What did you just Buy/Receive?

• Picked up Avatar: The Last Airbender (Blu-ray) and Gladiator (UHD) at Best Buy today. Never seen Avatar. I finished the second season of Batman and the third season of Samurai Jack (Well, one episode to go.) just in time.

• @ezekiel you wasted your money with Avatar.

• @spikewolf_26 said in What did you just Buy/Receive?:

@ezekiel you wasted your money with Avatar.

What's wrong with it? Watched the first two episodes. The only thing I'm not happy about is the low resolution of the digital animation. It's an obvious SD upscale. The early 2000s were a bad time for animation.

• @spikewolf_26 How do I downvote a post?

• King of Fighter 14. I finally found a good deal on it and am stoked to finally give it a go. I don't know why I buy all these fighting games though because I am trash at ALL of them.

• Got Observation last night, so far another great surprise just after finishing A Plague Tale.

• My Tim Burton-inspired animated series just got some company. Haven't watched these movies since I was a child.

alt text

• Oh shit the Tim Burton Batman movies got a 4K release?

• Came out this week. I think they look and sound great. Just don't watch any YouTube comparisons. People don't know how to calibrate their TVs. There are some complaints about the sounds being redone, but I haven't seen these in so long that I don't even remember the original sound effects. My only complaint about the sound is the lows in Returns. I haven't had this subwoofer for long and am not used to tremors and low rumbles. I'm never gonna have my sub above medium.

I liked rewatching these. I prefer the second one, for having a crazier, darker story and being more sexual and colorful. I feel like Tim Burton was allowed more artistic freedom after the original. The first one is fine, but I just didn't think much of the story and always found Joker being Thomas and Martha Wayne's killer lame. It seems so obvious that Hollywood WOULD do something cheap like that.

By the way, Michael Keaton has a short jaw and is too short to play Batman. Very noticeable before I even looked up his height.

• I'm building a HTPC. It's gonna be just for movies, TV shows, browsing music and maybe some light gaming (simple/old games). I don't like that my smart TV enables the height speakers on non-Atmos and non-DTS:X surround tracks. I had a 65 foot HDMI connection from my bedroom PC to my TV, but trying to toggle between three screens in Windows is way more complicated than it should be. I'm just sick of dealing with all this crap.

alt text

• 0_1560534617868_20190614_184156_resized.jpg

• @neocweeny The cover arts are so sick! Wow.

• alt text

Got myself a cheap fighting stick. I saved the last hour of the Samurai Shodown demo until this came, and I glad I did. I haven't used a arcade fighting stick in ages so it will take me a while to be fully comfortable with this, but despite that it still made playing the game way more fun than using a gamepad. So far I don't mind the small size, I think it's kinda cute lol.