Persona 5 (PS4/PS3)

• @hazz3r It's very tempting, but the "112 hours" part that scares me though :)

Still hoping for a Switch version down the line, that would help assuage my fears.

• It's a long ass game, not much has changed. I feel like I'm taking an extra long time on this playthrough too. I think I'm at 90h and I just hit November.

Still having fun tho. If you count Vanilla, this is my 3rd playthrough.

• Been think on playing this game since forever but I can't pull the trigger.

• One of my favourite laugh out loud moments that was touched on in EZAs spoiler mode but I don't think they noticed.

When Yusuke rearranges Futaba's action figures, they're in the Ginyu Force poses. One of my favourite references of all time.

• Can someone with P5R do me a quick solid and see if changing your system language to Japanese will change the language of the game itself (EN --> JP)? This is surprisingly hard to google and can only find answers about the opposite (JP --> EN).

• @naltmank do you mean the audio language? Because that is configurable from the in game settings. I didn't change the system settings but the English version of the game doesn't have any other language for the game itself, afaik for Atlus games the system straight up recognizes the Jp and En versions as different items, I don't have both versions for Royal, but that is the case for the original one at least.

• @bard91 Nah, I meant written language, but that's what I figured. Mega bummer, but oh well.

• Imported a copy of Royal a little while back and have been playing a bit. Just got An to join the party. Despite my gripes with Persona 4, I found it immediately endearing and this game is no different. Loving the cast and the vibes so far. Really great characterizations. I am a bit skeeved out by the sexualization of An in her phantom thief outfit (especially given the circumstances), but I'm just rolling with it. They at least gave it a little lip service in her Persona introduction. The interrogations are a bit tougher than I was expecting, but I think they're a cool mechanic. I still don't 100% understand the Alert Level system, but I figure that'll become clearer at some point over the next... checks how long to beat.... oh good god.

• @naltmank the Alert system is honestly pretty throwaway, I've never seen it be much of an issue, maybe a balance thing but it is just too easy to take it back down and not be concerned with it.

• Question: A little over 21 hrs in and am trudging through the second palace. Out of curiosity, I decided to check a guide to see how I was doing in terms of planning. It turns out my confidants are much lower level than what is possible at this point in the game, and there are already several confidants I could have met that I'm still missing. This was pretty surprising to me, since I feel like I've been doing pretty well in terms of managing things so far. I'm not interested in maxing everything out, since I think that would ruin my RP of the game, but is this going to be like P4 where I need a guide to get to the true ending of the game at some point? If so, is the point where I'll need to start looking things up clearly marked like it was in P4?

• @naltmank

I don’t think you’ll need a guide but just do all of Mementos. I actually enjoyed it but I respect the opinion of people who don’t like Mementos.

Either way, you gotta finish it to get the true ending.

• @naltmank in Royal, yeah... you need to have a condition met to even unlock the last 1/3 of the game... and certain other conditions met in order to get the "true" (I guess best) ending.

It's a pretty short list, but it's in-game time sensitive, so if you really want to be sure to hit it, it's spoiler tagged below:

Reach Councillor Arcana (Doctor Maruki) Rank 9 before 18th November to unlock 3rd semester

Reach Faith Arcana (Kasumi Yoshizawa) Rank 5 before 18th December
    Reach Justice Arcana (Goro Akechi) Rank 8 before 24th November
    Refuse all offers presented by the big bad boss