What Podcasts (besides the obvious EZAP and Frame Trap) do you listen to?

• I love topics like these as I hope I can share the love for some of my favorite podcasts and pick up some new ones to listen to in the process.

Video Games

• PS I Love You -Playstation centric podcast on Kinda Funny

• IGN Podcast Beyond

• Cool Games Inc - polygon, hosted by Griffin McElroy. They take user submitted tweets for video game ideas and try to flesh them out, pretty hilarious.

Topical Podcasts

• My Brother, My Brother, and Me - an advice show for the Modren (spelling intentional) era, 3 brothers read some of the most ridiculous questions off of Yahoo Answers and try to answer for them. User also submit their own serious questions and get a not so serious response from the brothers

• GameOverGreggy Show - Kinda Funny podcast, each of the chairs brings in a topic of the week to discuss, GIF vs JIF, Conservative voices non-existent in games media besides Colin Moriarty, Ice should we use it in our drinks, etc. Range from the serious to the stupid but usually pretty great

• Reply All - a podcast about the internet and the weird things that are there
    • Freakonomics Radio
    • Radiolab
    • The Pollsters - two analysts, one Republican, the other a Democrat, talk about the latest polling news. Sometimes it is not just political polling either which is great. They also do a great job explaining polling methodologies and flaws.
    • WDW Radio - a fun podcast all about Walt Disney World and vacation planning
    • /Filmcast - a great movie review podcast

D&D Podcasts

• TTE (also obvious)

• The Adventure Zone - The McElroy Brothers from My Brother, My Brother, and Me play D&D with their dad and it is hilarious

• Critical Role - all your favorite voice actors (not Troy Baker sadly) play D&D together

Audio Dramas and Story Anthologies

• The BlackTapes Podcast - imagine X-Files meets Serial, TBTP takes place in the Pacific Northwest as a journalist begins investigating a paranormal skeptic and these tapes he has labeled the Black Tapes. Each represents a case he hasn't yet been able to debunk. In it's second season, TBTP is a major contributor to the recent resurgence of the audio drama for horror fiction podcasts.
    • Tanis - the Sister podcast to TBTP, featuring another character from the show as he begins researching conspiracy in an age when the internet doesn't allow secrets anymore. Delves into and masterfully ties history and fiction together where sometimes I have had to look something up because I wasn't sure which was which.
    • Archive 81- The conceit of the podcast is that the one who uploads the podcast received a series of recording from his friend before his friend disappeared. HE is using the podcast to find him. As you listen to the recordings, the missing friend was signed on to document and save old audio files for the New York Preservation society. We hear some of these tapes and they are odd to the say the least
    • Small Town Horror- a young man returns home after leaving Crayton 20 years earlier. He played some sort of urban legend game and believes he was abducted and locked in a cellar for 24 hours. He escaped, and is back home in light of his father's death, trying to understand what happened to him 20 years earlier.
    • Alice Isn't Dead - Jasika Nicole from Fringe voices a truck driver crossing a weird weird America as she searches for her wife, Alice. Brought to you by the NightVale people
    • The Bright Sessions - Imagine a podcast as a psychologist/Dr. Xavier interviews and helps young people who are struggling with abnormal powers in their overall life. In the process, the psychologist needs their help.
    • The No Sleep Podcast - Horror Anthology at its finest. The stories are taken from Reddit's No Sleep subreddit and put together into a fantastic audio drama format.

• I am not much of a podcast listener, but I do enjoy Radio Free Nintendo and PS I Love You from time to time. I might check out some of your recommendations though! Are there any good RPG/JRPG based podcasts out there?

• Mega64's podcasts are my favorite so far. So ridiculous.

I also occasionally watch some Rooster Teeth podcasts as well (main RT, Off Topic, Funhaus, etc).

• For gaming, besides the EZA stuff, I also watch Game Scoop from IGN. for some reason I dig video podcast over just audio podcast. But for just audio I only listen to Comedy Bang! Bang!, Improv 4 Humans and High and Mighty.

• For gaming, the only regular chanel I watch is The Know. Others depend solely on if what they talk about is interesting to me.
    I also watch the JAT show, which is basically a vlog from a great voice actor.

• @Jergingha

Same here!

• Mega64 is the main podcast I've stuck with over the last decade or so, and I started listening to the Giant Bombcast a couple years ago as well.

