Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype

• Anyway as a brief aside, how many docks does everyone think they will get eventually?
    Ill probably get 2 more to cover my bedroom and Guest/Media/Storage/Real life tetris room.

• Banned

Let the scratching continue!

• Btw if anyone is looking for a screen protector I'd recommend this one.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Cheaper then the official one, and more durable too.

• @Art your own fault if you don't have a screen protector on and scratch your screen

• Some kind soul/crazy person called Poppyseed on NeoGAF took matters into their own hands and has done some testing to help calm people's fears:

Video 1: (feel the fear!) https://www.dropbox.com/s/bik6tk4po7ygzte/IMG_0453.m4v?dl=0

Video 2: (oh GOD!!!!!)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywlch47lnziaif6/IMG_0459.m4v?dl=0

And breathe!

Overall I think it is just a case of doing the following:

• Check to see if your dock is bent, if it is contact Nintendo for a replacement ASAP
    • Regularly check if there are any marks or matter inside the dock that could cause scratching
    • If you are overly worried about scratches, get a screen protector
    • If your screen is scratched by the dock and you can prove it contact Nintendo but just remember to be calm and collected when dealing with Customer Service. Remeber: nobody wants to help an angry person!
    • Have a bit of common sense when sliding the Switch in and out of the dock, nice and easy rather than shoving it in and out.

• gotta say i like the feeling of the joy-cons with joy-con grip put probably 20 hours into Zelda so far

i did encounter the left controller desync but i solved it by moving the dock away from my smart tv which is geographically farther away from my couch (as directed by nintendo's support page to get it away from wifi devices) haven't encountered it since.

• @Bigdude1 Hmm, that's interesting. I haven't had any problems personally yet, but I guess if that can cause interference people could try turning off the smart hub or bluetooth features of their tv when playing their Switch since that should disable the television from sending out those signals.

• So after messing around with my Switch for a few days, I overall love it, but I feel very uneasy when sliding the Joycons out of the console.

I can't figure out a comfortable way to hold the console, the joycon, and press the release button at the same time without feeling like I'm brutalizing the poor thing.

Am I dumb or do other people feel clumsy doing that? (Option 1 is a very real possibility)

• @Axel I push the button with one hand and lift with the other.

• I'll have to try turning off the Wi-Fi connection for my living room TV next time I'm there (along with the Wi-Fi booster I guess)

So when does everyone expect the first post launch Switch Direct to happen?
    Personally I expect one to happen before March is done, maybe early April at the latest. Will probably be the announcement for VC launch, and some more ports being announced, with a few new titles.

• Well, whenever the restocks decide to find the stores in my small Florida town I'll be able to jump on the hype train, too.

• @DMCMaster yea i expect it before mk8 deluxe, i think we'll see a smash 4 port with additional Characters ( Banjo and Shovel Knight) along with the release of the cloud and bayonetta amiibos .

• @Axel said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

So after messing around with my Switch for a few days, I overall love it

I love how unintentionally perverted Nintendo made the name of this new console sound XD

• @DMCMaster said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

I'll have to try turning off the Wi-Fi connection for my living room TV next time I'm there (along with the Wi-Fi booster I guess)

So when does everyone expect the first post launch Switch Direct to happen?
    Personally I expect one to happen before March is done, maybe early April at the latest. Will probably be the announcement for VC launch, and some more ports being announced, with a few new titles.

They'll have to address the VC stuff soon and April or May would be a good time for that. It would help generate some more positive buzz into the run up to E3.

• @Caleb_Aranda
    Cool another Florida ally

@FF7Cloud
    Banjo? Really? Shovel Knight I can see (and expect) but Banjo?
    If anything I imagine Smash 4 Switch will re add Ice Climbers, possibly a few of the Melee Clones (Pichu, Young Link now with TP styled design) and maybe 2 or 3 new characters like Rayman

@thenerdtheword
    Agree, I imagine them announcing VC, the system's it will support with NES, SNES, N64, GBA, and Gamecube are all safe contenders at this point I think, but who knows maybe Dreamcast or something will be added.

• @DMCMaster Phil Spencer said he would allow NIntendo to use them if they'd like, so its not out of the realm of possibility.

Anybody else have the problem where the switch will freeze up and the only option is a hard restart?

• My orzly screen protector arrived yesterday and I am really impressed with it!

Box:
    alt text

After putting it on the console:
    alt text

The glass is nice and study despite its thinness and it hasn't dulled the colours of the screen which I was worried about. I also managed to avoid getting any air bubbles or dust trapped underneath the glass so GO ME!

• @thenerdtheword I'm going to be applying mine this weekend. (Similar brand I think, mine has green packaging). Happy to see yours worked out!

I am really psyched for the Switch this year. It is a bit of a bummer to really have just Zelda + Indie games, but once we hit holiday this year that won't be the case. Zelda+Splatoon 2+Mario Kart 8 Deluxe+Super Mario Odyssey+Fire Emblem Warriors...

Not having Smash is really going to hold the system back though. My dream is for Nintendo to announce it at E3, to be released before Super Mario Odyssey.

• @Stormcrownn I've already got more games than I have time to play, and Zelda was super long, so I'm not complaining about launch lineup. Mine already has Zelda, Bomberman, the full Shovel Knight package with three campaigns plus a fourth on the way, and the Snipperclips demo in case I'm ever anywhere and someone wants to try the console out with me since Switch removed the stupid demo limit 3DS had.

I'm actually happy Splatoon 2 isn't at launch, because it gives Nintendo time to smooth out their online before the game I'll most heavily use said online with. I know 8 Deluxe is sooner, but I probably won't pick that up until the holiday since I already have enough to play and have Mario Kart 8 plus all the DLC on Wii U.

I still have a ton of games from the last Steam sale on PC and a couple Wii U games to work my way through too.