PS3 Game Suggestions for a Non-Gamer

• Hey Everyone! I have an odd request for recommendations.

My very non-gaming girlfriend recently got a PS3 and asked me for game ideas.

I asked her what she likes and she didn't have any ideas, so I asked what she did NOT like.

She listed FPS and Skyrim/GTA style games. (The only two I really play...) The open-world stuff because there's no clear goal, and she doesn't have that desire to just wander around. Which I totally get.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

• My suggestions would be either one of the Uncharted games or try her with the ICO/SotC collection.

• How about Life Is Strange?

• hhhmmm, maybe have her try some of the TaleTell games, if she likes walking dead or fairly tales Wolf Among Us might be cool to her. Heavy Rain could also be fun since you cant really fail at it, failures just change the story. I guess I'm leaning towards more narrative games since I dont know what type of gameplay she enjoys.

• LittleBigPlanet would be a solid choice. My friend got his wife into games by starting with the first game, and they ended up playing through the entire series together.

• @MonsTruz
    Good call, haven't finished it yet but Ive been trying to get my GF to play this one as well

• Journey is pretty easy to appreciate.

• @Ringedwithtile
    And Flower too

• I'd also second Journey as well. I think the devs of that game also made Flower (never played but I heard it's pretty cool too)?

She says she doesn't like FPS games, but maybe she might dig third person instead? Last Of Us, Uncharted series, that might be a good starting point.

How about puzzle games, even if it's in a first person perspective?

• I'd suggest Rayman Legends/Origins. Its hard not to have fun playing those

• @Stormcrownn Well since she said she has no preference, see what interests has outside of games that there could hopefully translate well. For example, if she likes serious dramtic stuff: The Last of Us, Tomb Raider. If she likes adventure with some humor, you can't go wrong with Uncharted. If she likes to create things then Little Big Planet is a good choice. If she likes "cuddly" characters with wonton destruction, Ratchet & Clank is pretty good. If she's a Batman fan, the Arkham games are the best for that license. If she likes puzzles, Portal 2 is a great game. I don't know what to classify it as (because I have never played it) Journey I hear is a wonderful experience.

All games provided are from personal experience and highly rated Metacritic scores.

I hope this helps. Its always great to see more people try gaming! :smiley:

• Katamari Forever! I think the Katamari games are pretty universally appealing/bizarre so it's good place to start. Okami HD too; the platforming and battling are fun and easy to pick up.

• Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. They're marketing for an audience that don't need to be traditional gamers. Everything you need to do, gameplay wise, is on screen.

• @TheMarcV
    I think it's an incredible game. They really show how to do a modern adventure game.

• Costume Quest 1 - Charming, funny, simple mechanics, great at halloween.

alt text

Stacking - Lovely art style, you control the difficulty through the hint system.

alt text

Machinarium - Sweet little point and click adventure game.

alt text

• I agree with many of the posts here.

My girlfriend enjoyed Portal 2. FPSs require coordination of both sticks , but its slow enough that she could play it. Be sure to avoid games that have complicated control schemes or require lots of coordination if shes not a gamer. It also has a good coop mode where we figure out the solutions together.

Journey is great but may require her to allow herself to get immersed in the world....It also doesn't have a clear purpose.

Lego games, little big planet, rachet and clank would be good.

Maybe old school arcade stuff (N++, geometry wars)

• Journey and Costume Quest are really good suggestions.

How about some Ratchet & Clank HD Collection?
    alt text

• Final Fantasy X HD!

• did Brothers A Tale of Two sons come out on PS3? My girlfriend never plays games and was thrilled watching me play that, i think she may have even had a go.... also any of the Telltale games are great for non gamers.

• @x-Dredgen-Yor-x
    It did yes, was going to recommend it but haven't played through much of it so couldn't in good faith.