What Podcasts (besides the obvious EZAP and Frame Trap) do you listen to?
wobess last edited by
I mainly listen to Easy Allies, sometimes Kinda Funny's Playstation podcast.
Not sure if this counts, but I listen to old radio shows.
Patrice O'Neal on Opie and Anthony, he was by far the funniest comedian ever to be on radio. link text
XFM Ricky Gervais Show, Karl Pilkington is the funniest human being ever without even trying. link text
Big fan of Freakonomics, This American life, The memory palace with Nick Dimeo, and The Moth Radio hour
Faaip last edited by
@Ochi I've heard good things about Freakonomics, I'll have to check that out
ablank2 last edited by
I don't listen to many video game podcasts that aren't EZA, but I do listen to a couple really interesting ones for other topics.
Wait wait don't tell me: A fun take on the week's news in the form of a game show. It's funny and lighthearted.
Radiolab: Intersting personal stories of a wide variety
Anything by The Ringer is high quality. The Bill Simmons Podcast also touches on issues outside the world of sports.
The Lowe Post: If you are a basketball fan (NBA), Zach Lowe is a must listen/read. Great analysis and unparalleled knowledge of the association.
tokeeffe9 last edited by
In terms of gaming podcasts I listen to
DLC - Really like this as it's set up like a mix of the EZA podcast and Frame Trap where they start with stories and then move on to what they are playing. They also have a tabletop segment but I generally skip it.
PS I Love you - It's been mentioned a few times, basically old Podcast Beyond. Which is good as I really don't like the new Beyond and have stopped listening
Kinda Funny Gamescast - Again another one that has been mentioned a few times. I like that I can skip to whatever I'm most interested and generally I'm interested in the majority.
Game Informer show - I'm liking this more and more as I listen. In particular it's great that they timestamp everything so you can skip to what you want. Seem like a really nice crew too.
Wired: Game|Life podcast - I listen to this one every so often. I generally only discuss one or two things on the show but they do so in an articulate way. The sound quality does bother me though.
DizBomber last edited by
Every week I listen to:
Kinda Funny and PS I Love You
Super Best Friendcast
Player One Podcast
Game Informer Show
EZA podcast is my current fav; Friendcast is a close 2nd.
babpel91 last edited by babpel91
Uh, that's a thread for me. I am a big podcast nut.
First of all I want to mourn podcasts I used to love, I'd be over the moon if anybody else used to listen to them:
- Australian Gamer Podcast: Found that one because Yathzee Croshaw did a couple of guest apperances and just ate it up. Still my absolute fav of all time and even though it has been done for years I still miss it.
- Invisible Walls: It's funny, even though EZA is basically GT Time, IW had a completely different tone. Marcus and Shane are alot more bro-y and straight forward to the point of being douchy, but I liked that podcast alot too.
- The Dissolve Podcast: Part of the really short lived Dissolve website for film buffs. Has an equally quality predecessor though. So all is good.
Besides EZA and Frame Trap I recommend:
- DLC: Although it's never gonna be one of my top podcasts because Christian get's annoying to me I do like it as sort of second opinion to EZA.
- Slashfilmcast: I just love the three hosts so much. My absolute favorite podcast right now. It's more loose and less professionell than others like Filmspotting. But that's part of the charm.
- Fighting in the War Room: Those four are professionell critics but relatively young and do have a great chemistry as well.
- Post-Move Podcast: A little known gem. Two professional filmcritics and friends but both of them are a bit on the older side and amazingly knowledgeable.
- TV Talk Machine: Tim Goodmans Podcast about the most recent TV Shows. Quite interesting.
- KCRWs the Spin Off
- And for my Game of Thrones needs: A Cast of Kings, A Storm of Spoilers and my absolute fav Cast of Thrones
- Weekly Planet
- The Thought Bubble
Other cool stuff:
- We Have Concerns: Only 20 minutes, really really funny
- Yer a Wizard Harry: Harry Potter Book Podcast only at Book 2, so you can read along easily.
Dan I last edited by
EZA and Frame Trap are basically the only gaming podcasts I do.
I am subscribed to No Comments Allowed by Marcus Beer but he hasn't released an episode in months (he and his wife recently took in a foster child so the man is busy).
The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project
This is Only a Test
The Geologic Podcast
michemagius last edited by
I very recently started listening to Podcasts. I listened to "Welcome To Nightvale" religiously when I was in high school and I always tune in to the EZA podcasts while I'm at work but nothing else really. I'm a big fan of old school/middle school Sourcefed (Basically from the original 3 hosts to Reina, Will, and Lieberman) so I've been listening to a lot of "Table Talk". I feel like they're mini podcasts, except for the ones with Watsky which are a lot longer (and absolutely hilarious, the frying pan story still cracks me up). As for real, normal podcasts I just started listening to My Brother, My Brother, and Me. One episode usually lasts my commute to school, so it's nice for that. I really like all the brothers. I've also been listening to a couple Anime podcasts here and there. I'm not loyal to any one in particular yet, I just look up podcasts that discuss what I'm currently watching.
Doctor Professor last edited by Doctor Professor
I listen to a number, but here's a few I'd recommend:
The Dollop: It's an American history podcast presented by two comedians. They talk about some of the dumber parts of the nation's history, with some of the truely horrible things sprinkled in. Basically things you wouldn't be told in an American history class.
Triforce: Two dads and one nondad talk for an hour, tell stories, and riff off eachother.
My Dad Wrote a Porno: A guy reads his 60ish year old dad's "erotic novel" to two friends. It's very badly written and very funny. Not for children, if that wasn't obvious.
TheHashtag0nist last edited by
What’s good games podcast
is very cool
Some lesser known ones
Coins 2 Continue (if you want something else than just a bunch of white dude)
Super Deformed Gamescast is fun as well
Olf_Himself last edited by Olf_Himself
Dropped Frames - A weekly podcast similar to Frame Trap that also focuses a lot on streaming as a profession.
Rollplay - A Patreon funded series of roleplaying shows with thousands of hours of content. Right now they have two weekly shows:
Court of Swords: A traditional DnD 5E show set in a world inspired by Khmer and other Asian culture. More hardcore than TTE but still a lot of silliness too.
Nebula Jazz: A Fate Accelerated show set in space in a universe where the Earth was destroyed in 1986, inspired by stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy.
A must watch finished Rollplay show is Swan Song.
The show uses the Stars Without Numbers ruleset and is about a group of outlaws doing various missions trying to pay off the loan on their space ship. Probably one of my favorite pieces of fiction ever.