Fighting Games

• Hi everyone,

There used to be a very cool and (at one point) active forum community over at GT for fighting games.
    Not sure if we can revive it here, but at least I was hoping to get some psn/gamertags to duke it out online.

I own SFIV and SFV.
    PSN is: tiagoponte

I'm from Europe, which is important to mention for that online latency...

Cheers'

• Hey Taigo,

I was just thinking there should be a fighting game thread then found your topic.

I'm in Europe aswell so maybe we can spar in SFV?

My psn is venomous-villian :)

• Just saw i misspelled you name, sorry :P

• Aye good sir.
    Here I was thinking no one was into fighting games.

Thanks!

• I suck big floppy dongs at fighting games, but I love them.
    I have SFV, MKX, Blazblue CSE, Skullgirls, Smash 4 WiiU/3DS, and am super excite for Tekken 7.

• @El-Shmiablo I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that no one here is a frame counting, match-up memorising fighting game sage - so go ahead and throw out your psn/live game-tag and we'll have some fun online.

• @Tiago-Ponte Lol I guess you are right.
    PSN: ElShmiablo

• Global Moderator

@Tiago-Ponte

Maybe not in this thread, but there are at least a few of us on these boards who have put in considerable effort to learning the esoterica of fighting games ;P

• Global Moderator

I do approve of this thread and yeah, that was an awesome section we had in GT. My PSN/XBL tag is LeonHartEX

I want more people to get in and just have fun. I'm trying to represent Gief in V now despite his setbacks. Especially in tournament like this recent one with me on Stream =P

Youtube Video

• Dovinian here on PSN. Would love to battle some folks on SFV.

• Anyone still playing Skullgirls?

• @El-Shmiablo
    Likewise, I've always been interested in hand to hand combat so I've been drawn to fighting games since I was a kid. I've never been good at them. Right now I only play SF V Casual off and on but I really love that game, can't wait to watch EVO this weekend.
    PSN:MMA_Fan85

• @michemagius said in Fighting Games:

Anyone still playing Skullgirls?

I have it but it was beyond me unfortunatly and i just got crushed every time i went online

• @Ochi said in Fighting Games:

@Tiago-Ponte

Maybe not in this thread, but there are at least a few of us on these boards who have put in considerable effort to learning the esoterica of fighting games ;P

@Tiago-Ponte said in Fighting Games:

@El-Shmiablo I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that no one here is a frame counting, match-up memorising fighting game sage - so go ahead and throw out your psn/live game-tag and we'll have some fun online.

I have put a good bit of time and effort over the years into street fighter, try to learn the ins and out of eact character for my own sake but i find frame counting and data kind of takes the magic out of things when you just get down to number crunching.

• Global Moderator

@Spidarro said in Fighting Games:

I have put a good bit of time and effort over the years into street fighter, try to learn the ins and out of eact character for my own sake but i find frame counting and data kind of takes the magic out of things when you just get down to number crunching.

Alright fair enough, I just never know what to fully expect when people start talking about frame data, since there's reasonable gulf between theory and practice. But it never hurts to know a little bit to hone your instincts against what might be reckless play

@-Solid said in Fighting Games:

I do approve of this thread and yeah, that was an awesome section we had in GT. My PSN/XBL tag is LeonHartEX

I want more people to get in and just have fun. I'm trying to represent Gief in V now despite his setbacks. Especially in tournament like this recent one with me on Stream =P

Youtube Video

Holy shit, Solid, that was freakin' beautiful xD XD XD

• Global Moderator

@Ochi Dude, I surprised myself when I V-Skill'd Guile's roundhouse lol

I'm learning something new almost everyday with Gief so, I'll keep pushing. I made top 8 that day but, I was honestly expecting top 3. I got destroyed by Mika shortly after; she's so scary given her dumb playstyle lol

Anyway, I'm just glad I'm making people hype! =D

• I got whomped by @Tiago-Ponte last night, i need to get more dedicated again haha!
    Fell out of practice after loosing my super bronze title to a load of cheap kens, time to step it back up.

• Global Moderator

@Spidarro

Careful with that word "cheap". :P

That said, Ranked is definitely a pretty ugly enviornment to play in. The moment I hit silver I stopped playing ranked, as beating gold players tended to make them rage quit and any loss to a super or ultra bronze tanked your BP.

• alt text

• @Ochi

Yeah i know i just sound mad and i can admit that honestly i was!

The same combo over and over that i couldnt even get up from, then the fights i did win and the really cheezy ones didn't even give me my 2 out of 3 so i needed a break from it.

I just recently found out i can earn fight money from casual so i might just play that for a while.

I might be playing too many characters, i kind of have 3 mains and want to learn another 2.