But seriously though, you guys need a new camera!

• Its sad that so much of the great content you guys make looks blurry.

• Global Moderator

Personally I think the main content they do are fine, I guess they might need to increase the ISO and stuff to get a deeper field of focus. The blurry bits I normally think of is the streaming content and I believe that rather comes down to that it is streamed and the connections rather than the camera

• Global Moderator

@EirikHavre You need to be a bit more specific as that's not very helpful.

The only camera I've an issue with is the group stream camera which seems to have a mind of it's own with calibrations.

• @Lotias said in But seriously though, you guys need a new camera!:

Personally I think the main content they do are fine, I guess they might need to increase the ISO and stuff to get a deeper field of focus. The blurry bits I normally think of is the streaming content and I believe that rather comes down to that it is streamed and the connections rather than the camera

If they have a camera that can do that then yes, increasing ISO would make it possible to use a smaller aperture and get more stuff in focus. But I dont think they do? Not sure. In any case, the camera very often doesn't seem to be focused on them at all. Most of the time it's focused closer than where they are in the room.

I might be wrong, but I think they have said that they are using a webcam. Which, I'm guessing, is unable to focus that far into the room. Basing that guess on the fact that most webcams are used with you sitting right in front of your PC.

If they upgrade that to a "real camera" (like a Canon rebel camera or something) the stream will look way better. I think.

Then again, I know almost nothing about streaming, so maybe I should just be quiet. =P

@tokeeffe9 said in But seriously though, you guys need a new camera!:

@EirikHavre You need to be a bit more specific as that's not very helpful.

The only camera I've an issue with is the group stream camera which seems to have a mind of it's own with calibrations.

Yes, I'm talking about the group/podcast stream camera. It looks a little bit better during the podcasts and I think that is because they are closer to the camera. I'm guessing.

• admin

The group stream camera and podcast cameras are different cameras. That said, while I know it's been a slow process, it is something we're aware of and Ian's working on a solution.

• @Bloodworth
    Ah, I see. I'll be patient. :)

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.