Game of Thrones Discussion [Spoilers]

• So um, that was quite climactic.

I knew things were bad when their small party got encircled, alone, in the far north. And they got out pretty leniently in terms of character deaths, but I really wasn't expecting them to get a dragon. That's cheating. Dragons are fire elementals and White Walkers are ice-aligned. We even saw the dragon explode into fire and exhibit a weakness to ice because it's its polar opposite. When they tried to review it it should have just burned up Skyrim-style! This is really quite unfair.

• @ib0show sigh. Good one...

• Easily the worst episode I remember of the show. So stupid, so pointless, so generic. Please don't leave this freaking zombie hack and slash be the finale of the whole series, there's literally nothing interesting about it. I want to see the final clash to be between these characters we've come to known throughout the series, not some CGI faceless bastards.

And the episode itself. 80 % of it went with Jon's party and it was boooring. And made no sense. Gendry running some marathon and the crow flying for a week or two and then Dany with her dragons and all the while our sorry bunch just stands on a tiny island scratching their balls or whatever. And the use of Benjen, I don't even. "There's no time." What??? Just hop on the horse, man! Now you died with your yo-yo in three seconds for no reason. Goddamn this was a stupid episode.

And Arya and Sansa, I honestly don't get what's going on between them. Arya's just being a dick all the time. I'm hoping that this is at least some plot of hers to get Littlefinger to let his guard down or something, but in any case these Winterfell scenes between the sisters have made no sense and frankly just irritate me.

Sorry for some language, but this was such a stupid episode to me. Really annoyed at the moment. There's been good episodes on this season and Jaime and Cersei for instance have had many neat scenes each, but this episode was now just full of all the things I don't like to see in the show done in the worst way possible.

• @Sentinel-Beach Yeah, I knew this episode would be bad since the whole plan was a nonsensical mess to begin with. You can really tell they are reverse engineering the scripts with a list of things they need/want to happen and forcing the characters to act in strange ways to serve the plot. The writers have really gone off the rails too in regards to how long it takes to travel in that world, which is what is really breaking things. If the plan had at least been halfway decent and went wrong for unforeseen reasons, I would have been less annoyed, but that episode was just downright bad.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in Game of Thrones Discussion [Spoilers]:

Easily the worst episode I remember of the show. So stupid, so pointless, so generic. Please don't leave this freaking zombie hack and slash be the finale of the whole series, there's literally nothing interesting about it. I want to see the final clash to be between these characters we've come to known throughout the series, not some CGI faceless bastards.

I mean, the entire series started with the White Walkers, I don't see how you thought it wouldn't end with them.

And the episode itself. 80 % of it went with Jon's party and it was boooring. And made no sense. Gendry running some marathon and the crow flying for a week or two and then Dany with her dragons and all the while our sorry bunch just stands on a tiny island scratching their balls or whatever.

4 days, someone did the math.

I don't see how others above are saying that people aren't being punished for dumb decisions though. Viserion died.

• I didn't like the last episode either, I think the show has definitely let go of that sobriety that made me enjoy it. Despite having fantasy elements, the world was credible. However, it's no longer the case in at least the past two seasons. The show is being rushed, the events seem to be there just because they need to advance the plot for the next major fight or battle; the plot is currently at a point that would never be possible if the writers kept it faithful to the source material and to the earlier seasons; and finally, the main characters seem like avatars for common tropes, the good guys cannot have irredeemable flaws and there's apparently no situation from which the main characters can't survive if there's some plot still left in them.

• Anyone else notice that when the white walker died, the chain ended up around his corpse in a spiral?
    Spirals, ya'll.

Screen cap which I don't think is a spoiler, but I'm gonna put it behind spoiler field anyways:

Spoiler

Jon's like, "wait... was this chain a spiral a minute ago? Who did this?"

• @TokyoSlim I'm looking forward to Gilly nonchalantly mentioning the secret to unraveling spirals the night before the battle that decides the fate of Westeros only for her to be ignored.

So, Tormund and Beric Dondarrion are both super dead from that, right? It took this long for the Night's Watch to finally fail. So like, is the same force that makes Jon the rightful ruler of Westeros the one that revives him, Beric, and protects Daenerys from fire? Wouldn't Jon also be protected from fire, and wouldn't someone, anyone have noticed that? Not that it matters now that the OP White Walkers have OP freaking blue fire from Ocarina of Time of all things. I wonder if it's cold like frost or hot like a laser.

• Even if Gilly solves the riddle of the spirals, jerkface SAM is just gonna take all the goddamn credit! You notice he said HE found the passage of annulment? I was like - bruh, why you gotta do that to Gilly?

• I mean yeah, but it's also better than what Jon did to his wildling girlfriend. One hell of a way to stand a girl up.

• @Haru17 Ygritte did get to shoot Jon in the back with 3 arrows tho.

• @TokyoSlim It's Jon though, she knew the arrows wouldn't kill him because his internal organs have plot armor / self-defibrillation capabilities.

In any case, it's a bummer that Tormund survived being beaten and dragged beneath the ice by the dead only to be frostburned / crushed by the crumbling ice boulders of the Wall a few weeks later. I can't see how they could have survived such a tall structure collapsing. It also sucks that the structure which the First Men, Children of the Forest, and giants erected never served its true purpose.

• This post is deleted!

• @Haru17

If you didn't see it, it didn't happen.

I can't tell if my spoiler tag is working right. :/

• @Sazime you just had to start a new line
    Andnowwewait

• A good finale. That final scene between Cersei and Jaime was the absolute highlight of it all for me, I'd say it was the best scene in the whole season. The twist that Cersei laid on the table and the way she delivered it. The look on Jaime's face and the reactions in general. The amount of history between these two and now we're here. Looooooved it! Then the sudden fear of Jaime actually dying right there right now, holy hell, I was on the edge of my seat all of a sudden.

Jaime's my favourite character in the series, easily. His arc in the books is also some of the best we've got. Cersei's excellent as well especially in moments like this when she shows that she's two steps ahead of everyone staying true to her character. Love the Lannister scenes and their interactions, that whole triangle with Tyrion as well, as we had all the possible scenes between the siblings in this episode. Those are the moments that make me care the most about the show.

• @Sentinel-Beach

But how did Cersei know to send Mr. Rowdy Inkling to Essos deceptively if she didn't know they were going to show her a wraith? That's one of the parts I'm confused about.

• @TokyoSlim Should spirals mean something? I don't get what you're trying to say. :/

• @Haru17 I think the plan was to send him to Essos all along, the fear of walkers was just improvising on behalf of Euron to give him a plausible reason to leave with the fleet.