What are your Top 10 Potential nominees for GOTY for 2017

• @MSBi It does nothing to impress me. Among all classic style RPS, Divinity was the only one that I enjoyed. I couldn't get into pillars of eternity, grim dawn, Tyranny or any other than D:OS

• Whoo doggy, this will be fun to look back on once the year is out. Not sure if I can manage a top 10 because I'm trying to be frugal this year, but let's see...

1. Persona 5 - My favorite franchise is coming back in force! Reading about the themes of this one, seeing red being the main color, and even just looking at those beautiful menus, I don't even feel a sense of hyperbole when I say this has a high chance of becoming one of the best RPGs ever made.

2. Pyre - The details around this are murky but considering Supergiant's track record, they've earned my trust at this point. I really hope Darren Korb is signed on to do the score for this game because that alone will elevate it to greatness.

3. Red Dead Redemption 2 - The previous game wasn't really my cup of tea but Rockstar is another company that garners a lot of faith from me. The online aspect feels like it may break some new ground and that teaser trailer has hyped me in ways I could never expect.

4. Yakuza 0 - Playing through this currently and it is glorious. If the story keeps up the quality throughout, I've just become a fan of the franchise.

5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - While the first game was very funny, the actual combat felt like an RPG-lite. Just taking a look at the improvements made to those systems as well as a setting I prefer to typical fantasy, this one will become a classic for any South Park fan.

6. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - I loved the fast-paced nature of the MVC games so as long as that spirit is kept intact, I'll be one happy camper once this is released.

7. Gwent - Although there's no set release date for this bad boy, I have the sneaking suspicion it'll come out sometime this year. Easy to put on the list as I literally spent an entire day playing Gwent in The Witcher 3.

Honorable mentions that I'm interested in but probably won't get around to playing this year: Super Mario Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee, Sonic Mania, Resident Evil VII, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Nier: Automata, and Prey.

Just to be edgy, here's my guesses for most disappointing games of the year: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mass Effect: Andromeda. Who knows though, maybe that special Switch shirt that Link can wear will really make the game a 10 outta 10.

• Unless something truly exceptional (borderline miraculous) happens, Persona 5 will be my GOTY. There are reasons why Persona 3 and 4 are my favorite games, P5 being an improved version of that it would have to be an huge dissapointment for it not to be my own GOTY.

Aside from that Mario Odyssey, RDR2 would seem like obvious contenders, aside from that I have faith on Nier, and South Park to be really good and be worthy contenders.

• Top 10? I might get a Top 5 if I try.
    Nier Automata is my obvious choice, Taro Yoko's weirdness paired with Platinum's gameplay.

Yakuza 0 is my actual GotY 2017 so far... also the only 2017 release I played so far, so yeah, it is an amazing game though.

Yakuza Kiwami since I would consider myself a fan of the series now I'm looking forward a lot to the remake of Yakuza.

If it gets released in the west this year and NoA doesn't fucks it up again, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, like the 1st game which was my GotY 2011, could be it, also a system seller. At least 8-4 won't be localizing this, but when the Treehouse gets their dirty hands on it then all is lost.

Super Mario Odyssey finally brings back Mario to 3D sandbox, something we didn't really got since Mario Sunshine, I mean Mario Galaxy is great but Mario 64 remains as my favorite 3D Mario game.

Ys VIII, it looks great, my only worries are that NISA could do the usual bullshit and memes the game up the ass with a loose translation, possible censorship of in their irrelevant opinion "problematic" content, and even bugs they never patch. Oh well at least the rancid PC master race don't have to wait for a Steam release, yay...

Hey I even did 6.
    Why not P5? While I like Persona game they never reach GotY status for me, same with Zelda game really.

• Yakuza 0 - Going to finish this this weekend. Definitely going to end up on my end of year top 10 list. Hell, cabaret manager itself might have made it on my top 10 list.

Persona 5 - I think P4G was really, really good. I hate the random, generic feel of the dungeons though and always found myself rushing through them so that I could spend as little time in them as possible. If the dungeons in P5 feel like someone put some effort into them, while keeping/improving on other game mechanics, this may be one of the greats.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Right now the only think keeping my hype in check is Brandon Jones' not thinking this is going to end up on the EZA top ten list at the end of the year. Like, is it a great game or not? I don't know! I hope.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - IF this comes out this year, It automatically goes to top 3 contender status. I'm like 50/50 whether it's coming out this year though.

