Game of Thrones Discussion [Spoilers]

• I liked the general direction of the episode but the writing is beyond bad. It just not there at all in many aspects.

• My pick for who will sit on the iron throne:
    Batman!!
    alt text

• I was pleased with the finale, I think it worked well. A suitable amount of surprise and "that makes sense" in the mix, mainly concerning the three biggest character destinies. Daenerys, Jon, Bran, in this case. Really liked the council scene, it's been a long time since those early days of the show.

Hopefully we'll get the books some day as well. Knowing the end doesn't bother me at this point as I seem to be at peace with its happenings, fairly okay with everything. But to get to walk the path again in a much wider and deeper style on GRRM's pages would be a bliss after such a long time. So many more side stories and characters making the world all the more interesting.

• I'm mostly happy it's over so that soon I won't have to hear people complain about how they would have done things differently in public.

The episode itself was fine. Edmure Tully and crazy moon door titty sucker kid made an appearance, so that was an additional bonus for me.

• Spoilers....

Thought it was crap, and in hindsight of the end, I thought the vast majority of the Season was crap. There was more emotion and poignancy in the finale of Blackadder Goes Forth. This has to be the biggest fall from grace in the history of TV.

• Everything felt rushed this season. Eight seasons and somehow nothing felt earned. The last 20 odd minutes of the episode felt too much like the final episode of a long running sitcom.

• Season 8 is great! Sure some improvements can be made here and there, but when I think about writer’s task for season 8 (wrap up story for dozens of characters with their individual plots, keep intrigue until the final episode, introduce new story lines to make season 8 an actual season instead of a giant epilogue, and do all that in just 6 episodes to stay in the budget) I must admit they did an amazing job. Also many forget that this is not a book, this is a TV show - a visual form of art. So if producers decided to make season a few episodes shorter and use those money to produce great action sequences, they made a correct choice.

If you aren't happy and want to ask someone of something, ask Martin to finish books 6 & 7. HBO isn't responsible for producing a piece of literature and it's not fair to demand it from them.

• @ffff0
    I’ve never read the books. I expected a Season on par with the rest of the show.

Season 8 doesn’t give anything remotely resembling substance, which the rest of the show, especially the early seasons, delivered in spades.

It continuously throws multiple seasons of build up in the bin in the interest of “getting to an ending”.

But that’s absolutely fine because we got to see the really cool dragons fly about and breathe fire!

Fuck that shit.

• @hazz3r Sure, Game of Thrones is all about getting what you deserve.

• @ffff0
    Who said anything about “deserving” anything?

I’m not entitled to anything on the show. It could have had the plot of a teletubbies episode.
    That doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion.

If you can’t respond to my points, please don’t put words in my mouth.