As for non-video game shows, I listen to If I Were You, which is a hilarious advice podcast by Jake and Amir from CollegeHumor, and I've dabbled in listening to My Brother My Brother And Me and The Comedy Button.

• Noodles: Radio Free Nintendo
    Focuses heavily on playing and talking about games be it Nintendo related or otherwise, rather than talking about the news. The hosts always bring something new to the table and the group have great chemistry after doing what they do for so long. Got a little tearful when Johnathan Metts left after 9ish years of week-in week-out video game discussion.

Broth: 8-4 Play
    A Japan video game perspective from people that localise games to and from Japanese, with occasional inside baseball on how the whole process works.

• @TOPHATANT123 said in What Podcasts (besides the obvious EZAP and Frame Trap) do you listen to?:

Noodles: Radio Free Nintendo
    Focuses heavily on playing and talking about games be it Nintendo related or otherwise, rather than talking about the news. The hosts always bring something new to the table and the group have great chemistry after doing what they do for so long. Got a little tearful when Johnathan Metts left after 9ish years of week-in week-out video game discussion.

Broth: 8-4 Play
    A Japan video game perspective from people that localise games to and from Japanese, with occasional inside baseball on how the whole process works.

Noodles and Broth is going to be the new inside joke isn't it, haha

• Aside from the EZA podcast, TTE and Frame Trap, I only listen to Swedish podcasts mostly.

Creepypodden (The Creepy Pod) - Scary stories from around the web, told like campfire stories, sometimes with sound effects, with different voices. Usually told from the perspective of people in the stories.

Kvalificerat Hemligt (Qualified Secret) - Myths and conspiracy theories debunked.

Svenska Mordhistorier (Swedish Murder Stories) - Real and fictional murder stories. Most of them are real, but some are completely made up.

• Besides the EZA podcasts, just Giant Bombcast/Beastcast unless I see a one-off appearance by someone I like on a random podcast elsewhere.

• Beyond Easy Allies/Frame Trap, 8-4 Play is always a fab - and near instant - listen.

Otherwise I veer between Chomp Chain, The Computer Game Show, Chat Very Good, VideoGamer, Don't Give Up Skeleton, Bonfireside Chat, Midnight Resistance.

I'm also involved in a few. Twin Humanities is a podcast covering the Souls games, with Oh-The-Humanities dancing off into games in general, coffee, telly, movies - all that kind of stuff :) [see link in signature if you fancy it]

• Other than the EA stuff, Rooster Teeth Podcast, The Know, PS I love you, and the Kinda Funny Gamescast. There's too much good content out there, hard to keep up! ;)

• Podquisition, Fistshark & Spin-off doctors

• I've loved the Giant Beastcast for the last year, so I'm utterly devastated about Austin Walker moving on. The DLC podcast is also really good.

• +1 for Cool Games Inc and My Brother My Brother and Me. Love those sweet sweet McElroy brothers.

• I do listen to Co-optional podcast every once in a while. Especially if there is a interesting guest(s).

• If Game is a 4 Letter Word ever comes back I guess I can say I listen to that (It's Ryan Stevens' pet thing he did for a while)

Four Finger Discount is a pretty prominent Simpsons Facebook page that posts funnies but actually is a weekly podcast where two 27 year old manchildren from Geelong review every episode ever starting at the very beginning. It's quite excellent if you're a simpsons fan - they just interviewed Harry freaking Shearer!!

Cinema Swirl: "You seen that super popular fillum that everyone on the planet has seen?" "No" "Oh for fucks sake" - basically there exists a Sam Chaplin, a man who has somehow grown to be an adult who hasn't seen anything, ever. How will he react to popular fillums such as "Mean Girls" "Star Wars" "Back to the Future" etc with absolutely no nostalgia and a perfectly clean slate?

The Art of Wrestling - Colt Cabana's wrestling interview thing.

How2Wrestling: A man who has watched wrestling since he was a kid starts going out with a girl and finds out she's just gotten into it within the past 2 years. Naturally the appropriate course of action he chooses is to make a podcast where he educates her on various important figures and events in the world of wrestling that she's jumped into.

• Eh well...

alt text

Just the Cool Ghosts podcast, Daft Souls. I prefer listening to music rather than podcasts when commuting. I tend to switch whatever I'm listening to in the background and that's why I can't do audiobooks either.

These three are the exception.

• Other than EZA I regularly listen to a couple Tested podcasts, the Nerdist, Bill Burr's Podcast, and Dan Carlin's Hardcore History