There hasn't been a single review of a 2D game in 7 months.

• I didn't read every post in this thread, but c'mon, but I'd just like to chime in that I'm completely okay with ignoring most 2D games. There are functionally endless amounts of indie projects and low budget games if you look on PC, and not all of them deserve even a sideways glance. Furthermore, I personally don't care much for 2D games in the majority of cases and only would ever want the Allies to cover a select few.

Just thinking of the last year, Speedrunners, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Stardew Valley, and Inside come to mind.

GT/EZA streamed Speedrunners twice (basically the best way to consume that game short of three other friends with controllers on a PC arranged for local multiplayer) and Inside was covered on several podcasts as well as played to completion at least once on stream. Stardew Valley really doesn't seem like the kind of game that would be conducive to a stream or review, since it's so grindy and a review doesn't really serve anyone, because the people interested in that type of game are already on it and vice versa.

Finally, I would like a Necrodancer stream, but I'm not very bothered by its exclusion. There are a great many new, more ambitious 3D games coming out weekly that I also want to watch.

• I was very happy with the Steamworld Dig, Shovel Knight, and Snipperclips coverage this week, along with the Frame Trap discussion on the indie games at GDC. The EZA game shadow dropped tonight was also AMAZING. Can't wait to play it. More continued diversity would be awesome and hopefully one of these turns into an official review. :)

• Blood and Ben showcasing Fast Racing RMX and Blaster Master Zero respectively is fantastic. I will be definitely tuning into both, especially Blaster Master since I'm almost done with Zelda. Ben mentioned have review code as well so fingers crossed!

• It has now been 19 hours since the Allies last 2D games review.

• @TokyoSlim said in There hasn't been a single review of a 2D game in 7 months.:

It has now been 19 hours since the Allies last 2D games review.

Thanks for the heads up! Just checked and you're right! Will be watching the Fire Emblem Heroes review in a minute. Was interested in downloading it out but been busy with Ghost Trick. Hopefully, they can continue with this, and expand to new review coverage for independent developers (Fire Emblem love is always cool too).

• @zen lol make sure you watch the review before you download it.

• Don't Skip the 12hr Thursday stream, there may be an announcement about a new show you might find interesting. :)

• Just in case you missed the stream, they just announced a new series written by Ben, called Don't Skip (which I cheekily pre name dropped)

Don't skip is going to be a 5-7 minute non-scored impressions/review highlight show on smaller games, indies, and older/missed gems.

The first episode is on Shovel Knight . They should have it uploaded in a bit.

• @TokyoSlim said in There hasn't been a single review of a 2D game in 7 months.:

Just in case you missed the stream, they just announced a new series written by Ben, called Don't Skip (which I cheekily pre name dropped)

Don't skip is going to be a 5-7 minute non-scored impressions/review highlight show on smaller games, indies, and older/missed gems.

The first episode is on Shovel Knight. They should have it uploaded in a bit.

Correction, first episode is Hollow Knight

• Damn it. I've been watching a stream for 12 hours!
    Yep, Hollow Knight.
    Sorry about that. [/end corrections music]

• I do think the reality is that Easy Allies is still a business at the end of the day and frankly they need to cover the big releases in order to stay relevant in the "mainstream".
    As Blood has said, I'm happy with streams and chats about indie games, and frankly hearing an Ally talk on Frame Trap (e.g) about how good a game is (indie or not) has more often sold me on a game, than a straight up review. Reviews are normally used, by myself personally, to verify whether to purchase a game or not. The podcasts are where I discover new games (small and big) that I may be interested in.
    I used to listen to a different site's podcasts but stopped because all they started to talk about where mobile indie games, which for me personally is not what I wanted to hear for the whole duration of a podcast. Hearing the Allies' thoughts on the big releases is far more compelling than hearing someone talk about a game I can't relate to because I've neither heard of it nor played.

However this new series Don't Skip sounds very interesting and I'm eager to give it a go!

• @Pitcher-T said in There hasn't been a single review of a 2D game in 7 months.:

I do think the reality is that Easy Allies is still a business at the end of the day and frankly they need to cover the big releases in order to stay relevant in the "mainstream".
    As Blood has said, I'm happy with streams and chats about indie games, and frankly hearing an Ally talk on Frame Trap (e.g) about how good a game is (indie or not) has more often sold me on a game, than a straight up review. Reviews are normally used, by myself personally, to verify whether to purchase a game or not. The podcasts are where I discover new games (small and big) that I may be interested in.
    I used to listen to a different site's podcasts but stopped because all they started to talk about where mobile indie games, which for me personally is not what I wanted to hear for the whole duration of a podcast. Hearing the Allies' thoughts on the big releases is far more compelling than hearing someone talk about a game I can't relate to because I've neither heard of it nor played.

However this new series Don't Skip sounds very interesting and I'm eager to give it a go!

Don't Skip is exactly what I was looking for. EZA is legit the best. I upped my Patreon to the new $7 pledge for the movie podcast and Brad is covering Momodora this week. 8 hours of Xenoblade as well. What a damn good week. :)