Final Fantasy XV Battle System

• @FF7Cloud Yeah I can't really tell what its going to be. One of the screenshots looks like it would be the original battle system and another that looks very actiony FFXV. I would be happy with the original or some hybrid if its done well.

• @Art said in Final Fantasy XV Battle System:

Square is dead set on XV''s, Nier's, KH's and FFVII Re's live action combat so complaining about it is a bit of a futile effort.

I'll still bitch about it and hate it and demand they change it until they do like Capcom with Resident Evil.

• @Stephleref You want 1st person JRPGs?

• @Musou-Tensei said in Final Fantasy XV Battle System:

@Stephleref You want 1st person JRPGs?

Nah i want Final Fantasy to be Final Fantasy and not you know, shit like it has been for a while.

• @Stephleref And how does Capcom fit into that?

• My problem with FFXV battle system is not that it action RPG, its just its not good action RPG.
    I wish it would play like KHII FM, which u have to time your block perfectly. In FFXV when enemy is about attack u there is gaint bottom in middle screen that tells block and then perry and honestly thats just not satisfying. Also in FFXV never have to study your enemies moments or any weakness because as long as u have healing items and phoenix down u mostly power through any fights.

@Stephleref And how does Capcom fit into that?

Resident Evil 6 was nothing like RE in an attempt to be "modern" and catering to non fans and they fixed that with RE7. Turns out they are still one of the best when they stopped being retarded and catering to their fans again. Final Fantasy is and has been doing the same dumb shit of trying to be modern and catering to non fans of the series. I will shit on this series with everything i have until they fucking do. I will NEVER accept this fucking bullshit.

• @Stephleref But mainline RE was never 1st person in the past, and I personally don't want 1st person to be the future of it. I really hope they don't mess up RE2make, it should be what REmake was to RE1.

• @Tragosaurus @Stephleref @FF7Cloud

This was a few days ago now.

FF7 battle system update

Take the update how you want. But I don't imagine it being a hybrid at all. As for the all the stuff you see in the interface, that's all just graphics put over the screen. It's going to be total bate and switch. He even said it was a placeholder. I know he doesn't mention the ATB specifically in that statement but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. I'm sure he started with trying to do hybrid then went full action.

Makes me a bit sad, because I wonder how all that materia and summons is going to be intergrated into an action combat game. I was hoping for a hybrid. Even though I doubt it, it could still be that way. Who knows.

@Musou-Tensei did you play resident evil 7 and not like it?

I understand wanting the old style. REmake shows that it works. But I'm happy with 7 too. I thought it felt very much like original resident evil and I'm sure that's what @Stephleref is implying.

• Hey guys can we not talk about RE6? It really rustles my jimmies.

Seriously though. RE5 is one of my favorite REs (and probably one of my favorite games in general) and I still can't figure out what possessed Capcom to fuck up 6 THAT BADLY.

Even when you look at it in a vacuum and ignore that it is an RE game, there are just sooo many bad choices in that pile of dogshit.

On the topic of XV, I didn't really mind the combat. Then again, I really liked XIII.

Fight me.

@Stephleref But mainline RE was never 1st person in the past, and I personally don't want 1st person to be the future of it. I really hope they don't mess up RE2make, it should be what REmake was to RE1.

It's not about the 1st person perspective but the mind set of those changes that is similar to RE. RE7 may be 1st person but it's totally Resident Evil. I'm not asking for much, just do what they're doing with World of Final Fantasy or I am Setsuna at the AAA level.

Final Fantasy used to be so good that people would debate about getting a Sony system just to play the latest FF game kinda like people are doing now with Zelda and the Switch. Now even the people who like FF pretty much agree that Persona and Nier: Automata (and Ni No Kuni and etc...) is more exciting.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Final Fantasy XV Battle System:

On the topic of XV, I didn't really mind the combat. Then again, I really liked XIII.
    Fight me.

I got your back!