Persona 5 (PS4/PS3)

• Bad luck = fighting a mini boss to the point of it almost being dead, having it brainwash a character, and that character proceeding to heal said boss 3,500 HP using Diarahan.

• @SabotageTheTruth completely your fault, you should have switched out the Diarahan characters.

jk happened to me as well, still not as bad as having the protag rage against physical repel enemies

• @bard91 I'll die before I switch Makoto out!

• I'll die before I switch Makoto out!

• @TokyoSlim What I missed was the original comment. Judging by the snarky response I'm guessing what I originally responded to (somewhat sincerely) was also you giving sass.

All I wanted was some hope that you got to see the other confidants in cool thieves outfits at some point. Which of course doesn't happen but a girl can dream.

• @GalacticSugarPunk said in Persona 5 - (PS4/PS3):

outfits

Well you get

Maid costume Kawakami.

• @TokyoSlim Ha, that's a fair point!

In other news, just got this in:
    Super Pumped!

• @GalacticSugarPunk ohhh whered you get that

• @FF7Cloud I imported it through Amazon. It was, like, $50-60 including shipping I think? Which honestly I thought was a pretty fair price for three CDs full of music + a nice case and liner notes/lyrics. The notes are in moon speak of course, but the lyrics are English and there's some character art through the whole thing as well.

All in all it turned out to be a pretty good purchase despite it being a post-2am impulse buy...

• @GalacticSugarPunk Not a bad find. I'm still bummed that the soundtrack that came with the Take Your Heart edition had such a short listing but I can't remember the last time I listened to a CD as it is.

I'm dying for this but I don't have a spare $100 to throw at it.

• nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im in the 7th palace

Spoiler
    i defeated the Ooe sub boss and was on my way to the pool area i was in the place where you turn into mice i was about half way through when i got a giant jack frost as a enemy and he got 4 straight extra turns cause he kept crit ing me and now i have to do 45 mins worth of stuff over again

• @FF7Cloud Yeaaah. Similar situation happened for me, just with a different enemy. That palace is a little rough just because of the sheer distance between safe rooms. I'm nearing the end of it luckily. What has been helping was I fused Trumpeter to get the skill Debilitate - which I believe is the lowest level Persona to get that skill. Even a few of the normal enemies (like the one you mentioned) become chumps with it and it's great for bosses, been waiting the whole game to finally get it.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm debating whether to get that Vinyl or not.

On the one hand I don't have a player, it would take space and now a days I just listen to music from my computer anyways, on the other hand vinyls are undeniably cool, I can afford it and it wouldn't be the first useless purchase I've made for the game either.

Being a fiscally responsible adult and a nerd is not easy :(.

• @bard91 Not to sound like the ultimate hipster, but vinyl is the best way to listen to music. There's something just so pleasant about spinning a record as well as having to flip it over, makes you much more engaged in the listening experience. Plus, a record player belting out those sultry Persona 5 jams? Woof, too good.

• @SabotageTheTruth i have to agree im a bit of a collector of records and think they sound best with the crackle of a older player.

this is a fav of mine XD

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155917028714918&set=a.10154198612204918.1073741826.738014917&type=3

Cant embed from facebook?

never gonna give you up

• @SabotageTheTruth Wow! I don't own a record player or have any personal attachment to vinyl, but I'm still pretty surprised that there's going to be a whole official vinyl release. I would be curious to hear the alternate master though, as some of the choices made for the CD release I'm not super in love with (though I wouldn't say I hate it or anything).

I totally get the appeal of sitting down and just listening to music though! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who does this anymore. Almost everyone else I know (even musicians) have to be doing something else while music is playing. It's like, are you really getting anything from that album you claim to be listening to if you're reading a book the whole way through it? Ugh! Sorry for the mini rant. This stuff bugs me though >_>

• @GalacticSugarPunk I'm an advocate for laying down and experiencing an album, or late night walks in a park while listening to something. I know a lot of people view music as a background activity but those people are clearly wrong.

Everyone. I've secured the route to the treasure in the 7th palace.

Ugh. I'm admittedly pretty torn up. I really love Akechi, despite him being a psychotic, he really had a past that makes you sympathize with him. After the long string of battles, it really seemed like he might join back up, but instead he went the martyr route. So that now makes two Persona games where one of my favorite characters dies, damn.

Since the end is near, I feel like I'll hop back into Yakuza 0 and alternate with trying to platinum Persona 5 after those end credits hit.

• @SabotageTheTruth I dunno...

I felt like Akechi's character arc suffered from being too little too late. I also was pretty against his character from the very beginning. The big story moments he was involved in were some of my favorites though. The whole school festival event honestly had me on the edge of my seat and verbally freaking out~

Starting my second playthrough tonight to go for the platinum. I literally have only even attempted/gotten a platinum once (for Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero), they usually don't interest me at all. This game though... I just haven't had enough

• @GalacticSugarPunk P5 is also the first game I platinum, other that the two Zero Escape games on Vita, and those don't really count since the platinum is essentially beating the games.

I'm near the end of the ng+ and I'm still having a blast with it, even though I'm just blazing through the palaces in safe mode

• @GalacticSugarPunk

It's true that his reveal happens late, but in comparison to other antagonists in the series, I actually understand most of his motivation. Having this complex where you're just never good enough is strangely relatable. Plus, just seeing him lose it and come so close to redemption was great. Loki hype.

I only hold a platinum for the most distinguished of games. Final Fantasy 7, Rocket League, and Jazzpunk. Those last two are absolutely distinguished. Yep. Looking forward to adding this masterpiece to that short list.