GDC 2017 Indies and beyond.

• After the latest Frame Trap and the indies previewed at GDC I went on the hunt for more info. Plenty of these games sounded interesting, but the coverage out there is understandably and sparse and inconsistent. Thought I would collate some info for the games mentioned and see how many more I could find. So many beautiful art styles, we have to pray these games do not get bogged down in development for too long.

Beat The Game
    0_1489015750956_Beatthegame.jpg
    'Beat the Game' is a surreal adventure game where you find your way by collecting items and discovering sounds.(Trailer)
    DEV: Wormanimation (Website)
    ETA: Early 2017 PC, PS4 XB1 to follow.

Songbringer
    0_1489016739126_Songbringer.png
    Songbringer is a procedural scifi action RPG with swords, secrets, dungeons, bosses and stuff.(Trailer)
    DEV: Wizard Fu (Website)
    ETA: Summer 2017; PC, PS4 and XB1

Observer
    0_1489017859007_Observer.png
    Observer is a first person perspective horror game that focuses on a dark, atmospheric environment and deep story telling.
    DEV: Blooper Team (Website)
    ETA: "Coming in 2017..." PC

Etherborn
    0_1489018445827_Etherborn.jpg
    Etherborn is an exploration platformer game set in a strange and exotic world where the laws of physics behave in a completely different way than in ours.(Trailer)
    DEV: Altered Matter (Website)
    ETA: TBC 2017

Moonlighter
    0_1489018572773_Moonlighter.png
    Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements that demonstrates two sides of the coin – revealing everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that secretly dreams of becoming a hero. (Trailer)
    DEV: Digital Sun (Website) [Publisher: 11bitstudios]
    ETA: TBC End 2017 PC, XB1, PS4

Tower 57
    0_1489019909539_tower57.jpg
    Twin stick shooter with 16-bit inspired pixel art, destructible environments, and a heavy focus on co-op.(Trailer)
    DEV: Pixwerk (Website) [Publisher: 11bitstudios]
    ETA: TBC Spring 2017 PC

For anyone interested in discovering more, the best single current source I have found is this google doc compiled by Indieformer on youtube. Polygon have a few small indie preview vids up from GDC, just as we hit Pax East and the next wave of barely possible coverage..too many games to cover.

I would add thumbnails and trailer links to that doc, but I just ain't that savvy.