How long have you been an ally?

• Since 2007 or so I think? Valkkyria Chronicles had just been announced in japan and I wanted to talk about it and was searching for a good forum

• I'm quite new to Gametrailers crew. I think it was 2013 when Pachter brought me to Gametrailers and then started to watch everything they were doing, Bonus Round, Invisible Walls etc.

• The first thing I ever watched on GameTrailers was the E3 2003 debut trailer for MGS3:Snake Eater. I was on Gamefaqs MGS2 boards when someone linked GameTrailers and I remember thinking the video quality was so good. Afterwards I fed my Neopet.

• I've used GameTrailers since about the time the Xbox 360 was coming out and I was watching all the Perfect Dark videos. I remember it having the Quicktime player that you could leave it downloading and freely move back and forth the video after it completely loaded. Went there every day watching all the new videos that came out. I also remember watching some the User videos and discovering Haloid and watching that on repeat. Ever since then I've always gone to GT for the video reviews, the E3 live shows, and then later on was even more hooked by the shows like Huber Hype and The Final Bosman.

• I only found out about them when I saw their reaction for last E3. I went all in though, sticking around in the chat room from the moment they closed. Made sure to make the subreddit a couple of days after the closure, too.

• I'd used GameTrailers a lot just for video content for about a decade - mainly for trailers/gameplay stuff, but I'm a fan of Mega64 so I used the site a bit more when they had that exclusivity deal with their videos. Didn't really watch the original programs until my friend showed me the GT reactions from the E3 coverage last year, and I started checking out all the GT shows a bit afterwards. As soon as Easy Allies Launched, it felt like the perfect natural time to start following the crew with more dedication. I've really grown to appreciate these guys on an entirely different level from other groups.

• My trajectory took me from Rooster Teeth to Funhaus to James Willems' personal channel to Elyse Willems on Tabletop Adventures.

TTA remains one of my favorite things on the internet, and while I never actually got into GT, I have been hardcore digging Easy Allies, which has since prompted me to go back and marathon the Final Bosman, and some of Retrospectives and Pop Fiction too.

• I started using GT around 2005 or something, I remember Daniel Kayser had a pretty early show (or I'm imagining things),
    Started visiting all the time around when Invisible Walls started up though, around 08?

• I've used their site for years to download trailers, but didn't realize they had their own personalities. So I got in a few days after E3 2015.

• I started watching game trailers back in 2006 but only really started frequenting the site around the time screw attack was featured. I had a bit of a gap where I wasn't really following any game media but came back around the time Pach attack and annoyed gamer were on the site. However, through all this time the easy allies group has been my favorite bunch of personalities by far!

• Been watching since the beginning, from the first time I heard Brandon Jones narrate a video I'm like....dude, this guy should VO for every review on every website.

Hooked ever since.

• It's a tough one to answer as I'd always seen their reviews and watched shows like Hey Ash, Bonus Round, Annoyed Gamer and Pack Attack here and there.

I definitely got into them a lot more when Bosman started his show. Then I started properly checking everything else out like the podcasts and TTA. I checked the streams as much as possible (tough being in EU so usually it was the Friday stream)

• Easy Ally

I think I found GameTrailers in 2008, and I would watch every single review they put out for the games I knew I would never play, so that I would basically have a fair understanding of what that game was all about. Did the Zelda Retrospective come out that year too? The final episode, the one that delves into the stupid timeline that I 100% bought into, left a real impact on me. Nobody was making videos like that.
    Anyway eventually I worked there and basically ran the company into the ground.

• Around the Time "The Final Bosman" started.

• @Bosman said in How long have you been an ally?:

I mean...I wasn't gonna say anything...:P

• I started going to GT consistently back in 2009. Invisible Walls sucked me in.

I remember the first time Kyle appeared on air. The same goes for Eylse, Ben, Huber and Ian.

• I started watching GT probably in late 07 or 08 when we got broadband.
    I watched a lot of the reviews, the retrospectives and Bonus Round.

Then years went by (school, college, life got in the way) where I'd only really watch the reviews occasionally. I missed the stuff like Final Bosman and Huber Hype and I didn't want to start watching them in the middle. Like I'd missed the boat.

I watched the final stream and decided I liked these guys well enough and wanted to see where they went next.

Then GT closed. I didn't realise for like 2 weeks, even though I visited the page ever couple of days. Only reading the Firewatch review comments made me notice.

• @Bosman said in How long have you been an ally?:

I think I found GameTrailers in 2008, and I would watch every single review they put out for the games I knew I would never play, so that I would basically have a fair understanding of what that game was all about. Did the Zelda Retrospective come out that year too? The final episode, the one that delves into the stupid timeline that I 100% bought into, left a real impact on me. Nobody was making videos like that.

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself, it happens to the best of us. I mean, who hasn't run one of the longest run video game websites in existence into non-existence. That's a Monday for me.

• Jan 2016 - I am very new here (and to gaming) compared to all others. One day i stumbled upon the GT Time podcast in Youtube - and realized I have stuck gold. It was only a few weeks but i was sad to see them go under, but happy they are back again. :grin:

• 2004 maybe? Whenever the first trailer for Battlefield 2 dropped