My Impressions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

• The Pistols are actually more ammo efficient than the automatic rifles

• The revisionist history class that everyone seems to have taken on Drake's Fortune is pretty interesting to me.

It's definitely not as good as the games that followed it but it's still an enjoyable ride.

• Having never played an Uncharted game prior to picking up the Nathan Drake Collection, I played through Drake's Fortune fully aware that it was a product of its time and I should judge it as such. As a cover-based shooter from a time before developers perfected popping in and out of cover behind conveniently placed indestructible crates and collapsed pillars, it has aged surprisingly well.

• Can't wait for you to play the other games. UC1 is a product of its time and still good today but the other three games blow it away in every single respect.

• Global Moderator

@Faaip said in My Impressions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:

Nice review! I never got why so many people dislike the first Uncharted.. I think it totally holds up and is still a lot of fun to play.

That being said, you should still definitely move on to Uncharted 2.. its a fantastic game and there are some really major improvements between the two.

I traded in my PS4 collection to buy Uncharted 4 and now I kind of regret it because I want to go back and play them again!

Thank you! Yeah I guess I could always drop back when I have less things to do in order to clear the timed challenges etc! and I agree! the game still holds up really well! I plan on buying 4 after Ive finished these 3 games (if I still like them by then haha).

@unholyrevenger72 said in My Impressions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:

The Pistols are actually more ammo efficient than the automatic rifles

Yeah it was easy with poking out and just get some headshots! still need to get 30 kills with a lot of weapons

@Light said in My Impressions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:

It's definitely not as good as the games that followed it but it's still an enjoyable ride.

Interesting! what I've heard from other people (before 4 was released) is that the second game is the best in the series! (which seems to be with many games series).

@TheDrZoidberg said in My Impressions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:

Having never played an Uncharted game prior to picking up the Nathan Drake Collection, I played through Drake's Fortune fully aware that it was a product of its time and I should judge it as such. As a cover-based shooter from a time before developers perfected popping in and out of cover behind conveniently placed indestructible crates and collapsed pillars, it has aged surprisingly well.

Yeah! I think playing the remastered version kinda helped as well! I guess they have ironed out some of the creases that might have been in the original (yet sometimes the jump/roll animations doesnt fit fully, but they do look beautiful).

@ObbyDent said in My Impressions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:

Can't wait for you to play the other games. UC1 is a product of its time and still good today but the other three games blow it away in every single respect.

Thank you! Yes I really was positivily surprised by the game! I was worried before I started it that I would need to force myself through it in order to get to the good parts, but not at all! Will make threads once I have played through the other games as well.

• Really glad you enjoyed the first uncharted. I personally love all the uncharted games but there is just something special about the first one. Having read your impressions of the first game I think you will enjoy the rest of the series. The game's main driving force is your interest in the characters and what's going to happen to them next. If that wasn't enough to motivate you to continue to play I don't know if Id recommend the rest of the games.

• I don't think this applies to most games, but going for trophies in Uncharted 1 was what really made me love it.
    I owned and finished it months before trophy support was added but that made me play it again and actually appreciate it a lot more.

I want to recommend taking a break between games. If only to simulate the wait some of us would have gone through between games but also to judge Drake's Fortune on its own a bit more, before you play the sequels.
    Same goes for when you play 2, 3 and 4.

• Good impressions! I'm only at about chapter 11 myself, but really impressed with how well most of it holds up. Definitely a pistol user though :P

• Global Moderator

@kirkking2000 said in My Impressions of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune:

Good impressions! I'm only at about chapter 11 myself, but really impressed with how well most of it holds up. Definitely a pistol user though :P

Thank you! Yeah so was I! haha I did that just to get my headshots at start, but then kinda stoped using it! I think the game also keeps getting better the further in you get!

As @pphair said, I might take a little break before I jump into second as I got some IRL stuff to take care of! but might start with it next week if everything goes well

• Global Moderator

I also realised that my next part prolly should be posted under "Blogs" rather than general.. I think