Persona 5 (PS4/PS3)

• i'M SO PUMPED! I'm not as strong as those on media black out, I kept up with all the updates and watched a couple of hours Japanese gameplay. I know a couple major plot points, but I don't know the whole story.

• I'll be spending a lot of money on DLC (costumes) it seems, sucks that it won't be available all at once.

http://personacentral.com/first-persona-5-english-dlc-schedule-released/

• @bard91 Eh.... I'm kinda disappointed that those costume packs are gonna each be 7$
    I hope there will be a discounted pack.

I love how the swimsuit one is free...

• @bard91 said in Persona 5 - (PS4/PS3):

First impressions are out, this one is from Kotaku (same reviewer)

In the wake of Breath of the Wild turning out to be one of the greatest video games ever made, I have some bad news for your time and wallet: Persona 5 might be up there, too.

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-video-previews/

Good thing I have no interest in the Switch or BotW then. Will be nice to play a solid JRPG again.

• This is my 2017 goty but I think it'll be a hard fight with how botw and now nier are reviewing. everyone that owns a ps4 and ps3 needs to get this game even if you haven't played the previous persona games. it'll have a awesome story and top tier soundtrack confirmed. Been waiting for this one ever since the p5 reveal.

• Im curious if anyone can confirm are these just cosmetics or do they also come with soundtrack or have a gameplay element to them.

Also will this game have option for 4k on pro?

• @MSBi I beliebe some of them come wirh soundtracks, and to my knowledge there's no PS Pro enhancements

• So first review is out, and to be fair it is from PS magazine UK, it is good.

Are you sitting down? Deep breath. This is it. This is the JRPG, in every possible way. There’s effortless charm, thrilling turn-based combat and a core conceit that perfected in this latest series entry makes for an always engaging adventure that redefines the genre for the modern era. It’s a game of relentless,
    uncompromising quality. And in everything it does, it goes a step further. It does it in style. It’s Persona 5’s little flourishes, its calling cards, that inspire goose pimples at every turn. The pop and wiggle of the monochromatic menu options, flashing into new formations at every button press. Loading screens sneakily disguised by the sweep of a black cape or the bustle of Tokyo. Subplots unfolding in street chatter.

• @bard91

3 weeks to go. My body is ready!

• man i can't contain myself right now i'm almost finishing persona 3 and persona 4 weating me in my ps3 and the hype is real for persona 5 and that talking of persona 5 in framtrap (the psx extraveganza) make me more hype for the game

• @valhallaboy you're really gonna have to rush through P4 to make it in time :)

• My god, Persona 5 is almost here!!! its unreal!!!

• PERSONA FIVE, GUYS!!!

I'm so hyped. I got the PS4 theme they just released and it's soooo good! That music!

• I also came here to say the free theme on PS4 is absolutely stunning. I've seriously been just listening to the music on loop for awhile. I've been decent at keeping myself calm up until right now.

PERSONA 5 IS ALMOST HERE AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

• Okay, so real talk: what makes the Persona series so good, and why is P5 looking incredible? I'm not trolling, but genuinely I want to know. I don't play JRPGs anymore - I went on a JRPG binge where I played pretty much nothing except JRPGs for three or four years straight, but then I dropped the genre hard. I completed my first JRPG in a decade, Dragon Quest 8, a few months ago. I'm sort of in the mood to try and get back into some though, and the Persona 5 hype has me interested for sure, but on a surface level it doesn't seem that interesting. I legitimately don't know. What makes Persona so good?

• @Galaxy40k Well first off, it's pretty gorgeous looking. The character designs appeal to me, but I am an anime fan. The menus are amazing as well, the design and the way you go from one menu to another is super slick and gorgeous.
    The music is great too, just a lot of fun to listen to.
    As for gameplay, well for me I love JRPGS, but Persona manages to seperate itself from other games in the genre. It's set in a modern world, and while it has pretty traditional turn based fighting, it also has bits taken from a dating sim even. It's just as important to spend time with your friends, as it is going through a dungeon.

It's just unique.

• @Galaxy40k There are multiple reasons why Persona 3 and 4 are my two favorite games, and for which I think they are special, and for which I'm expecting to also love P5.

The setting and scenarios are pretty unique and very well done.

Great characters presented amazingly, with whom you are able to relate and that really make you care for them.

They present serious topics about problems in society and how people handle them, this makes the game very intersting beyond the main story.

A conventional but well executed combat system (although the original version of P3 suffered of not having control of the party, which was honestly a pain).

They cover a wide range of emotions throughout the game, ranging from very serious to pure joy, this made me really care a lot more about the characters.

An undeniable and palpable sense of style in the games , I can still remember when so many years ago I first played P3 and I was astounded by the intro, and then again when I started going around Iwatodai and the J-Pop tunes completely caught me off guard, and I found myself completely entranced and nodding to the music (also worth noting that this happened during my teenage years when I was most into the black metal persona, so it was particularly unexpected for me to get into it).

Those are some summed up reasons why I love P3 and P4 (I like P2 but not as much, and I honestly don't think Persona Revelations is a good game).

And the other fact for which I am very excited is the history and progress of the series, I've played all of the games since P3 release (P3, P3 FES, P4, P4 Golden, P3P) and with the obivous exception of P3P all of this new iterations make significant improvements in the games, and just keep perfecting everything about these games, given that track record I'm expecting P5 to have built even more upon from where P4 Golden left off, and to me that would definitively result in the greatest game there is (given that to me that is P4).

• @bard91 After I beat the final boss of P4G (I'm super stuck and honestly don't know if I can win) I'm going to start a thread about the game... Can't wait to talk some things over with you all.

• Persona 5 is GOTY this year only if Red dead Redemption 2 releases then we would have competition. I don't mind either of those two winning GOTY tbh.

• @JoleeHonso Let's be honest, any games from before E3 will be a very very difficult sell for GOTY. The recency bias is real for end of the year awards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will win the majority of awards if it comes out in the holiday. Unless it really messes up by focusing too much on co-op/online stuff and ignoring singleplayer.

I haven't played any Persona, but I look forward to grabbing the game on release day to see what the hell everyone is hyped for. :)