Pokemon Sun & Moon Hype Check

• Very hyped.

Right now I am in the process of transferring and sorting all my pokemons from the games to the Pokemon bank... getting ready for release!
    Very worried for the game however, they seem to want to streamline Sun and Moon even more then the previous games. Of course, that aint all bad but I am worried that it might feel like the game is playing it self for me.

• @cottontunacan How good is the transfer process to/from Pokemon Bank? The ability to have everyone in one spot is very enticing but I've always been/still am wary of cloud-esque stuff like this. Losing all my pokes would be heartbreaking.

• @Dirokia I have used it for two years now and I think its pretty good. You just run the Pokemon Bank app on your 3DS and select witch game you wanna use (you can change at any time) and then it is just like using the boxes in the games.
    alt text
    The box on the upper screen is your pokebank. However, just like the boxes in the games, you can only select and move one pokemon at the time.

I use pokemon bank to transfer pokemon between Ruby and Y all the time. You just put the pokemon in the bank, and then switch game cartridge and put the pokemon from pokemon bank to the boxes in the game. I think losing you pokemon is very unlikely since pokemon bank saves your game all the time.

• @Dirokia it works well, but since I share your fear I usually just move all of my favorites to my current game.

• @cottontunacan @michemagius Thanks for the responses, think I'll check it out to finally consolidate my dex's.

• Well my hype is pretty much unchecked. I have played Yellow on the VC, Alpha Sapphire, and about to beat X, all since February when it was announced that the VC games would link to Sun/Moon.

• I'm sure it's going to be fun, but I feel like the Pokemon games are moving forward so slowly. X and Y felt so fresh and it was great to see them add so much in the way the game was presented, but now it feels like improvements and building on the game's formula is slow again.

It's not that it's bad necessarily, but I can't help but think they could move things forward a lot more. Although having said that, I'm glad they are taking some inspiration from Hawaii for certain Pokemon designs.

• I think a true evolution for the game is to take it to consoles, and then use Pokken style fighting so it is in real time. Dodging, multiple move types etc. I sometimes wonder if Pokken was a testing ground for that.

• I'm for sure one of the masses that would love a console Pokemon title, but I understand why they don't. One of the main themes of Pokemon as a series is sharing the adventure with friends and strangers through battling and trading, and that can be best realized on handheld. That said, I'll take any excuse to get a fleshed out console game, even if only for a spin-off idea.

• I'm hyped to just have my cat as a starter.

Midnight Kitty

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPsKpzdUYAAUfXS.jpg:large)

• @Dirokia I'd be down for another Pokemon Colosseum-esque game.

• @Dirokia To add to the Poke-bank discussion, I played Pokemon X religiously. I was even able to get all evolutions of the Pokemon including a few shiny Pokemon. I uploaded them all to the Poke-bank and sold my 3DS Last year. I just recently bought a New 3DS, downloaded the Poke-bank, all my Pokemon were still there and I was able to transfer them easily, no problems.

I get the worries though. I had quite a few terrifying thoughts about my Pokemon being in limbo for a year.

• @TheChrisGriffin That's amazingly awesome!

• I loved the changes X&Y brought but hated how barebones the post-game is. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire more than made up for that, but I'm hoping Sun & Moon will be even more substantial. I'm also hoping the campaign itself will through some wrenches into the equation of 8 gym leaders and an elite four. Black & White did some awesome things to switch it up in that regard and its probably why they're my favorites.

I also made a fan video, which I would typically refrain from. But goddamn it I want these games.

Youtube Video

• @TheChrisGriffin said in Pokemon Sun & Moon Hype Check:

@Dirokia To add to the Poke-bank discussion, I played Pokemon X religiously. I was even able to get all evolutions of the Pokemon including a few shiny Pokemon. I uploaded them all to the Poke-bank and sold my 3DS Last year. I just recently bought a New 3DS, downloaded the Poke-bank, all my Pokemon were still there and I was able to transfer them easily, no problems.

I get the worries though. I had quite a few terrifying thoughts about my Pokemon being in limbo for a year.

Adding to the Pokémon Bank chat. Your mons will be safe in the cloud as long as you keep your subscription up. If your subscription expires and you don't renew your Pokémon will eventually be deleted from the server. I don't know how long after expiry that stuff gets deleted. But paying £4.49 per year an't that bad of deal. Especially when they do the odd Pokémon Bank only distributions.

Personally I'd rather have them in the cloud knowing that if my 3DS dies, is lost or stolen that the majority of my Pokémon collection will be intact.

• For those who haven't seen it, this video is one of my favourite things about the upcoming release. Just like any Pokemon game however, the fan theories of the area never make a big impact in-game for simplicity sake, but it is always fun to find the lines that connect things even if it is isn't officially canon.

• Getting it but I don't see the new pokemon as interesting in terms of design. I'm more interested in Solgaleo and Popplio.

• I don't think I've ever been as indifferent towards new main series Pokémon games as I am towards Sun & Moon. I'm still going to get one of them but I just can't really muster any excitement for them.

• I am on full media blackout.

Pokemon games are definitely one that I want to experience for the first time when I boot it up.

• Trying not to see too much on it, as I would like to be surprised when I play. Overall, I am very excited to play, what little I have seen looks awesome.