Fighting Games

• @Ochi said in Fighting Games:

@Tiago-Ponte

Maybe not in this thread, but there are at least a few of us on these boards who have put in considerable effort to learning the esoterica of fighting games ;P

@Tiago-Ponte said in Fighting Games:

@El-Shmiablo I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that no one here is a frame counting, match-up memorising fighting game sage - so go ahead and throw out your psn/live game-tag and we'll have some fun online.

I have put a good bit of time and effort over the years into street fighter, try to learn the ins and out of eact character for my own sake but i find frame counting and data kind of takes the magic out of things when you just get down to number crunching.

• Global Moderator

@Spidarro said in Fighting Games:

I have put a good bit of time and effort over the years into street fighter, try to learn the ins and out of eact character for my own sake but i find frame counting and data kind of takes the magic out of things when you just get down to number crunching.

Alright fair enough, I just never know what to fully expect when people start talking about frame data, since there's reasonable gulf between theory and practice. But it never hurts to know a little bit to hone your instincts against what might be reckless play

@-Solid said in Fighting Games:

I do approve of this thread and yeah, that was an awesome section we had in GT. My PSN/XBL tag is LeonHartEX

I want more people to get in and just have fun. I'm trying to represent Gief in V now despite his setbacks. Especially in tournament like this recent one with me on Stream =P

Youtube Video

Holy shit, Solid, that was freakin' beautiful xD XD XD

• @Ochi Dude, I surprised myself when I V-Skill'd Guile's roundhouse lol

I'm learning something new almost everyday with Gief so, I'll keep pushing. I made top 8 that day but, I was honestly expecting top 3. I got destroyed by Mika shortly after; she's so scary given her dumb playstyle lol

Anyway, I'm just glad I'm making people hype! =D

• I got whomped by @Tiago-Ponte last night, i need to get more dedicated again haha!
    Fell out of practice after loosing my super bronze title to a load of cheap kens, time to step it back up.

• Global Moderator

@Spidarro

Careful with that word "cheap". :P

That said, Ranked is definitely a pretty ugly enviornment to play in. The moment I hit silver I stopped playing ranked, as beating gold players tended to make them rage quit and any loss to a super or ultra bronze tanked your BP.

• alt text

• @Ochi

Yeah i know i just sound mad and i can admit that honestly i was!

The same combo over and over that i couldnt even get up from, then the fights i did win and the really cheezy ones didn't even give me my 2 out of 3 so i needed a break from it.

I just recently found out i can earn fight money from casual so i might just play that for a while.

I might be playing too many characters, i kind of have 3 mains and want to learn another 2.

• Yo, I'm always down for some fightans! I see some old faces from GT

• Hey guys, don't be discouraged too much with online in V. Believe me, it is ROUGH and people taunting you can be adrenaline-pumping at times...but don't give up! Just focus on getting better =)

Karma story: Played a UK Ryu player by the name of VolcanicViper. Lost to him and he taunted and he was a gold rank. Next day, the guy lost nearly a 1,000 points from losses LOL

@Sleepychino69 YO SLEEPY!

My bad I didn't tell you about this forum over on PSN. =(

• @-Solid

It's cool dude.glad there's a gt forum 2.0 :p

Oh and if anyone wants to fight vs a random select,im ya boi! PSN. sleepychino69

I just wished random select would remember the last color i picked like sf4..

• @Sleepychino69 Yo Sleepy!!! (Firkraag here from GT 1.0 forums)
    Welcome back...

I already have your PSN ;)

P.S.: Don't underestimate this fool's random select - it's legit.

• @Tiago-Ponte

Oh u * blush * :p its been a while huh. tho i rly need to get better at v ,cuz so far im only doing k with laura.

And tiago,bet u went nuts when Portugal won heh? Xd

• Need to hop back into 5 at some point, messed around with Ibuki for a bit before going to work but thats been it so far (Also WTF her Tsumiji and Neck Breaker were removed)

• @PhantomZhu

Waha from psn?

@DMCMaster

Need to hop back into 5 at some point, messed around with Ibuki for a bit before going to work but thats been it so far (Also WTF her Tsumiji and Neck Breaker were removed)

And her air kicks thingy too.Thats the one i miss :( Gief lost green hand,but at least got his air spd back.
    EDIT:actually ibuki got a bunch of new kunai tricks now,with her v-skill and trigger adding to the list.

The ones i miss the most are mikas original specials and her dumb supers xD
    alt text

• Global Moderator

@DMCMaster

I think neck breaker exists only as part of another move? I could swear I saw it somewhere, there's just no more sliding part

• @Ochi

Its her back throw animation.like one of mika's old special throw,it just got cut in half and is now a normal throw.

Which is k ,if u compare it to alex's throw animations,no ddt or chokehold :(

• @Sleepychino69

Oh yiiiiis
    We have a fighter community on PSN, it even has some other people from GT who aren't even here.

• @PhantomZhu

Yea boi!Spread the word babey!

• For anyone interrested, add my psn: wahaadnan, you can find the community on my friend page

• a background,3alts and a new color scheme for everyone ..oh and 2 titles = 25??

Even if a % of the money goes to cpt,thats way to damn high :weary: