Game of Thrones Discussion [Spoilers]

• Thoros, Benjen, and Viceron died.

• @tokeeffe9 gonna be honest, you should prob just buckle in. They are written into a corner and have six episodes left to try and tie it all up in some semblance off the same way GRRM told them he plans to wrap up based on two plus books that likely won't be complete for 10 more years. Lol

Just think of how many simultaneous plots, prophecies, promises, wars, invasions, etc that are left to resolve. Next season is going to be the Deus Ex Machina-est season of all!

• How stupid would it be to make a final season over a year later with only 6 episodes? Unless they're like BBC series-length that would feel like an utter whimper of a way to end Game of Thrones. I can't believe that's what they'll do. They'll probably delay it even further out, but they can't have a short final season.

• @Haru17 This season was shortened too.

• @TokyoSlim Lol, I noticed.

• @Haru17 Prepare for six more episodes. :)

• @Haru17

Benjen is unconfirmed tbf.

• @Hazz3r I think it was just rushed to conclude his character arc.

• @Haru17 Hordor is still alive as well, don't forget. He's still holding that door.

• All I can say is that if ppl kept dying at the rate they were before we would have no characters left. The only thing I didn't like is the horrible pacing of the episodes. This was an issue in other seasons at times too where I would think to myself if your so crunched for time to fit story in, why are you wasting so much if on pointless drawn out scenes.

As for where the story is headed. GRRM said that many ppl already predicted things such as the John and Daenerys romance and who Johns parents are. Saying that he wouldn't change it just because ppl predicted it because that's the story he wanted to tell. From what I've heard and maybe I'm wrong isn't there more ppl alive in his books then there are in the show? It sucks that he hasn't finished the books to go along with the show but I'm not sure the show would be much different then now. I fully expect that the creators had conversations with GRRM to fully grasp the direction of the story.

Lastly as for the show becoming predictable, it's been on long enough where things don't feel the same and we know how it works. the story is now focused on the end game snd unfortunately you can't be creating more story threads. Things need to come together now.

• It's here...

alt text

• Well that was a pretty good 1st episode.

• The episode was good per se, but pretty uneventful considering we only have six episodes this season. Basically we just checked where everyone were now. But sure, now that we've established that and laid some groundwork for the season hopefully things start moving in a brisk pace now. Jon finally reached his "endgame" on character level as he found out about his true heritage, that should get things moving. And Jaime returning to Winterfell after all that time and remembering and reacting to his S1 "push" felt nice.

• Well, we also got Dragon riding. That was pretty neat.

Speaking of which:

• Role play night at Gendry and Arya's house could be intense, since...like... she can steal other people's faces.

This is the last of the shorter episodes this season. Next week is the longest at 1 hour, 22 minutes.

• What's the point of spoiler tags if it's written in the preview for the topic
    I couldn't watch that Arya sex scene.

• @iboshow Nobody using spoiler tags this year yet. I'd say that if you know something from the book that hasn't happened in the show yet (which is getting less and less likely, now that the show is mostly past the books, I think) that's where you should employ spoiler tags, if you have to mention it.

• I'm glad my boy Ghost was represented even though he was tiny.
    Can't wait for some returning faces return as wights next week. Bran is going to Warg into Hodor 1 last time and snap the Night Kings neck.

• @iboshow said in Game of Thrones Discussion [Spoilers]:

I'm glad my boy Ghost was represented even though he was tiny.

He's almost as tall as Sam, he just has a teeny head. lol

• @tokyoslim and skinny