What are your Top 10 Potential nominees for GOTY for 2017

• After clearing the latest frame trap. I could help but chime in on your thoughts on what you expect to be in your top 10 potential goty nominees for 2017.

I haven't finished making my list so I guess you guys can go first. Could all list the game and state next to each of them 1 reason why they you think it deserves to be on your list.

At the end list 1 GOTY which you personally feel would stand out above the rest.

• I only got eight that I'm looking forward to at this point.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The hype is real after all the reviews. It's something new.
    Mass Effect: Andromeda - On the fence, to be honest, but I guess a need for a scifi story makes me get it.
    Rime - Adventure on a beautiful location makes me interested.
    Tekken 7 - Heihachi needs to teach everyone a serious lesson. Again.
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Nostalgia. But they changed the musics!
    Red Dead Redemption 2 - One word: immersive.
    South Park: The Fractured but Whole - Loved the first one, and this one has superheroes! MCU <3<3<3
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Naughty Dog's final touch with the series. A must-have.

GOTY - RDR2.

• I expect my GOTY list to be the following:

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    3. Read Dead Redemption 2
    4. Super Mario Odyssey
    5. Horizon Zero Dawn
    6. Mass Effect Andromeda
    7. Prey
    8. Gran Turismo Sport
    9. South Park: The Fractured Butt Whole
    10. Persona 5

• we're barely into 2017 and you're ALREADY asking this?

jesus at least wait till E3 when we actually get a bunch of stuff announced.

• @Yoshi

When we get to E3 I'll hopefully do another GOTY list to see whats changed. I don't see whats the problem. Feel free to contribute. If not then at least ponder over others allies opinions.

• @Yoshi They did the same on the newest Frame Trap, like stated in the first phrase here. It's kinda ridiculous right now, sure, but also fun to think the year forward in this sense.

• Sonic Mania - The names attached to it mean a lot to anybody who knows enough about the sonic fangame community. I haven't seen a single thing yet that doesn't inspire confidence that this will be the best Sonic game in years.
    Gravity Rush 2 - Something about this series just encapsulates the charm of finding a $20 used PS2 game in 2005 and being blown away by how original it is that no other games in the last decade have.
    Yakuza 0 - still backlogged but if it's even half as good as Yakuza 5 then it's gonna be an 8/10 without even trying. Also, Majima.
    For Honor - Dominion is silly fun but 1v1 duels and 2v2 brawls are just real good times with a lot of exciting close calls, upsets, curbstomps etc. It's exhilarating.
    PuyoPuyo Tetris - Puyo Puyo is amazing, Tetris is amazing, this game technically came out a few years ago in Japan though I've never played it but I've heard good things.

After this it gets a lot murkier since frankly these are the only games I've either played or been highly anticipating, but:

Tales of Berseria - I've only just started this but I like it so far. RPGs aren't really my thing though so I dunno how long that'll last
    Fractured But Whole - Stick of Truth was pretty good, I can see this being on par with it or even better
    Splatoon 2 - I have no interest in buying a Switch at the moment, but if any game is gonna break me it'll be this one. First was one of the few things Nintendo has done to impress me in the last two or so years.
    Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash - I'm reachin a bit to fill out a full 10 I'll admit, but it does look pretty fun
    Persona 5 - I'm entirely convinced the only reason I like Persona 4 is because it was a "right place, right time" game for me back in high school. Never got into any other game in the series or most RPGs in general. I'll probably give this a go at some point though and I mean, it isn't like I think it'll be bad or anything.

Personal GOTY - Sonic Mania

Also honorable mention to Shenmue III, which is gonna be great but I frankly don't think it'll be out until 2018.

• Is this personal list or a group list? It's way different if you ask for my personal GOTY or what games I think will made it for EZA or overall?

• @Nillend

No. this is personal list.

• Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Prey
    Cuphead
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Star Wars Battlefront II
    Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Sea of Thieves
    Yooka-Laylee

GotY - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• I liked the most recent FrameTrap so this idea is neat. At the core of it, this is nothing more than a "Top 10 Most Anticipated for 2017" list, but there's nothing wrong with that!

Here are my criteria for my list: I'm not interested in ALL of these, but ones I feel are the best for me. I'll annotate where the difference is. ALSO: No remasters. As much as I'm hyped for Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy XII, they've already been released. Finally, I must feel like the game will be released this year. If there isn't a date, it won't be on here (Sorry Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts III, and Final Fantasy VII: Remake)

Here's my list:

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Hearing such great things about this and while I've been looking forward to it, a comment about the story's setting and final act have me really intrigued.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I'm a huge ME fan and from what I've recently seen and heard, Bioware is refining what was great and improving on what wasn't from the original trilogy. Really excited for this.

Prey - I like Dishonored quite a bit, so hearing the comparisons its that, Bioshock and System Shock 2 all in one is incredibly appealing.