Divinity Original Sin 2 - Don't be afraid of this game! I played through the original game and thought it was great, Talk about context! This game does things that I wish more games did. Enemies standing on wet ground? Electrocute them all! Cast grease and set it aflame just like your favorite Tabletop wizards! After the battle, cast rain to put out the fire!

Nioh - I'm likely never going to finish this game. I'm putting it on the list because I will give massive props to any game that manages to incorporate Japanese history and mythology into a game as something other than a joke. Nioh has such a rich cultural background and era, based loosely on and including real people in fantasy settings that hasn't been used to death like Medieval Euro-fantasy has. Refreshing, even if I think it's too hard for me to want to play all the way through!

Pyre - I'm probably one of the few people I've talked to that's played any of this game. Is it a sports game? Kind of. Has Supergiant lost their minds? Maybe, but in a good way. What I played was kind of like The Oregon Trail meets NBA Jam. The demo I played hints at a deeper story and lore than they've hinted at outside the demo at any time, and I'm curious to see how this all comes together.

Nier Automata - That demo sold me. I know nothing about Nier or Drakenguard, but if the game maintains the level of "holy sh*t, what?" that the demo gave me, this will be in the top 10 this year.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I love you Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. I like you right up until the ending Mass Effect 3, when you (spoiler alert) ruin everything, likely kill every character I've just spent 3 games falling in love with, and there are no endings that show how anything I did mattered. Can you start over, learn from your mistakes, and begin again? I'm hopeful to find out.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - There's like a 5% chance that I'll play this this year. It'll probably be on every GOTY list though, so why not mine?

• Right now, I'm predicting that Persona 5 is what I will vote for. (Unless RDR2 actually hits this year... then... maybe?)

• Zelda
    Mario Odyssey
    Persona 5
    South Park
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Resident Evil 7
    Yooka-Laylee

• @Sentinel-Beach It's all good! =-D Let me see if I can respond in order to help better understand (and it's awesome if you take it seriously, because I love these discussions!)

I have many more I'm excited for, but they don't have a release date (yet) so I didn't count them. Here are all of those, from most hyped to 'I can't wait.':

Final Fantasy VII: Remake
    Kingdom Hearts III
    The Last of Us Part II
    Uncharted: Lost Legacy
    Days Gone
    God of War
    CyberPunk 2077
    Death Stranding

You are correct in pulling my reference with Crash and FF, but giving ANY GOTY list with remasters is just weird to me. We already have those games. Unless it's a full scale remake (See above), I don't think something that came out already should have a nomination. So with all of those games listed, that leaves the three I put at the top.

I provided seven more games for two reasons: To fill the 10 that is asked in the title and those games, I feel are objectively going to be/already are great games, and even though I may not have interest in them, I can recognize their high quality, and I want all of them to succeed.

I hope that cleared up any confusion. Or who knows, I may have exacerbated it X-D

• MY top 10?

Gravity Rush 2
    Yakuza Zero
    Nioh
    Tales of Berseria
    Tokyo Xanadu ex+
    Nier Automata
    Persona 5
    Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception/Mask of Truth
    Ys 8
    Nights of Azure 2: The first game was my GoTY for 2016, the sequel seems to have improved on everything good about it
    Blue Reflection: Sailor Moon meets Persona? could be dream game material.

Persona 5 is probably the easy one to single out and it probably will be my favourite, but I'd rather give a shout to Utawarerumono, ambitious multi-game stories are rare and even moreso in SRPGs., for a long time it felt like we'd never have anything as ambitious as Shining Force 3 again but we're getting there again at last :D

• I dont know if i have 10 but we'll see

Nioh: havent finished yet but im really enjoying it
    Neir Automanta something really different
    Trails in the sky: The 3rd not really a 2017 game but it does release on North America this year
    Breath of the Wild: a Zelda game hasn't really lived up to expectation since Ocarina but im hoping this will.
    Persona 5 only games ive got preordered this year.
    Yooka Laylee: if this gets anywhere close as good as banjo tooie is gonna be great.
    Mario Odyssey: havent really enjoyed a mario game since 64 so i hope this gets to that level.

