Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype

• @Mbun My Wii U came with a charging cable for the pad, I can play Wii U while charging, that utterly basic thing got taken away from Nintendo just so they can sell the overpriced Charging Grip which really should be included with the overpriced Switch. Seperate overpriced Pro Pad, fine, but this is just pure bs, they are going backwards.

• @Musou-Tensei Your Wii U Gamepad came with a charging cable because the things battery lasted for 3 hours AND because you physically couldn't dock it on the Wii U console and recharge it there.

the Jon Cons batteries last for 20 hours and if you want to recharge them, just dock them on the system when your sleeping at night or eating dinner or something.

you can't charge them while youre playing in TV mode right out of the box though? oh boo hoo. cry me a bloody river. i'm sure you'll live.

• @Yoshi said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

@benoit489 said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

Don't even get me started on 32GB of internal memory, that was bad even when the Wii U

ummm you do realise that microSD card memory only currently exists at retail up to 256gb's right don't you? and those 256 gb microSD cards aren't exactly cheap...

64GB isn't a stretch. 32GB is just Nintendo being cheap.

• @benoit489 i'm going all physical. so space isn't really an issue to me anyway.

• @Yoshi I will, because I'm not buying that shit.

• @Musou-Tensei we already knew you weren't buying a Switch. you've said that multiple times already, so why do you care so much about such a meaningless problem again?

• @Yoshi I'm not so space will be an issue just like it was on the Wii U 5 years ago. I'm ready for Nintendo to show that they have learned something.

• @benoit489 well it can hold up to 2TB's of microSD card memory which isn't even avaliable at retail yet and supports USB C charging which futureproofs the console on 2 parts.

• @Mbun like I said. I have a ton of games and systems. At most I have three connected at a time. And realistically I'm actively gaming on two out of three at most. Wii U is the one I am using the least. I have a family and prefer not to have every console I own hooked up, accessories and all, simultaneously. That's a lot of clutter. I don't even game everyday, but I never have just one sole console.

I'm not gonna cry about it. I'm just probably not gonna buy it right away for msrp. Most likely I'll just wait and get it on resale with a more complete package when Mario comes out. I'd gladly support Nintendo if I thought it was worth it. I guess I don't feel like it's worth it at this time.

• @Yoshi Because eventually I will have to buy one.

• @Musou-Tensei no you don't. you don't have to do anything.

• @Yoshi To play certain games I have to buy certain consoles/handhelds, why else would I have a Vita?

• @Musou-Tensei you don't need to play Nintendo exclusives

• @Yoshi I'll admit the USB C charging is great, glad they are modernizing in that regard. I'm still ticked about the small internal storage, 32 GB just isn't enough when your flagship launch title can eat up half of it. We have to remember they are advertising the portability of the Switch.

• @benoit489 Join the physical copy master race or suck it up digital people. :3

• my wiiu had 32 gb and i never came close to filling it and i have like a dozen games,

• @Yoshi I love me physical as much as possible but I'm concerned about patches and the Switch's 32GB. Modern day patches can be quite large. I don't recall Nintendo having large patches like other companies and third parties. But it's not uncommon for a game to have a patch larger than 32gb.

• @matt said in Nintendo Switch Launch/Hype:

But it's not uncommon for a game to have a patch larger than 32gb.

On what, Vive? The Switch is a handheld — none of the full games announced for release so far have had that kind of file size.

Speaking of which, $70 200gb micro sd cards should be more than sufficient for all of the games one would normally buy (most of them being Nintendo games which actually use good file compression) between now and mid 2018.

• @Haru17 sorry, you're right. They aren't commonly that large. I do feel like I'm constantly downloading large patches of several GB though.

• @matt you're going to get patches whether you go physical or digital.

may as well just go physical and only have the patch data on the card instead of the whole entire game as well as the patch on there filling up even more space.