Middle Earth: Shadow of War (PC/PS4/XB1)

• I mean look at the trailer. It looks so good. I am pumped. what do you guys think?.

Here is the Mythril Edition for anyone interested:

This is what it includes:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition with Exclusive Steelcase
    Premium Case with Magnetic Ring of Power
    Exclusive Mithril War Chest
    Official Game Music Soundtrack
    Limited Edition 12" Tar-Goroth Balrog vs. Carnan Drake Statue
    Cloth Map of Mordor
    Collection of Exclusive Lithographs
    Tribe Sticker Pack
    Collector's Box

The Gold Edition includes the standard game and various dlcs and story related content.

• I played the original for about an hour or so, but it was too easy so I didn't play or experience much of it. Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of Tolkien's legendarium, but that's mostly due to me being a hipster that hates anything mainstream and oversaturated.

If the sequel can improve on literally everything then I'll definitely check it out.

• @Art

Well I think the nemesis system was a welcome addition and it had flaws yes and most of the time worked really well and was innovative. I don't think you have to be a fan of Tolkien's work to enjoy the game. Its a good open world game. March 8th is the gameplay reveal so here's hoping there add variety to enemies. and have great characters which the Tolkien world has.

• I loved the Nemesis system, thought it was pretty brilliant. Had a ton of great moments with some of the orcs that just kept coming back again ("You thought I'd leave you alone?") until I beheaded them finally. I really hope they'll go even crazier with all that in this sequel, so that there'd be even more personal hatred between the player and the orcs.

Also, it'd be cool if there was more Tolkien lore this time around. Like in the first one there were brief mentions about the blue wizards etc., some things from Silmarillion and so on. Things like that gave a nice tone to that all, but I hope we'll get a bit more of that this time.

• Well... looking good doesn't mean that much anymore. Especially for the trailer. I got bored of the first game really quickly. That being said, I've been craving for a good LOTR game. So, please be good.

• I'm hoping for a greatly expanded Nemesis system and there to be an actual story this time.

The outlook is positive so far especially since they know what they have with the game now and are really leaning in on the crazy glorified fan fiction angle to it all.

• Who knows with (admittedly one of the best) cinematic trailers, but I like how they've dated the first gameplay for March 8th and the release date for August 22nd right from the start. That is by no measure too long of a marketing cycle and gives me two dates to put on my release calendar instantly.

I will say that I'm worried about it only being set in Mordor again. Minas Morgul and fellbeasts are great especially if we can have flying battles as well this time, but I really want to see the Anduin river. Mordor is almost without a doubt the least interesting part of Middle Earth. Unless they're contractually limited to the black land — Which would suck, Tolkein family! — I want to fight orc invasions to Minas Tirith, Lothlorien, and all of the land between. That would probably be too large of an open world to make in three years' time, but that's nonetheless the game I want.

• Well the trailer is cool but it is next to meaningless to me, I've heard good stuff and really bad stuff about the first so I won't expect too much out of this one.

As a Tolkien fan (not an extreme one though) I'm always hoping for good stuff related to Middle Earth, so hopefully it turns out good, but right now, I have nothing to be excited for.

• Bought the first one on a whim as im not a big LotR fan, and I enjoyed it not to mention I love the idea of the Nemesis system.

• Oh god for a second I thought they already announced another Mass Effect game...

• @Musou-Tensei Nah, EA has to wait and see if Andromeda flops or not.

• @Haru17 I think restricting it to Mordor makes it an easier game to develop: only one type of environment and just sprawling with enemies. Creating other locations may also mean creating more NPCs and cities and faithful architecture that's not only difficult, but changes the vibe. Even so, it would be awesome if they could pull it off. Maybe if they chose locations without citizenry it'd be more feasible? Maybe something like Moria or occupied Osgilliath would work?

• @Billy Thing is, I want this to be a Lord of the Rings action RPG. When was the last time we had one of those? Those city shots in the trailer — THAT'S what I want out of this.

• I loved Shadows of Mordor, don't care what anyone else says. The nemesis system was outstanding and made for lots of laughs on stream.

It also made me hope someone took that system and used it in another game, like batman for example, imagine a crime lord nemesis system!

• I'm sure this will be a fun game, but I'm really not into the Lord of the Rings lore, the world doesn't appeal to me, so I'll almost certainly skip that one.

• @ZyloWolfBane
    Last I heard WB Montreal is using the Nemesis system in their next Arkham game (Allegedly called Arkham Apocalypse) and that Rocksteady is using it in their next project (probably Superman)

Also its probably a safe bet WB has some patent on the Nemesis system , so its probably safe to assume that only WB made games will have it.

• Won't get it around launch. But its something I'll want to play at some point. As I loved the original. Although the nemesis system got tiring after nearly upgrading everything. Since the game was confined to two main areas. That weren't all that big.

Hopefully the sequel can spice things up more. Now that last gen console limitations won't affect design choices.

• @DMCMaster said in ME: Shadow of War. Get hyped. 2017 most probably will be the best year in video gaming history:

Last I heard WB Montreal is using the Nemesis system in their next Arkham game (Allegedly called Arkham Apocalypse) and that Rocksteady is using it in their next project (probably Superman)

Also its probably a safe bet WB has some patent on the Nemesis system , so its probably safe to assume that only WB made games will have it.

Promising to hear, I would LOVE rocksteady to use that system.

• Global Moderator

I bought the first game as I liked the idea of the combat and nemesis system. I played for about 20 hours, but hasn't finished it. Now it lies in my backlog to finish and stare back at me every time I look at my shelf.

• I am all for WB making the Nemesis system their "thing" for the games it fits well with. It added an extra level of personalisation to Shadow of Mordor. One deep enough to turn a bland action game into a rewarding experience.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.