What did you just Buy/Receive?

• @bam541
    Festival of Blood, good choice. I still need to play ICO though. :/

Edit: Didn't see Bully, my favourite Rockstar game.

• @scotty just played ICO for an hour and it's so good. If nothing goes horribly wrong, it's on track to be my favorite Ueda game.

I haven't played Bully since like 2009, really excited to jump in again.

I actually still have one more batch of games I want to buy if I have the cash to spare, hopefully nothing goes wrong.

• @bam541

Well, you still have time. Good luck.

• bought a property. no biggie.

• @yoshi congrats! Just sold ours. What’d you buy?

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    congrats too. :)

i bought a 1 bedroom apartment in the city. i had a bad rental experience with a housemate renting a couple of years ago who tried to illegally evict me and tried to steal my money.

after that experience i was just put off renting entirely. moved back in with my dad and have just been saving hard until now when i can now simply a buy and mortgage out a property instead of renting one.

it's only a small cheap place, but i figure putting my money towards this is better than paying dead money to a landlord and will of course try to upgrade to a bigger place in a few years time. Interest rates are also at an all time low cause of COVID so that was another reason to buy now.

what i really like about this apartment is that not only is it cheap and in the city, but it's also right next to a Tram stop that goes all the way to where my work is which will be handy if i ever stop working from home and need to go back to the office

• @bam541 said in What did you just Buy/Receive?:

Started collecting cassette tapes about 2 weeks ago, here's what I got so far. Got these for about 23 US bucks.

0_1618557486766_IMG_20210416_151254_compress91.jpg

Awesome. The Bends is such a complete album for me, there's not a song I dislike on it.

• @sheria That's great! I came to liking it more and more as time goes on. It's easy to listen to, and it's quite solid from front to back.

• pre-ordered the combo of Mumbo and Croc Banjo. i already had $300 worth of rewards points saved up so i got for much cheaper too. got them on a 12 mont payment plan :)

Youtube Video

• 0_1622568516491_IMG_20210601_192012.jpg

• @neocweeny Stupid Amazon says my SMT Nocturne won't arrive until mid-June. Can't wait to play that one!

• @e_zed_eh_intern That sucks, man.

I should really get around to play it soon. Never played any proper SMT game.

I've owned this game since it was new and still have it sealed.

0_1622569633425_IMG_20210601_194312.jpg

• @neocweeny Haha, I also have soooo many SMT games and have owned several twice (including Nocturne/Lucifer's Call) and have finished very few. Currently working on Digital Devil Saga 1 and can't see myself not finishing it this time. Then it's on to Nocturne...assuming it arrives.

• @neocweeny said in What did you just Buy/Receive?:

@e_zed_eh_intern That sucks, man.

I should really get around to play it soon. Never played any proper SMT game.

I've owned this game since it was new and still have it sealed.

0_1622569633425_IMG_20210601_194312.jpg

You can't be that keen to play it then 😕

Why not try that copy first?

• @sheria Because I rather play the best version of a game available. Also I will probably finish it on the Switch sooner because I travel a lot.

There are a lot of lenghty RPGs in my backlog. It's difficult to find time for them. I also hear it's a very difficult and demanding game which I'm not always in the mood for. I'm pretty sure I will like it though. It seems up my alley. I love the Persona series (though 5 is also still sitting in my backlog).

• I bought this art print of a Zelda fanart a while back, and I just got a frame for it. I swear, it's gonna be a very distracting sight in my boring-ass room. I probably should have bought a bigger size print, but it is what it is.

0_1623390885267_20210611_134820_compress17.jpg

• I couple of friends to whom I usually offer games (and a half broken Switch) gave me this

0_1623408593746_152122816_max.jpg

• 0_1623411283727_IMG_20210611_131643.jpg

• So less than two weeks ago I visit my home town and see my friends new house. He's looking to get rid of some old games. He happened to lose his GC somehow so I took some of his games. He offered me his whole 360 collection too but he lost his 360 so not much sense in taking those off him.

So now my entire GC collection has been donations from friends who are downsizing or outgrew video games:

The caseless games are: The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition (whatever that is), and Viewtiful Joe 2

0_1624382251231_Image00001.jpg

--

Skip ahead to yesterday. After years of wanting a CRT to play my old PS2, GC, and N64 games, but not owning a car to pick one up and drive it home, I happened upon a big ass Sony Triterion just shy of 1km from my apartment!

My chest, back, shoulders and wrists are completely sore from hauling this home on my skateboard but it was totally worth it! What luck!?!?

0_1624382432408_Image00002.jpg

Doing some rearranging furniture this weekend and hopefully by Sunday I can play some Zelda or something!

• @dipset said in What did you just Buy/Receive?:

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition (whatever that is)

:|