's a general topic regarding that game and it also makes it really easy to find all the main topics for games.

If a news type topic is created, it'll be moved into the general topic unless it feels like it's own separate thing.

Anyway this is just a start and things can definitely change. I'd love to hear people's feedback on how it's structured, what they like/don't like and improvements.

• We just need more threads made to talk about upcoming games.

Much like Haru's Zelda thread, there needs to be a Mass Effect thread, a Horizon thread, a Nier thread, etc...

Just to post new and updated info.

• Global Moderator

This is probably a little off topic but I think gaming discussion is totally fine for those kind of topics.

I'm just going to do a little cleaning up. I think the issue is someone will have a title of "Are you getting this" or "Latest news - (insert game)".

I'm hoping we can just encourage a single topic which will have all the news and peoples views on that game.

I'll get this going and see if we can stick with it.

• @tokeeffe9 I'm 100 % behind this. I don't get why people always make a new thread for every trailer or piece of news and not one "official thread" for all that stuff in one place.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Top 100 discussion, ideas, suggestions!:

This is probably a little off topic but I think gaming discussion is totally fine for those kind of topics.
    I'm just going to do a little cleaning up. I think the issue is someone will have a title of "Are you getting this" or "Latest news - (insert game)".
    I'm hoping we can just encourage a single topic which will have all the news and peoples views on that game.
    I'll get this going and see if we can stick with it.

@Sentinel-Beach said in Top 100 discussion, ideas, suggestions!:

@tokeeffe9 I'm 100 % behind this. I don't get why people always make a new thread for every trailer or piece of news and not one "official thread" for all that stuff in one place.

I think it's a habit borne from being active on larger forums. Having a single thread is ok on a small forum, but with any growth having a single catch-all thread is quite annoying.

• Global Moderator

Just wanted to move these posts away from the Top 100 discussion as they were a bit off topic.

• @tokeeffe9 I'm definitely in support of separating gaming news and other gaming discussions, as there would probably be many of them. The idea to just have a General game thread (Like Breath of the Wild, Overwatch and other titles) that would have big interest. Similarly to EZA Discord. seems more practical too.

• Global Moderator

Yeah I agree that it is about time! It was okey at the start, but over the year this forum has grown and I think we need to sort a bit more to stop it from getting cluttered! Having official threads is the way to go I think! Maybe even having a thread of "coming games" and maybe even official threads for consoles so people can talk about updates and new functions etc

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.