How long have you been an ally?

• I've been watching since Fall 2013, before the launch of the PS4 but after E3. Still, I saw most of their modern shows (Man Ups, GT Time, Final Bets, Just Played, Let's all go to the Trailers / Trailer Score, Don's Design Lab) for their full runs.

• Discovered GT 2004 or 2005 and watched for trailers and some reviews. Listened to Invisible Walls when it started and started to pay more attention to other content. Unfortunately followed their Twitch content a year and a half before shutdown so I missed quite a lot from that area. The last 2 years were the best things I got out from GT and the return of the crew for newly formed Easy Allies really gave me so much joy. Even if they have a more limited budget than before, I still enjoy their content as much if not more as before.
    We now get 2 podcasts, a new TT, which have been great, Ian and Don making their own content as well as Brandon's awesome Cup of Jones and Damiani coming back and return of the "evolved" content of his old show. Everytime "Bosman at home" comes out, it feels like a celebration and his Bvs.W Tetris is solid gold even on a bad day.
    Finally. Ben, Brad, Huber and others streaming a lot every week for games new, old or not are awesome, especially Group Tuesday when majority is attending.
    It's so good to be an Ally right now and hope it stays strong in the future.

• I started watching Gametrailers around 2005, I remember the first video I downloaded (no way I was going to wait like a half-hour to just watch something once), it was a Resident Evil 4 trailer. I remember the commenting system with likes and dislikes implemented later (pretty awesome). Gametrailers has been my go to source for video game news and coverage since I stopped reading EGM and Nintendo power :P.

• I am one of the newer ones. I had caught a few things from GT but really didn't check it out much. Started watching the new vids as a fluke and was struck by the overwhelming positiveness of the group. It was so refreshing and I have been hooked ever since.

• I have known Gametrailers since 2005 and have visited there website since that time. I started properly after becoming a member in 2007 around the time Invisible walls was around and Shane Satterfield was still with GT along side Marcus Beer.

• Cant pinpoint exactly. My earliest memory is watching (not live) Nintendo's E3 conference before the wii came out, either launch date or reveal cant remember, so about 2006 or 2005 i guess. Before that i used GT as a dream vault, because my last console was the n64, watching trailers and stuff kept me dreaming. I Bought that Wii tho and Twilight Princess got me into gaming like never before and that fire still burns!

• Discovered GT in 2006 when I got my first PC. That was a magical time, first PC, no more going to internet cafes. I was looking for a game, can't remember which one was it, but I stumbled upon GT and really liked it. From then on they were my number one place for news and reviews. Oh and the E3's. That's were I learned about E3 actually. Game of the year was something that I really enjoyed. Remember the year that Uncharted 2 came out and me wanting to play it so badly. I finally got it now, half way through it, really liking it. It was worth the wait. But yeah GT was the place where I learned so much and I'm grateful for that. Glad to be part of the allies, truly am.

• I want to boost this post because Morgan Mohalla on a recent Cup Of Jones asked if there was something like this -- a sort of history of fan engagement with EZA. That question was in turn inspired by the L&R comment a few weeks where Ryan F. (sp?) detailed his own journey with EZA. So, I'm guessing there's a desire to know others' histories with this group that we all dearly enjoy.

I'm very curious to read any updates to the entries that already exist and maybe see some new ones in this thread.

• Woops, looks like this is one I never answered.

I was certainly using the GT website before I started watching any of the content they produced. AVGN, Screw Attack, and Keith Apicary for instance kept me coming back. I started to dig in a little deeper when I watched my first episode of Invisible Walls, right after the release of Resident Evil 6. Although Shane ruined that discussion by basically telling everyone they were wrong for not loving Resident Evil 6, I still found some interesting opinions out of people like Ryan Stevens, so I stuck around and kept watching. Once the shift to the "Bosman era" happened, I fell madly in love with everything they created and started watching as much as possible.

I was at a real low point in my life when GT closed and it felt like I had lost the last bit of sunshine I had left in my world. Luckily, I kept fervently checking the Twitter feeds of all the fellas and one fateful day while using the bathroom at work, I saw Easy Allies was formed. I've never shouted with such happiness in a restroom before.

• From the beginning I think. Was upset when game trailers shut down. Some hero told me thry were creating easy allies and I was on board. Joined the forum in 2016

• i started watching Gametrailers around 2009

• I was a Inside Gaming / Funhaus fan for a long time, and when Elyse started working at Funhaus and they covered the whole GT closure I wanted to check it out. So I looked up the GT on YouTube but couldn't get into it. After a while, I saw a few mandatory updates and I was hooked. So, I wanted more and went to the EZA channel and watched Huber's full Rez Evil 7 playthrough, and I've been watching ever since.

alt text

• @leprosyx If you liked Manups, have you seen the Not Funny GT stuff they did? lol

• @minamik There is so much content from GT, I haven't had the time. Will check it out! Any standouts?

• @leprosyx Well, if you like Elyse, then maybe this one. Youtube Video

• My GT account was made in August 2007 I believe.

• I first discovered GT in 2007. Joined their forums late 2007/ early 2008. Though I wish I could have sub to their twitch the day it started

• I learned of GT through GT/Spike TV's E3 coverage., which I watched their coverage of E3 from 2010-14. I occasionally watched other broadcasts that GT showed in the Viacom era (the GT stream player hosted MTV's coverage of San Diego Comic Con in 2013, that was interesting). In 2015, I didn't watch their E3 coverage, but I watched some shows around that time (Huber Hype, Final Bosman, a little bit of Mandatory Update). I found out they shut down right before E3 2016, so my first EZA experience was E3 2016. I became hooked to their content ever since, and now I watch everything that they do! The Allies are awesome!