I can only think of 7 sadly.

• Probably Super Mario Odyssey. I still remember the feeling of playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time. Just amazed at how well they can blend innovative and classic game design to create something so simply grand.

Zelda would be a nice surprise. I'm with Damiani and think the best Zelda games are 2D Zelda games. My favorite takeaways from my favorite Zelda games are the tight dungeon and open world design. The move to open world is a natural evolution for the franchise. I just hope it's engaging.

Probably Yakuza 0 if I play it this year. I own all the other ones but only played and beat the 1st one. I have OCD to play franchises in order of release. So I may never get to it...

• Here's mine:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Having never loved a Zelda game since Ocarina of TIme this is make or break for the series for me, it's a huge diversion from the typical Zelda formula and seems like more SoulsBorne meets Skyrim, I really think it will resonate with me as long as it bottles that sense of wonder and exploration found in The Elder Scrolls games.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Thought Uncharted 2 and 3 were very overrated but absolutely adored Uncharted 4, a truly magnificent game and I can't wait to go back into that world again, a little worried there will be no imput from Druckmann the God but I'm still confident It'll be very good.

Read Dead Redemption 2 - Adored the first RDR, think this will be the same as long as open-world burnout doesn't hit by the time I get to play it later in the year.

Super Mario Odyssey - Not really liked many Mario games, never knew Nintendo existed until the N64 came out, and even with that I preferred Rare's games to Nintendo's output. With that being said I loved Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario Galaxy 2, this seems a return to the Galaxy style 'worlds' format, so I'm hoping the franchise resonates with me once again.

Nioh - Making my way through this at the moment and absolutely loving it, the combat is masterful and better than Souls in some ways, the gameplay loop is similar to those games and I adore the Feudal Japan aesthetic to everything, don't think many other games coming out this year are going to match this on combat expertise.

Mass Effect Andromeda - Loved Mass Effect 1 and 2. 3 left me a little cold and I have been a bit worried that this may turn out like Dragon Age Inquisition (which I hated) but I'm confident Bioware will deliver.

Yakuza 0 - I'm a long time fan of the series, but 0 is by far and away my favourite of them all. An incredible story, coupled with zany, genuinely hilarious side-quests and an absolutely ridiculous amount of depth with the hostess/real estate management.

Ni No Kuni 2 - Adored the first game, one of my top 10 games of all time so I expect this to be exactly the same.

Prey - Love other Immersive Sims like BioShock, also had tons of fun with Dishonored 2 last year which made me realise how great Arkane are as a studio and I'm sure they'll deliver on this.

Persona 5 - Found this series relatively late in the day with Persona 4 Golden on the Vita, wasn't sure whether I was going to like it at all before I picked it up but ended up absolutely adoring it, and P4G is one of my favourite games of all time, so my hype for P5 couldn't be higher.

• There's been a few people here calling it Read Dead Redemption 2. Is Rockstar releasing a game to help inner city youths learn to read using the power of the wild west?

• Here's what I'm envisaging it will be:

• Resident Evil VII
    • Nioh
    • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Yooka Laylee
    • South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    • Sea of Thieves
    • Cuphead
    • Vampyr
    • God of War (calling it for late this year!)
    • Red Dead Redemption 2

In all honesty, I'm not sure Super Mario Odyssey will come out this year. I think it'll get delayed. But it would certainly be in my prospective list otherwise.

• @SabotageTheTruth Yeah, it's like the House of the Dead typing game on Dreamcast.

• This post is deleted!

• I cant think of 10 so far but as far as im concern PREY looks like a best game of 2017 and will probably be my GOTY.

1. Persona 5
    2. Nier Automata
    3. Gravity Rush 2

Theses three games are guarantee to be my GOTY.

• @Danjin44 said in What are your Top 10 Potential nominees for GOTY for 2017:

1. Persona 5
    2. Nier Automata
    3. Gravity Rush 2

Theses three games are guarantee to be my GOTY.

persona 5 is yearly delay game and my friend danjin you have been excited to play it since 2014 GT days.

I really hope it release soon and you will enjoy it.

• is persona 5 still coming to ps3 too or just ps4?

• @FF7Cloud Still coming for PS3 as well, only regular edition though