Best couch cooperative games of all time?

• Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is awesome with four players all sharing the same screen. You just have to establish some rules about constantly going into the menus though...

Also, Phantasy Start Online Episodes I & II on the GameCube is also really good fun in split screen. Me and my friend have poured so many hours into it over the years.

• @BogusMeatFactory Yeah it was pretty tough haha. We did start it about when it came out though and just finished recently, so we took our time

Great game though!

• @Faaip said in Best couch cooperative games of all time?:

@BogusMeatFactory Yeah it was pretty tough haha. We did start it about when it came out though and just finished recently, so we took our time

Great game though!

No doubt an excellent game! The praise is worth it as it is the perfect 2d platformer. Best balance of challenge and jnique elements and the level design is phenomenal! Kudos to beating it!

• @BogusMeatFactor Thanks man!

• A really cool Coop game I just started the other week was Lovers in a Dangerous Timespace, its a two player Coop game where you're both working together to pilot your space ship and rescue space bunnies. The art design and theme of the game might be a little weird to some but the core gameplay is seriously fun. There's different stations of the ship for weapons, shields and steering so the two of you are always running around the ship to shield up or fire back while the other is steering you out of danger. Really fun and totally flying under the radar IMO.

• I love Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath for couch co-op. I love co-op games, but I feel these really excel for couch co-op and I wouldn't prefer to play them online.

alt text

• Scott Pilgram. I played it freshman year of college with three other buds and it was a jolly good time.

• definitely TimeSplitters 2 and Perfect Dark!
    followed by the Halo series (except Halo 4... literally f** that game)

• I have to add the Gears of War series to the list. It's so rare for modern games to offer couch co-op, and these games were so much fun with a friend!

• Surprise surprise its a Mario.

So I went over to a friends house to play some games and after our fill of fighting games and Smash, we decided to see what else I brought. Turns out, New Super Mario Bros Wii was in the wrong case and we spent a good two hours on it. We spent quite some time sabotaging and blaming each other whenever one of us died.

Actually, speaking of fighting games, I remember that same friend and I going through the Weapon Master campaign in Soul Calibur 2 back in the day.

• PixelJunk Monsters!! Great replayability and jolly good times!

• Kirby Superstar. My friend introduced it to me back in middle school and we had the time of our lives playing it until the sun came up. I think back to this time often.

• Don't know if you'd count this but my friend and I always played Castlevania as co-op. Essentially, he was much better than me at the levels, especially jumping and avoiding those freakin' medusa heads. I however, was much better at seeing the patterns of bosses and killing them. So he'd do the levels and I'd do the bosses.

Otherwise yeah Crystal Chronicles was surprisingly good, as was Zelda 4 Swords. We had 4 people playing it and it was chaos. Good chaos that is. :)

• No one said it yet? Really?

Rayman Origins/Legends, people, incredible platformers and pretty much the only worthwhile games Ubisoft releases nowadays.

• Streets of Rage trilogy
    Golden Axe
    Gears of War (all of them)
    Rayman Origins / Legends

• I think it has to go to the Smash and Kart series. So much smack talk for a friendly "kids" game

• Purely Coop I'd have to give it to Halo 1-Reach. All of them are a blast coop, even if the multiplayer faltered for me in a couple of them.

Edit: Out of all of them I'd have to pick ODST as my favorite actually. Loved the tone and how it played.

• Global Moderator

I was going to say the Rayman games but I see they've been added.

I'll just mention the spec ops in MW2 are a tonne of quick fun with a friend.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is super fun is co op too.