Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype

• @Yoshi said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

Youtube Video

That's some next gen design right there!

• so picked up my Switch 2 hours ago at the Australian midnight launch and spent these last couple of hours testing the system out.

And omg i am absolutely loving how much faster and easy to use and set up the Nintendo Switch is already and i've barely started.
    already set up the console, played a bit of Zelda, linked my Nintendo Account to the Switch, merged the funds that were already sitting on my 3DS with my Switches eshop account and bought Snipperclips which is just about finished downloading now.
    this is the fastest and easiest console i've ever had since the N64 days. aside from download times for games, which is more than fair enough, literally everything has been instantaneous for me so far.
    no more disc loading times, no more disc installations, nothing!!!!
    I see a bright future ahead of the Switch if it keeps this up :D

• and with that first impression ladies and gentlemen. it's time for me to Switch off for night.

Ciao.

• @Yoshi said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

so picked up my Switch 2 hours ago at the Australian midnight launch and spent these last couple of hours testing the system out.

And omg i am absolutely loving how much faster and easy to use and set up the Nintendo Switch is already and i've barely started.
    already set up the console, played a bit of Zelda, linked my Nintendo Account to the Switch, merged the funds that were already sitting on my 3DS with my Switches eshop account and bought Snipperclips which is just about finished downloading now.
    this is the fastest and easiest console i've ever had since the N64 days. aside from download times for games, which is more than fair enough, literally everything has been instantaneous for me so far.
    no more disc loading times, no more disc installations, nothing!!!!
    I see a bright future ahead of the Switch if it keeps this up :D

What was the day one patch download time/size?

EDIT: Just seen your follow up post. Guess I'll have to find out for myself tomorrow

• @thenerdtheword not sure about the download size.

took like a minute for me to download though. that was it :D

anyway i'm off to bed now. Merry Switchmas all.

• Console arriving via Postal, Zelda thru UPS, and 2 unrelated art books (art of MGS5, and Nier art book) thru FedEx.

• @DMCMaster Imagine if they all bumped into one another at once.

I got my Switch tonight and a Pro Controller. Shoutouts to strolling into Walmart at midnight with nobody there while all the suckers were lined up in the cold outside Best Buy.
    but no games

• @Mbun Very nice! My brother got one pretty easily at Walmart as well. They told him 25-50 units were going to be available there.

• Nintendo overestimated demand in Russia. Walked in the store today and saw collectors edition of Breath of the Wild lying on the shelf. All consoles and accessories are also available for purchase without pre-ordering.

I'm sad for other regions.

• This hurt me watching it but its seems the Switch is quite robust!

Youtube Video

• @thenerdtheword said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

@Yoshi said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

Youtube Video

That's some next gen design right there!

People are so fucking stupid it's unbelievable. To quote somebody on my twitter feed, i'm not buying any "used" Switch game because every kid and grown man is going to lick their cartridge because people are idiots.

• Banned

You guys think there will be a hardware revision to improve upon the design and battery life?

You know, like how those dumbass early adopters got stuck with the regular ugly DS with the Lite coming out later.

Nintendo does love to redesign its handhelds.

• I hope so.

• @Art I would imagine that would be a yes. Its one reason why I am holding out on a Switch. If it was a traditional console, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue having a more power consuming device. But this is a portable tablet, that reportedly runs Zelda for 2 1/2 hours off the dock.

Not great battery life by any means. Even if I don't see myself using tablet mode much.

• @Art I'd say yes and no :P

Any redesign would have to be minimal to keep compatibility with the JoyCons and how they connect to the unit. So I wouldn't expect any major form factor changes like the usual Nintendo handhelds get.

The Switch as it is a tightly designed piece of kit but I could see a "and now with improved battery life model" in 2-3 years.

It would also be interesting to see if they make a budget version in a similar vain to the 2DS. Portable only with the Joycons being part of the unit or something like that.

• I'd rather have a home console only one, it could be cheaper because it wouldn't have the extra screen and shit, similar to the kinectless XB1.

• @Musou-Tensei that wouldn't be called a Switch anymore if that happened.

• @Yoshi Good, I don't like that name anyway

• @Musou-Tensei still a bettter name than Wii U