Persona 5 (PS4/PS3)

• It is March 5th and we are officially less than one month away from Persona 5's western release.

The wait of more than 6 years is almost done, and it's been almost 10 months since we knew the game was a reality, and one of the best trailers ever rekindled the hype.

It's also been almost half a year since the game was released in Japan, that is almost half a year of avoiding spoilers as much as possible, which is personally difficult as someone that tries to be as up to date with everything related to the series.

I know many others are really looking forward to the release, for myself P5 has been the one thing I've been looking forward to since 2014, since the first teasers were shown and my mind just went wild with expectations, so for me the release won't only be payoff for all the patience, but a release from an seemingly endless hype train ride.

There hasn't been a lot of new info released recently, but any info from Atlus is uploaded within an hour to Persona Central, so it is the source I'm personally using for any updates, since it is almost entirely spoiler free.

So let your thoughts be known allies, and let us share this hype train for the short time that remains.

• Can't wait. So far i've been able to avoid all spoilers.

• my only currently pre ordered game

• So pumped, haven't been this psyched for a game in a long time, good shot at GOT

• @ACardAttack

This and Nier I have preordered. I have the steelbook edition preordered. I am trying to not look at any story or trailers because I want the exprience to be fresh.

Definately going to be contendor for GOTY

• Finally, the game is almost here and my long battle of avoiding spoilers soon will end.

alt text

• GOTY~!

The best RPG ever, past, present and future! Only one month, one month!

i just can't wait!

• This post is deleted!

• My body is ready.

I've taken 3 days off of work for the release. I've pre-ordered the collector's edition. I know very little about the game, to the point where I only know the cat's name. Let's do this!... in a month.

• @SabotageTheTruth wow that's really being on media blackout, I couldn't contain myself so I won't be able to go in as blind.

I myself took seven days off work, chances are I'll want to play the game right away a second time, and I don't wanna risk at all the possibility of having something interrupt me before finishing the game, let alone work.

• @bard91 Not having a Twitter seems to really help. Plus, I don't really frequent gaming news sites often and all the channels I subscribe to on YT are fairly considerate when it comes to spoilers.

Jealous about taking a whole week off though! I wanted to do the same but someone else from department beat me to the punch as they're going out of town during that week and there's only 3 of us here as it is. Still, I should have enough time to soak in a bunch of the game, I'm hoping.

• @SabotageTheTruth the one possible spoiler I may have seen was from twitter, thanks some funny guy, but I barely use twitter myself, and I myself have been very selective on who to follow, and I've actually had to use a chrome extension to block videos with Persona in the title in youtube, since I kept getting P5 videos from the JP version on my feed.

In any case the potential spoiler that I saw was something that can sort of be guessed based on the marketing of the game, so I don't think it was too bad.

• Hopefully this thread stays safe. Only time will tell.

• This is the game I've been most excited for the past couple of years. I'll gladly shill for it and buy the DLC costumes.

• a new english trailer, and a new character trailer, I'm not watching these, but for anyone that's interested. I'm not embedding the videos to avoid any additional info for those that don't want it.

An interesting question related to these, what will everyone be playing the game on first, english or japanese? I've had a big internal debate about this, and I believe that I've settled for english.

• @bard91 My first playthrough will be in English. While I'm not too thrilled with some of the voice acting I've heard for this game, I'm giving it a chance to win me over. I believe P3 and P4 had great English Dubs so I have high standards that P5 needs to meet. But hey, the Japanese audio will still be there.

• First impressions are out, this one is from Kotaku (same reviewer)

In the wake of Breath of the Wild turning out to be one of the greatest video games ever made, I have some bad news for your time and wallet: Persona 5 might be up there, too.

• @DizBomber completely agreed while not 100% on the english voices, I'm giving it a chance

• @bard91 said in Persona 5 - (PS4/PS3):

First impressions are out, this one is from Kotaku

In the wake of Breath of the Wild turning out to be one of the greatest video games ever made, I have some bad news for your time and wallet: Persona 5 might be up there, too.

Ugh. Getting tired of all these amazing games already.

• @TokyoSlim I feel you! Is it too much to ask to have at least one bad game we don't have to buy this year?

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.