Selective Creation: Nominate From the 90s!

• Another Second Chance Build and it's all about us 90s kids. Time to pick the 30 best games to come out in the 90s!

What does this mean? Well, we're here to determine what the 30 best games from the 90s are. ANY game originally released from January 1, 1990 to December 31, 1999 is up for nomination. A game MAY have been ported, but it MUST have been originally available in that time span.

As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 30 games, but here's the catch: these 30 games will be the ONLY games to be remembered from the 90s. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 30 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title until four people have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last overall addition, NOT NECESSARILY YOURS, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. Or if you have no knowledge of the 90s, get to trolling if it makes you happy.

To keep some diversity, I'm instituting a franchise cap. So if two entries of a series get put on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding to the list unless absolutely necessary because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the definitive 30 games that define the 90s?

Have fun!

• Vigilante 8

This was one of my early loves on PS1. Getting a remake or a sequel for the series would be my Shenmue III. I can't believe the hours I put into this game as a ten-year-old kid.

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid

All around amazing game, pushed boundaries and made the name Hideo Kojima mean something. Also, it's One of the Greats (tm).

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue

We gotta catch 'em all.

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon

ONE OF THE GREATS

• @bard91 said in Selective Creation: Nominate From the 90s!:

ONE OF THE GREATS

Do you mean should be One of the Greats? Because I would agree.

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams

Still the best.

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing

If the Crash trilogy remaster sells well, then maybe, just maybe we'll get CTR on PS4 with online support as well. What a thought! What a gem!

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing
    Turrican II

One of my all time favorite games ever made, and has easily my favorite video game soundtrack. It's the first game I ever played, and I hold this little gem of a Amiga game near and dear to my heart, and I keep wishing for HD-collection of this series in every major event. I know when we get to the KYB edition of this, this'll most likely end up going with the first few titles, but I still want to highlight this game on this list.

• @jipostus Yes, Turrican II! I didn't play many Amiga games, but this one I did and even finished it. That's a cool game, if anything. And the first level's soundtrack has been stuck to my mind for 25 years now, phenomenal.

• @Sentinel-Beach The first level's theme is called Desert Rocks, and it's my ringtone. And I use last levels track "Final Challenge" as my calender notification sound. I may be obsessed over this game. :D

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing
    Turrican II
    Final Fantasy VII

Duh! Obviously this should have been the first game mentioned 😂

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing
    Turrican II
    Final Fantasy VII
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Super shocked Ian didn't nominate this as one of the greats. I have a feeling we'll see it soon though!

• @SabotageTheTruth

Was shocked not to see this one either. When I think of 90's gaming this comes to mind and I barely played it. Have heard it's one of the best.

• @CGamor7 I'm obviously going to recommend checking it out, especially since it's on PSN for relatively cheap. One of the few games I feel the need to revisit every couple of years.

• @CGamor7 It absolutely is one of the best. Speaking of the best,

Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing
    Turrican II
    Final Fantasy VII
    Mega Man X

I can only think of a small handful (like, literally less than five) games I'd give a 10/10 to, but this is one of them.

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing
    Turrican II
    Final Fantasy VII
    Mega Man X
    Tekken 3

Nothing could have prepared me for what was Tekken 3. The game's pure dynamite.

• @SabotageTheTruth I actually have it on psn but I no longer have my PS3 to play it :(

Cmon Sony!

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing
    Turrican II
    Final Fantasy VII
    Mega Man X
    Tekken 3
    Diablo

There's some fun games on this list, but Diablo straight up CONSUMED my group of friends.

• Vigilante 8
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon Red/Blue
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Nights Into Dreams
    Crash Team Racing
    Turrican II
    Final Fantasy VII
    Mega Man X
    Tekken 3
    Diablo
    Shenmue

It just made the cut! It released in Japan in Dec of 1999. One of my favorite games of all time(behind Shenmue 2).