Xbox Game Pass

• alt text

MS is starting its suscription service, similar to EA Access. For $10 a month you can download to your Xbox One and play from a selection of Xbox One and Xbox 360 (BC) games. You also get a discount to purchasing games.

Confirmed publishers:
    Microsoft Studios,
    2K,
    505 Games,
    BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment,
    Capcom,
    Codemasters,
    Deep Silver,
    Focus Home Interactive,
    SEGA,
    SNK CORPORATION,
    THQ Nordic GmbH,
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Press release
    One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want. Every month new games will cycle into the subscription with some cycling out, giving you a constantly-updating library of games. Xbox Game Pass is your ticket to endless play.

Introducing Xbox Game Pass: Unlimited Access to More Than 100 Games

• Global Moderator

I wonder how new games will be on here, I mean they can't have "too new" cause then you'll stop buying new games and only go on the service, which prolly make them loose a lot of money. However, lets say they put on like +1 year or something its still enough to keep people interested and make the investment worth the money

• I imagine it will be a lot of older titles that publishers are seeing less of a return on thanks to second hand sales, etc. This is going to be a great way to sample games I missed out on the first time around much like PS Now but without the whole streaming thing.

• Much better list than EA Access. They ain't got shit.

• @Lotias EA does it a year later, I guess MS will follow their model at least with their titles.

• Good for them. It's s great idea in theory. Sounds more appealing then PS Now. Let's see if they make it worthwhile, stuff like this always sounds great when you first hear about it.

Wouldn't mind this being on PS4. It would actually benefit me a lot if I could play newer games I haven't tried. I miss the days of rentals. Your move Sony...

• Global Moderator

Realistically I don't think this service will interest most core gamers.

However it could for sure cause a serious dent in the likes of gamestop. I was just thinking when I was a kid and we'd rent a new game most weekends for the SNES.

If you're a parent and are able to pay for this, I could see it being very appealing. The only issue for microsoft is how the hell do you get someone like that to know about this.

• @tokeeffe9 Personally, I won't subscribe to the service because I already have most of the games in the service. Maybe I get a month when a game I want to play is included, after all, a month is enough to finish a game.

However, this is an incredible value for new users of the platform, it will make gaming more accesible for newcomers and help make digital services and games the predominant purchase option, helping everyone in the process.

• Huh, that could be a pretty cool idea. It really makes me wonder why PS Now doesn't give any sort of option to download the game. That was my main problem with the service - even hard-wired in, I'd sometimes experience connectivity issues due to where I live.

• Sounds like a great deal.

The fact there's a rotation for games, and that owners of the Pass get a discount on all the available games, immediately made me think of what Nintendo is going to offer on the Switch... If they did that for Virtual Console, now we'd have an appealing service!

• People are gonna have to start reevaluating their finances and hobbies:

• Netflix
    • Patreon
    • Adobe CC
    • PSN
    • XBL
    • the list goes on and on

I recently cancelled Netflix cause I find they don't carry enough old movies (at least in Canada). Had to lower my EZA support to afford Adobe CC.

Idk how people can do Apple Music, Netflix, XBL, XBL Game Pass, Amazon blah blah, etc etc

• @GoTaco Yeah, eventually a person can only have so many services. I was thinking about this too. Most of them are affordable, but it all adds up eventually.

• @GoTaco Eventually people will stop buying games. Subscriptions are more convinient. At least for not enthusiasts.

• @LordBaztion

I just find that paying, say, $10/mo for games may be entirely pointless if you aren't playing much. I'd much rather purchase a full price game and have it forever and play it when I have time as opposed to streaming and never owning the game.

I can go months at a time without playing anything so it would be much better for somebody like me to just outright buy a game and have it for when I can play it. I'll never have time to go through more than a game per month anyways.&

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.