Another Way To Support The Allies!

• Hey everyone!

Twitch just announced that they will be incorporating a way to buy the games you see being played on streams. The best part about this? If you buy through Twitch, the streamer gets a percentage of that revenue!

The sale of the game would go through Amazon. "Partnered streamers who opt-in to the program and play games from Twitch publishing partners will earn 5 percent of the revenue generated from their stream."

I hope the Allies consider this. If there's a game you're already going to buy and the Allies are streaming it, everyone wins by purchasing it through Twitch. Of course, I don't know if it's worth completely opting in on this, only the Allies know. I trust their judgement and if they choose not to, I completely back them and trust that it's for everyone's benefit.

http://kotaku.com/twitch-starts-selling-the-games-streamers-play-this-spr-1792781330

By the way, I do not work for Twitch or any company affiliated with this deal. I just thought it would be a great way for the Allies to be supported and for us to continue giving back to them.

Love & Respect,
    GranArcanum

• Global Moderator

@GranArcanum Hey thanks for this info!

Its a good way of getting some jolly games whilst supporting the allies! This may be something to look further into! is this all games that has been played or only games that "currently being played"? I mean if people look at their video library and feeling like "hey I would love to try this" this should be something they put in their description. Its like other affiliate links.

• @Lotias Yup!

I'm excited for the prospect of it helping the allies. If it does, I'll gladly use it as a way to purchase my games.

However, I trust the allies. I don't know what the "behind the doors" rules and regulations are behind this deal. If they see that it's more of a "we'll gladly pay you if people buy the game from your streams but it has to be a favorable stream" then I'm sure they won't go down this path.

I'm not sure if this is games that have been played or games currently being played. I don't think that this will apply to older titles as they are harder to purchase online. I think this may be more for games that are still able to be purchased through Amazon, like For Honor, Nioh, Final Fantasy XV, Breath of the Wild, etc.

Either way, I'm just excited there are more ways the Allies can get our support!

• "Current game makers signed up to have their stuff sold through Twitch include Ubisoft, Telltale Games, Digital Extremes, Hi Rez Studios, Double Fine Games, Fred Wood, 11Bit, Jackbox Games, tinyBuild, Raw Fury, Devolver Digital, Gambitious, Trion Worlds, Blue Mammoth Games, iNK Stories, Versus Evil, Proletariat, Paradox Interactive, Vlambeer and Campo Santo."

Sounds eclectic.

• gotta be honest this sounds kinda iffy, it's incentivizing people to play certain games over others

• @Sieghardt I didn't even think of that angle. Sounded like a win to me aside from obviously whether normal Amazon discounts you'd get would carry over to purchasing a game this way. There will definitely be streamers who abuse this and favor games that can be sold over others when they stream for more revenue though, but hopefully over time the list of supported games will grow vastly until that's not really an issue at all.

I honestly don't see the harm of turning this kind of thing on and trying it as long as there's no drawbacks for the streamer, long as no EZA members goes out of their way to play a game on the list they otherwise wouldn't have touched for the sole sake of possible revenue gain. I don't think anyone at EZA would even do this, so it's probably fine. For once Twitch, I sorta like this idea of yours. Reminds me of a finder's fee or recommendation without sending an annoying thing to your friends they don't want to see. Obviously anyone attending the stream will at least be mildly interested in the game, and even if they're not all they have to do is not click the button to buy the game.

And let's face it, even if we don't want this, Damiani will accidentally turn it on one day to troll without realizing he can't turn it off anymore and we'll be stuck with it in some form regardless.