Fighting Games

• @El-Shmiablo

Sry,i fell asleep...living up to the name lol(no jokes its that bad -_-)

If ya got some free time on Tuesday or wednesday?Just post the time ya wanna spar.

On the topic of KI:i'll be getting it when the definitive edition releases.

• I was very apprehensive about SFV when it first came out. But I recently gave in and purchased it :) I thought the lack of characters was going to be the nail in the coffin for me, but each character has their own feel and move sets, it validates not having 10 copies of Ryu. So impressed.

Still a scrub, but my PSN ID is: ChocoboKnighty

• Made a short juri vid,she got funky combos :/

Youtube Video

• @Sleepychino69 said in Fighting Games:

Also,weebs rly?..Didnt know ppl still said that.

I hold the weeb flag high ^_^

• Always sad to see a player from any part of the FGC pass away
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/27/fighting-game-community-says-goodbye-one-street-fighters-most-influential-figures-rest-peace-nohoho/

"One of the most devoted figures in the Super Turbo scene, Nohoho, has passed away.

Though he was an exceptional Blanka player, it was Nohoho's, (pictured on the right in the banner) commitment to bringing Japanese knowledge and tech to the American scene that truly made him stand out in the community.

Even before the comforts and ease of communication brought on by modern technology, Nohoho would capture footage using VHS tapes so he could share with the community. He also started one of the most famous ST blogs of all time.

The details of his passing are unknown, but our best wishes go out to his surviving family and friends. Thank you so much for your contributions to our community Nohoho, it's people like you that make our world go round"

• Got to round 50 in survival with juri...and for no damn reason the game started to lag super hard,and necalli decided to go to asshole read input mode }:(

Why after 6 months is this still not fixed
    alt text

• Kind of fell off the SF5 train myself, can't wait for Injustice 2 now.

• Anyone want to play some SFV? My CFN is OddMan11 and you can add me on steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/oddman11.

• Sooo...apparently capcom has shipped less than 100k copies in the last 3 months.-sauce-

Someone at the capcom's hq needs to wake the fuck up,and start slapping some back heads cuz this shit will sink fucking deep.:disappointed:

The last update before the cpt final,supposedly, will be urien's update..They better have something,otherwise shits not gonna change until the next announcement,which will obviously be at the cpt finals..COME THE FUCK ON!!

• Their problem is that they think FGC appeal means mainstream appeal. NRS understands that fighting games should be for both casuals and hardcore people, which is why they've been embraced sales wise. Capcom is unrivaled when it comes to gameplay, but 5000 people signing up for one event a year isn't going to translate to sales.

• @BatViking said in Fighting Games:

Sad to see Killer Instinct is largely ignored. But I understand. It's matchmaking is utter trash, a horror show. A complete nightmare. Love the game, but gave up around silver rank when matchmaking gave me nothing but Gold and Killer ranked folks. Completely ridiculous. At least Juri is coming to SF5 soon, so I'll start playing that again.

I was really "jazzed" for KI.
    I used to play KI Gold for the N64 a lot. But I don't own an XBox and I really tend to stick to one console per generation.
    So I kept waiting for the PC version.

After windows 10, I had a lot of issues getting the MadCatz SE stick working with the PC and at this point the game's been running for a very long time - so it's very daunting to try and get into it. Also, I kind of tuned out after they introduced "RASH" - I don't know, but for me, some of the "guest" characters seem out of place.

I'm happy they made it though, and I still get the OST going sometimes. :P

• Beat hard survival with 8 characters,beat extreme with 1...And did everything else you need to do to earns fight money...And im still so far away from unlocking half of the stuff in there :confounded:

I need urien...I need more fight moneys:persevere:

• @Sleepychino69 Aye! That's messed up. I was able to get a night version of the waterfall stage with all the fight money I acquired from playing since launch. That's it. Bullshit I tell ya.

I think I started survival hard twice with Necalli.
    ...it's just ggrrrrr. Hat's off to you sir. I simply do not have the required resolve.
    Why do we like this game again? Damn you Capcom!!!

• They broke me and I bought the season pass. I had earned enough to get one character, deffo wanted Guile and Balrog and was interested in trying the others and got sick of the grind knowing any time i got a colour or stage it was setting me back.

• @Tiago-Ponte Playing Campaign gets you like 40k FM, amd Campaign + gets you another 15k I think. Individual story modes will get you a few thousand each go. Same for Survival. You can also get a good chunk from watching the tutorials and doing some trials. All in all you can get a big chunk of the available content without spending real money, and this is before they add Daily Challenges which should make it even easier to get stuff.

• @El-Shmiablo I must have missed something then... cause I did complete all of that.
    Is it possible that completing the modes while offline locked me out of getting any FM?
    I remember playing the single player modes during maintenance windows...

• @Tiago-Ponte That would explain it.
    It even gives you a warning message if you tty to do that, saying FM will not be awarded for completed tasks if played offline.

• @Tiago-Ponte
    The night/day stages mix cost sooo much fight money!

I know all about survival rage,got to 96 on extreme today...And cammy went psycho on me -_- i wanted to flip all the tables in the 100 mile radius:grimacing:

• Is anyone still having issues with "rage-quitting" in ranked?
    I feel like it's a bigger problem than it was with SF4. Maybe having that disconnect rate next to your name dissuaded some of that nonsense?

I've even met players with the online Ids suggesting that they will rage-quit, lol.

• Don't have any rage quitting in MKX, though the matchmaking itself in that game is infuriatingly unfair.