How long have you been an ally?

• Show off your brand loyalty! Including the time you spent watching them at Gametrailers, how long have you been following the allies?

I started watching Gametrailers in 2009, when I was deciding I would finally buy a console (a Wii) after never having any other console than the NES (what a jump.) It was thanks to their lovely reviews that I got majorly hooked.

So I guess for me, 7 years.

(I have many more gaming systems now, thankfully.)

• admin

I coded v2 of Gametrailers in 2003, so... 13 years! Man, I feel old.

• @yohosebastian said in How long have you been an ally?:

I started watching Gametrailers in 2009, when I was deciding I would finally buy a console (a Wii) after never having any other console than the NES (what a jump.) It was thanks to their lovely reviews that I got majorly hooked.

I love this lol. That's a big jump!

I can't remember which year exactly but I've been with Gametrailers as a silent fan.. always coming back for their E3 coverage every year. They always pull me back in. <3

But now as an Easy Allies, I've actually participated in the community and been more active. I feel with Easy Allies, it was an easier way to step out of the shadows basically. lol.

• I can not even put a date on it. I know for sure in 2006 I was checking the site daily because I remember the job I had at the time.

• I joined little before E3 2015, so I just had 1 year anniversary. :D

• I've been on the site for trailers at least since the GTA San Andreas trailer came out. I remember waiting an hour for it to buffer the 1 minute long trailer with my 16 kbit connection. Later when my English got better (around 2008 or 2009) I started watching the reviews but I never watched anything else until I saw the Annoyed Gamer.
    Later when Bosmans first show started I liked it and commented (which I rarely did) to get more episodes with him and gladly we were succesfull. I started watching GT Time because Kyle was on it and with each episode I got to learn more about the rest of the crew and almost liked everyone of them.
    Huber and Ian where the only ones I didn't like from the beginning but that changed when Ian started getting more involved in GT Time and when I watched Hubers playthroughs of Resident Evil. I was really sad when GT was shut down and I'm really glad they are back and can do whatever they want now. Maybe Matt Blair will join them one day or atleast get a guest appearance on the podcast.

• I basically "discovered" GT when they closed (well, I know them as "they exist somewhere on the Internet"). So I join when they launched their Patreon.

Less than 4 months now, I guess. I became a Patreon like a month after (the time to see what they were offering :P)

• E3 2014 i think?
    It's been a great ride so far!

• I started going to GT on a regular basis in 2004. I signed up for an account to use the forums in 2007 so I could talk about how excited I was for Halo 3 after someone made a thread about some multiplayer leaks. It's been good times ever since.

• I found them in 2007, through AVGN. Though I've been frequenting the site and youtube channel more since 2 years ago.

• I started following them more closely late last year (November, I think) when my brother recommended I watch the Final Bosman. I had previously seen some of their other stuff, obviously, like reviews, retros, countdowns and E3 streams, but even those were just something I'd check out just whenever someone happened to link me to one, with the one exception of Pop-Fiction, which I checked on every few months.

Never joined the community on GT, but I've been following the EZA GAF thread pretty actively.

• I didn't realize it, but I saw lots of GT content when I was younger on G4 and loved the reviews with "The Voice". I occasionally looked up their reviews. I really DISCOVERED them after the E3 of dreams last year and never looked back.

• GT always did my favourite reviews which I'd been watching for as long as I've had internet which could handle running videos! I never had any sort of affiliation with GT until around 2013 when I got into the Final Bosman and Pach Attack.
    Funnily enough I think the video which really introduced me to the wider GT cast was the very first Buttons video of him arriving in a box in wandering around the office. It made me take note of the people he was talking to and the other things they were involved with. I was hooked at that point.

• I watched GT for a long time. I remember my old account was made in 2004, but I can't recall much more detail than that. I do recall watching stuff on the site for a while before making that account. I do remember watching the first episode of The Bonus Round on the day it went up, and being really impressed to see a program like that.

I did drop off watching the site between 2010 and 2013. I watched stuff every now and then, select shows like The Bonus Round, but not much more than that. I came back when Kyle made that PS4 announcement video, and it was unlike anything I had ever seen in the gaming space before. Insightful, intelligent, yet really really really charmingly weird. To find that that wasn't an entirely fictious version of himself, and that he got his own weekly show out of it, was enough to keep me watching from that point onwards and eventually discovering that the rest of the crew were also intelligent and insightful, and that they had such great chemistry together. Watching the slow decline of corporate support alongside the increase in quality output was an interesting thing to witness, but here we are! Now, I watch every show and most streams. It's a lot of viewing, but I also have a lot of grinding to do in FFXIV!

• Got familiar with them when they were partnered with ScrewAttack, though back then all I watched was GT Countdown. Got deeper into them when Pop Fiction launched, then began watching GT Time just after the move to Defy.

• GameTrailers was my first exposer to games media, it must have been at least 5 E3's ago. I have so much to thank them for. It was nice to here people talk about video games because they loved them, instead of trying to find the opinion that would get them the most popular. I made my youtube account solely to subscribe to them. I've been proudly supporting them ever since : )

• At least since 2005 because i remember going there before i starting University. But i can't remember when i started before that.

• My brother showed my episodes of Final Bosman and insisted I listen to TTA for years, but I only started really becoming a fan a month or two after E3 2014. Didn't really start interacting with the community until a couple weeks before the shut down.

• I discovered GT in 2005, it's what got me into editing making fan made music videos at the time. I followed them to the end, then found EZA
    through GAF.

• GT was one of the first sites I used to come to, usually just to lurk, watch trailers, AVGN, retrospectives, screwattack and reviews. But I think it was 3-4years ago that I actually started to watch more of GT's original content. Been an ally since.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.