Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC/PS4/XB1)

• Banned

Good to see they're still working on fixing things here and there.

Might decide to jump back in eventually if they release a DLC instead of updating their multiplayer tps for an RPG of all things.

• I sorta wish (selfishly) that they would drastically reduce the price out of some form of goodwill or whatever

I love Mass Effect - probably more than I should - and despite the apparently shitshow I want to still take the plunge on Andromeda, but I just can't justify spending $40-60 on it (it's still $60 on Origin!)

• ^ This is what happened with me and The Order: 1886. Awful game for full price, but I got it for $10 like 6 months later. Best purchase of my life. Seriously.

• @WarpDogsVG http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mass-effect-andromeda-windows/5705668.p?skuId=5705668

Its been going on sale all the time. So if you want it for cheaper just keep an eye out. Its 39.99 on pc right now, which is just the same as buying it on origin.

• I actually enjoyed Andromeda quite a bit and am satisfied with my full-priced purchase. That being said, if you want it for less, the PS4 and Xbox One versions are $20 brand-new at GameStop right now. Not PC though... that's still $40.

I'm disappointed that there won't be any story DLC, but oh well... I have plenty of games to enjoy, so I shouldn't complain.

• Anthem has been in development for five years. Knowing that Andromeda's DLC is most likely cancelled, this makes me angry.
    gamingbolt.com/biowares-anthem-has-been-in-development-for-five-years

• @jifw52 While I don't disagree that money from Anthem could have gone to Andromeda, they did have different teams working on them, and they never promised DLC.
    Bioware made the correct choice working on Anthem for that long. They need to work on new IPs.
    I honestly don't know if they, or EA perhaps, would have even put that money into Andromeda anyway.

• Okay, seeing as this made it's way to this community's top 25 games of last year, I'm willing to believe again.
    To the people who have played it: if you can look past the bad faces and animations, does it still have the "Mass effect feel" from previous titles? What's good? What's bad (except animations/faces)?

• @Fridge-man The animations and glitches never bothered me. I personally found the game boring and no it didn't feel like Mass Effect.

I like open world games but very few if any do it well. If your vast open universe only exists for me to fetch items, follow a trail, travel vast distances to start a new quest, find random loot then it's just filler. The story and characters in my opinion also weren't interesting. They tried for something that didn't quite reach it's potential, it didn't help that they had to match the trilogy standards and find a way to innovate. I hate the wasted potential for them being in a new galaxy. The characters, the situation, the aliens... I thought it was all poorly done. I hope they straight up reboot the next game and start from scratch with a whole new direction. ME deserves better.

• @fridge-man said in Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC/PS4/XB1):

To the people who have played it: if you can look past the bad faces and animations, does it still have the "Mass effect feel" from previous titles? What's good? What's bad (except animations/faces)?

The good: Combat is really solid, probably the best it has ever been.
    The bad: Bland characters, bland story, bland writing and a bunch of busywork.
    Overall: An average game. The weakest ME game, but by no means terrible. Perfectly fine if you just want to travel around in space, shoot aliens and drive around on alien planets.

• Banned

@suplextrain The combat really in superb in Andromeda. You can do some near character action level stuff with this games combat.

• You know i can see all the potential in the game, and that makes me more sad, than if this game was just bad to begin with.

• @the_andredal Could you imagine the sequel? Like the jump from ME 1 to ME 2? Its just makes me so sad to think of this

• Banned

@edsortiz NOPE
    TOO MUCH CRITICISM AND NOT ENOUGH SALES
    SHUT IT DOWN
    WE'RE EA, NOT UBISOFT. WE DESTROY THINGS, NOT FIX THEM

• I just want to say that i loved this game dearly. A broken game it is, but damn it i really glad i bought it despite the reviews.

• @edsortiz said in Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC/PS4/XB1):

@the_andredal Could you imagine the sequel? Like the jump from ME 1 to ME 2? Its just makes me so sad to think of this

i boycotted it from start because of EA and what some of the developer said. It's such a shame the DLC got cancelled

• Did they ever fix this game? It's on sale right now and I'm craving Mass Effect.

• @naltmank It's an alright Mass Effect game. It's got it's charms for sure, and some of the new characters are good. I don't know that any of them are GREAT though. I struggle to remember anybody's name except for Ryder, the main character. I think that for a soft reboot, if the game had come out in the mostly polished state in which I ended up playing it - it would have been fine. The faces still looked kinda ass, but it wasn't like... horrifying. My main criticism is that the lighting engine in the character creator and the in game lighting is totally different, so I spent a lot of time making a good looking character (IMO) and then during every in game cutscene - she was kinda derpy. Missions outside of the main story were a bit generic. Overall probably a 7.5 tho.

• @naltmank I've replayed it this year on PC. There were some hilarious bugs, but nothing game breaking and on my last-year PC there wasn't any trouble with assets streaming. Also, visually it scales up quite well.

I would also recommend not to do every minor side quest - some of them are filler. But the core of the game is solid, and I definitely felt like I’m venturing into uncharted space.