What is your favorite genre of games?

• My favorite genre is RPG with turn based combat like Bravely Default or Wasteland 2.

• The Adventure genre is my favourite, specifically the Point & Clicky kind :3

• Horror, platformers and adventure games with strong narrative threads running through.

• I prefer strategy games, or more specifically turn based. i like games that require you to think carefully about your next action, but slow and patient games. Also keen on rpg. Which is why divinity original sin is an awesome game. Xcom 1 and 2. Final fantasy. Lost odyssey. I can sink hours into those games while button mashing fighting games can bore me after a while.

• Strategy RPGs and adventure RPGs

• Open worlds games was and still my favorite genre, games like SOTC and Skyrim that you can put 10 hours in without getting bored, and less towers = more fun.

• I'm torn between games like The Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, The Last of Us, and Metal Gear Solid 3. They all have a lot of elements that I enjoy but none of them are easy to define as one genre. Story is definitely really important to me though.

• I used to be really into western, open-world RPGs, and I still am to a degree, but nowadays I feel like the genre is becoming oversimplified and most big AAA RPGs resemble action games with stats tacked onto them. I know I'm in the minority, but I was really disappointed by Fallout 4 and I wanted so badly to love that game. I beat the main quest and kept coming back until I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't having fun.
    Lately I've been playing more strategic, turn-based RPGs like Divinity: Original Sin. I've also been delving into JRPGs more and have really enjoyed SMT IV and Bravely Default.

• To be very specific, I like metroidvania-style games. I'll give every one a chance.

• In general I just like the best games of every genre, but I do definitely have a soft spot for twin-stick shooters, going all the way back to Robotron. If I can run in one direction while shooting in another and take on giant swarms of enemies, I'm pretty happy.

• I'm kind of in a rogue-lite mood those last years... that and Grand Strategy.

• Platformers are what I grew up with and I'm good at, but what I really enjoy is laid back, turn-based, comfy RPGs. Strategy games can be nice. I also consistently enjoy Rhythm games.

Any time someone makes a cross-genre game including multiple of those genres I tend to instantly get hooked like with Harmoknight, which was basically a Rhythm Platformer.

Have a soft spot for Rogue-likes too, because I think dieing in a video game isn't a bad thing. Establishes the stakes when you see how brutal the world is. Don't rage over your death. Admire your effort at survival that led up to it, learn from it, and try to do a little bit better next time.

• Western and JRPGs, 2nd/3rd person action adventure, platformers, Sim/RTS

• JRPGs for sure, currently playing Trails of Cold Steel on PS3 and Ys: Memories of Celceta on Vita. I enjoy even the most mediocre JRPGs more than most western productions.