Games I have no interest in

Resident Evil VII - In no way am I a RE or even horror fan, but watching the full playthrough with the Allies shows me this is a high quality game.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - If anything, this is here simply because of the zeitgeist. This isn't my thing, but no matter what, Zelda will be in GOTY contention at the end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - One compound word: Rockstar

Super Mario Odyssey - This is the first home console mainline Mario game in so long, and from what I've seen, it'll do things new to the franchise that will have its ardent supporters making a very strong case for it.

Persona 5 - I understand the fervor behind this game makes this feel like I must include it, but I think (even though its changing fast and in a big way) its not quite mainstream enough to overtake the other well-established properties on this list.

Yooka-Laylee - Much like last year's Ratchet & Clank, I think this will do well enough to make a statement that mascot platformers is a genre that has some tangible demand and all I've heard about this is it's well polished and very fun.

South Park: The Fractured, but Whole - I hesitated putting this on the list because it doesn't have a set date, but it does have a window of this year. The Stick of Truth took many by surprise and I think this entry will either be just as good, if not better.

Personal GOTY as of February - Mass Effect: Andromeda

• Most games on this list will probably be skipped by most, but hey... someone needs to have a good taste :P Just kidding, please don't hit me.
    In all seriousness though, I usually go away from big blockbusters and this bunch has gotten me very excited. VERY!

1. Kingdom Come Deliverance - GOTY
    2. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
    3. Worlds Adrift
    4. Absolver
    5. Divinity original Sin 2
    6. The Bard's Tale IV
    7. Elder scrolls online: Morrowind
    8. Dark and Light
    9. Elex
    10. Prey

Honorable mentions: Mass effect: Andromeda (Either hit or a total miss. Not sure if I'm the audience for it), Prey for the Gods (This one will probably consume me, but I have a bad feeling that it will be delayed.), Vampyr (Not sure if the story is... there.), Lost ember (Looks like a great, unique game, but I don't know if it has anything substantial to lean on), Dauntless (Looks promising, but I need to know more.), Red Dead Redemption 2 (if it even comes out this year and comes to PC), Xenoblade chronicles 2 (I will believe it when I'm holding it in my hands).

• @Nillend

I'm suprised you didn't mention Torment: tides of numenera. Its looks a game that would be right up your alley

• @Brannox You only have three games you're looking forward to this year? I thought I went low with eight.

Edit. Ok, so you kinda have more with Crash and FFs etc., if you look it that way.
    But why do you list seven games you have no interest in, when the question is what is your personal GOTY list for this year? That's kinda of a weird mix now of both personal and sort of general consensus candidates.

Edit.2 I'm taking this too seriously, I think. I can't help it. :/

• In release order (or close), not importance to me.

1. Tales of Berseria - I haven't played it but I enjoy Tales games, and it sounds like this is one of the better ones out of the past few. I will say this is last on my list. I came went through the games I was pumped for and only had 9 so I had to go back and find a runner up.
    2. Resident Evil VII - I did not play it but I watched Huber's streams of it and loved it. I don't play scary games but it was great experiencing this with the allies
    3. Horizon Zero Dawn - This looks really good, is reviewing well, and from the itty bitty taste I played is actually pretty fun.
    4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - super nostalgia hype for this, I just need some reviews to ease some concerns. Regardless it'll be in my top 10.
    5. Mass Effect: Andromeda - I enjoyed 1 and 2 (still haven't played 3) a lot. If Bioware learned from their mistakes and this game is an improvement I think it'll be great.
    6. Persona 5 - I've never played one before but it sounds right up my alley. It also helps that everyone Japan says its great and so do the Allies who have played bits of it.
    7. Yooka-Laylee - I love jolly platforms to pieces and this is exactly that. Looks great and I'm sure it'll be a blast
    8. Sonic Mania - I love Sonic and Sonic games. There haven't been many good ones but this looks and feels to true to the originals which is what its going for so I'm going to love it.
    9. Red Dead Redemption 2 - I never played the first but from what I know of it I can't believe I missed it. If 2 can release this year and be that Rockstar quality it could be one of the greats.
    10. Super Mario Odyssey - From the trailer we have seen so far this looks like the Mario game I have been waiting for. I just need to convince myself to buy a Switch

• @MSBi It does nothing to impress me. Among all classic style RPS, Divinity was the only one that I enjoyed. I couldn't get into pillars of eternity, grim dawn, Tyranny or any other than D:OS

• Whoo doggy, this will be fun to look back on once the year is out. Not sure if I can manage a top 10 because I'm trying to be frugal this year, but let's see...

1. Persona 5 - My favorite franchise is coming back in force! Reading about the themes of this one, seeing red being the main color, and even just looking at those beautiful menus, I don't even feel a sense of hyperbole when I say this has a high chance of becoming one of the best RPGs ever made.

2. Pyre - The details around this are murky but considering Supergiant's track record, they've earned my trust at this point. I really hope Darren Korb is signed on to do the score for this game because that alone will elevate it to greatness.

3. Red Dead Redemption 2 - The previous game wasn't really my cup of tea but Rockstar is another company that garners a lot of faith from me. The online aspect feels like it may break some new ground and that teaser trailer has hyped me in ways I could never expect.

