What is your favorite old school Sierra game?

• Ahh, my favourite developer. It's a bit of a tough one really, one part of me wants to say Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards and another part wants to say Police Quest 2: The Vengeance. Ultimately though, I am going to plump instead for The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery as my all time favourite.

• @Sheria said in What is your favorite old school Sierra game?:

Ahh, my favourite developer. It's a bit of a tough one really, one part of me wants to say Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards and another part wants to say Police Quest 2: The Vengeance. Ultimately though, I am going to plump instead for The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery as my all time favourite.

Oh man! You good sir/lady, your choice is absolutely spectacular! I am a huge fan of FMV games for the cheeseball style and execution, but The Beast Within is the one game where I point to everyone and say, "This is FMV done right!"

I feel like the Gabriel Knight series is one of the best narrative games ever! I want more! I need more! The art, the storytelling, the voiceacting, the everything! I am loving this whold thread!

• So many great responses. I'd love to see the Easy Allies tackle more of these games and I'm excited to see Jones and Amanda start on Space Quest. I can't believe I forgot about Phantasmagoria (a game my brother made me watch him play) and Gabriel Knight was just incredible.

What I loved about these games was having no walkthroughs or direction on how to complete them. It was so painfully challenging, but I loved every second of it. Who else here found themselves constantly saving before moving on to a new area?

• As far as kids games go, Sid and Al's Incredible Toons had no equal (Other than Freddie Fish).

• The Gabriel Knight series. Sins of the Fathers is probalby my favorite game of all time. It's definitely the game that's closest to my heart. I played it with my dad because I was to young to understand english. We played Police Quest before that but GK changed my life. It got me into gameing and made me want to write stories which is what I do for a living today. I still play though it sometimes

• Definitely Space Quest 1 VGA and Space Quest 4, though the Jim Walls Police Quest games (and Blue Force) are right up there. Gary Owens as the narrator really took SQ4 to another level.

The Two Guys from Andromeda did a Kickstarter a while back for SpaceVenture, development seems like it's been pretty up and down but you might want to check it out.

• @dafoomie my brother actually helped develop some of that game.

• Leisure Suit Larry 2, Police Quest 2 and King's Quest 4. I put DAYS into those games (also racked up a decent phone bill thanks to the Sierra Tip Line).

• @DigitalNoodle said in What is your favorite old school Sierra game?:

Leisure Suit Larry.

Ah man, I remember we'd have to bug my friends dad for the trivia answers to get past the age verification at the beginning haha.

• I did beta testing on Phantasmagoria 2, Hunter/Hunted, and one or two other games I can't remember right now.

• I played Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out and Police Quest IV: Open Season back in the day and enjoyed them. But really LucasArts games were SO MUCH BETTER! =D

• I hate to say that I've never played a Sierra game myself, but I absolutely adore watching the Game Grumps playthroughs of King's Quest V, VI and the Leisure Suit Larry games.

• @vanti said in What is your favorite old school Sierra game?:

I played Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out and Police Quest IV: Open Season back in the day and enjoyed them. But really LucasArts games were SO MUCH BETTER! =D

While I feel that the Lucasarts games are phenomenal, I see the Sierra games to be of the same caliber, with exclusions to some games like a large portion of the King's Quest and the later, Vivendi run titles in the mid to late 90's. Although, LucasArts games usually are death free, it was not free of obtuse puzzles. That is why my favorite Sierra games have lots of wit and charm and lack a lot of those confusing puzzles. I highly recommend you check out the Quest for Glory series and that may even the odds between the two companies. Again, I absolutely adore both companys' games evenly.

• @frasafrase said in What is your favorite old school Sierra game?:

As far as kids games go, Sid and Al's Incredible Toons had no equal (Other than Freddie Fish).

Sid and Al!! Thanks for bringing it up, I'd forgot it even existed lol. My brother & I spent hours with it, especially the create-your-own-puzzle editor. Good times.

Personal favourite has to be the first EcoQuest game though. Loved that underwater world.