Bioshock The Collection announced!

• Would you kindly give this to me now!?

• @Ellis
    Bioshock 1 is definitely my favourite in the series. Bioshock 2 is not bad, but it did not live up to the stardard set by the original.

@DMCMaster
    Sooo looking forward to that!

• I'm excited (even though I have them all..)

I think it'll be worth it for the add-on content though.. and I've only played 2 the one time so I'd like to try that again

• I looooooooove Bioshock. Plus I'm a sucker for HD collections, especially since it means I had get rid of my older games and clear up a couple extra spots on my shelf. Definitely getting this.

• @Fridge-man
    Always love commentary from the devs, will have to ask Ken if he brings this up
    Skip to 1:20
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD3-ZnzZK_8
    Ive asked him (along with a few others) about it on Facebook, and I don't recall him ever giving a clear answer. Most I can make of it is that Infinite originally ended with a nod to System Shock

• I dunno if I should get this cause I already own them all on PC... Hmmm

• Worst kept secret in gaming, and I am glad it is finally announced!

• I was actually getting ready to play these through steam, but now I know to just wait it out for this! "Would you kindly" has been ruined for me, so that's a little sad, but I still can't wait to get more context around that, and Infinite always looked pretty cool to me.

I don't even know if I'll have time for this in September, this fall is so stacked.

• I'm hoping the commentary is much like the commentary track in Portal. I'm sure not many people would replay a game to listen to a commentary track, but it was one of my favorite things. Also, I love Ken Levine so I'm looking forward to hearing his thoughts about the franchise now that he's further away from it and has nothing to do with it anymore.

• Global Moderator

I'd be seriously tempted by this. I know I appear to be in the minority now but I really like Infinite, probably more than the original.

• @tokeeffe9 We're definitely a minority but we're right, don't worry.

• I thought Infinite was fairly well loved. I know I did.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Bioshock The Collection announced!:

@tokeeffe9 We're definitely a minority but we're right, don't worry.

alt text

• @Ellis I thought they chose to shut down and create a smaller studio, not that they went under.

Granted my knowledge of behind the scenes studio stuff is limited.

My fiance will be excited, he can now replay these and he's getting Skyrim remastered. And theoretically the Arkham games again, if they give a new release date.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Bioshock The Collection announced!:

I'd be seriously tempted by this. I know I appear to be in the minority now but I really like Infinite, probably more than the original.

Oh, the first Bioshock is fantastic, but Infinite is way better than the original. You're good.

Now if you said Bioshock 2 was your favorite, that'd be a different story.

• Global Moderator

This is interesting to hear.

Just from what I've seen, Infinite was very much loved initially, for the week or 2 after launch and then after a month and onwards I began to see a lot of hate thrown it's way so I assumed that'd be the same here. Cool to hear otherwise :)

Also, Minerva's Den is pretty awesome too. The Bioshock series has had some good DLC.

• Maybe it was the time in my life when I played them, but I actually preferred Bioshock 2 to 1. While 1 had the clearly better story, the mechanics in 2 were really well defined. I loved setting traps up during the harvesting sections and being able to have a gun and a plasmid in the other were great. Parts of BIoshock (for me at that time) felt like a slog because the mechanics weren't all there.

I should say I didn't play Bioshock right when it came out, more like 2-3 years later so that probably plays into that as well.

• @tokeeffe9 Yeah I think there was a lot of hype surrounding it when it came out and a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon.. and then jumped right off haha.

Personally I think its a really good game and really fun to play but not the masterpiece a lot of people said it was (and imo not as good as the first 2). I played it I think 3 times, and I'm looking forward to playing all 3 again.

• @Dymlos2003 If you already own them you can upgrade to the remastered versions for free.

• @Inustar said in Bioshock The Collection announced!:

@Ellis I thought they chose to shut down and create a smaller studio, not that they went under.

Granted my knowledge of behind the scenes studio stuff is limited.

This is pretty much the case. Ken Levine wanted a smaller studio. He said something about not liking the pressure of making a big studio title and wanted to do something with less restrictions. So I'm curious what he'll have planned in the future.

He even said he had nothing to do with the remastered collection other than doing some interviews and commentary. The franchise is all in the hands of Take-Two now I suppose.