4. Yakuza 0 - Playing through this currently and it is glorious. If the story keeps up the quality throughout, I've just become a fan of the franchise.

5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - While the first game was very funny, the actual combat felt like an RPG-lite. Just taking a look at the improvements made to those systems as well as a setting I prefer to typical fantasy, this one will become a classic for any South Park fan.

6. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - I loved the fast-paced nature of the MVC games so as long as that spirit is kept intact, I'll be one happy camper once this is released.

7. Gwent - Although there's no set release date for this bad boy, I have the sneaking suspicion it'll come out sometime this year. Easy to put on the list as I literally spent an entire day playing Gwent in The Witcher 3.

Honorable mentions that I'm interested in but probably won't get around to playing this year: Super Mario Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee, Sonic Mania, Resident Evil VII, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Nier: Automata, and Prey.

Just to be edgy, here's my guesses for most disappointing games of the year: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mass Effect: Andromeda. Who knows though, maybe that special Switch shirt that Link can wear will really make the game a 10 outta 10.

• Unless something truly exceptional (borderline miraculous) happens, Persona 5 will be my GOTY. There are reasons why Persona 3 and 4 are my favorite games, P5 being an improved version of that it would have to be an huge dissapointment for it not to be my own GOTY.

Aside from that Mario Odyssey, RDR2 would seem like obvious contenders, aside from that I have faith on Nier, and South Park to be really good and be worthy contenders.

• Top 10? I might get a Top 5 if I try.
    Nier Automata is my obvious choice, Taro Yoko's weirdness paired with Platinum's gameplay.

Yakuza 0 is my actual GotY 2017 so far... also the only 2017 release I played so far, so yeah, it is an amazing game though.

Yakuza Kiwami since I would consider myself a fan of the series now I'm looking forward a lot to the remake of Yakuza.

If it gets released in the west this year and NoA doesn't fucks it up again, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, like the 1st game which was my GotY 2011, could be it, also a system seller. At least 8-4 won't be localizing this, but when the Treehouse gets their dirty hands on it then all is lost.

Super Mario Odyssey finally brings back Mario to 3D sandbox, something we didn't really got since Mario Sunshine, I mean Mario Galaxy is great but Mario 64 remains as my favorite 3D Mario game.

Ys VIII, it looks great, my only worries are that NISA could do the usual bullshit and memes the game up the ass with a loose translation, possible censorship of in their irrelevant opinion "problematic" content, and even bugs they never patch. Oh well at least the rancid PC master race don't have to wait for a Steam release, yay...

Hey I even did 6.
    Why not P5? While I like Persona game they never reach GotY status for me, same with Zelda game really.

• Yakuza 0 - Going to finish this this weekend. Definitely going to end up on my end of year top 10 list. Hell, cabaret manager itself might have made it on my top 10 list.

Persona 5 - I think P4G was really, really good. I hate the random, generic feel of the dungeons though and always found myself rushing through them so that I could spend as little time in them as possible. If the dungeons in P5 feel like someone put some effort into them, while keeping/improving on other game mechanics, this may be one of the greats.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Right now the only think keeping my hype in check is Brandon Jones' not thinking this is going to end up on the EZA top ten list at the end of the year. Like, is it a great game or not? I don't know! I hope.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - IF this comes out this year, It automatically goes to top 3 contender status. I'm like 50/50 whether it's coming out this year though.

Divinity Original Sin 2 - Don't be afraid of this game! I played through the original game and thought it was great, Talk about context! This game does things that I wish more games did. Enemies standing on wet ground? Electrocute them all! Cast grease and set it aflame just like your favorite Tabletop wizards! After the battle, cast rain to put out the fire!

Nioh - I'm likely never going to finish this game. I'm putting it on the list because I will give massive props to any game that manages to incorporate Japanese history and mythology into a game as something other than a joke. Nioh has such a rich cultural background and era, based loosely on and including real people in fantasy settings that hasn't been used to death like Medieval Euro-fantasy has. Refreshing, even if I think it's too hard for me to want to play all the way through!

Pyre - I'm probably one of the few people I've talked to that's played any of this game. Is it a sports game? Kind of. Has Supergiant lost their minds? Maybe, but in a good way. What I played was kind of like The Oregon Trail meets NBA Jam. The demo I played hints at a deeper story and lore than they've hinted at outside the demo at any time, and I'm curious to see how this all comes together.

Nier Automata - That demo sold me. I know nothing about Nier or Drakenguard, but if the game maintains the level of "holy sh*t, what?" that the demo gave me, this will be in the top 10 this year.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I love you Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. I like you right up until the ending Mass Effect 3, when you (spoiler alert) ruin everything, likely kill every character I've just spent 3 games falling in love with, and there are no endings that show how anything I did mattered. Can you start over, learn from your mistakes, and begin again? I'm hopeful to find out.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - There's like a 5% chance that I'll play this this year. It'll probably be on every GOTY list though, so why not mine?

• Right now, I'm predicting that Persona 5 is what I will vote for. (Unless RDR2 actually hits this year... then... maybe?)

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.