What did you just Buy/Receive?

• @dipset Yeah, it is really light compared to my old bike. So light, I'm scared to turn as hard as I did with the old one. I love this gear/shifter system.

• A bit geeky maybe, but I bought an n64 repair kit and a number of "broken n64's" in a lot. I've fixed a number of malfunctioning modern consoles, but I always felt drawn to fixing up older stuff as I find it more interesting.

I've already fixed an old N64 I had by replacing a swollen capacitor. I'm keen to see it I can make a profit here =)

• Some discs arrived today.

alt text

Seen Nikita twice, seen Halloween once on Blu-ray. Don't think I've ever seen any of the Connery Bond movies PROPERLY. Lady Snowblood because I remember finding the manga alright (read eight years ago) and wanted more 70s samurai stuff after recently finishing the Lone Wolf and Cub series.

• @ezekiel Goldfinger is one of my faves.

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in What did you just Buy/Receive?:

@ezekiel Goldfinger is one of my faves.

Looks like I won't be watching it for another week, because the first disc (Dr. No) is cracked. :(

Edit: I know what I'm gonna watch tonight. Been waiting a month for this import, released in January.

alt text

• Well... I just spent a ton and bought my first ever full frame camera. There is a Nikon upgrade promo going on where Nikon will give you a free $400 CAD ($300 USD) on top of your cameras in-store value if you trade up to a D780.

After about 4 years being into photography, I decided it’s time to go full frame. I’m immediately blown away by the high ISO performance. I can shoot in the dark @ 20000 ISO and barely even see much noise if any. Already has made my life so much simpler. I’ve become a Manual spaz because I’m always trying to reduce ISO to prevent noise or I’m always fiddling with the light meter. Not anymore! Now I’m just gonna focus on getting a good shot and let the camera do the rest of the work.

It’s amazing but burned a damn whole in my bank account. The usual big purchase remorse that takes a day or two to settle in.

Nikon D780
    0_1583902811867_IMG_3640.PNG

Check out the camera and I recommend the upgrade program. It's literally free money for you to get a better camera: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/d780-trade-up.page

• I'm a film man. Shot a roll of Ektar on my last trip. :)

• @oscillator

I want to dive into film one day, but I have a desire to get into sports photography so I'm sticking with digital for now.

My friend has a Fujica STX-1N and its made looking back at vacations and good times that much more comforting and nostalgic. I sometimes grab disposable cameras before a camping trip or anything like that, but one day I'll consider a film cam.

• Getting closer to cosplaying Persona 3 MC... jk I can't cosplay good. Finding headphones like this is hard, gotta import it.
    0_1584943358819_Annotation 2020-03-23 140217.png

• I don't have the game yet... But this came in way earlier than I expected.
    0_1585014829476_IMG_20200324_094818_compress97.jpg

• Some region B imports. I love Masters of Cinema packaging. They use original poster art for most of their releases. The one on the left I got two months ago.

alt text

They also come with nice little booklets featuring production photos.

• Some games I purchased in the last few weeks
    0_1586618654422_20200411_165409.jpg

• @neocweeny Upvote for Billy Hatcher.

• @demonpirate I'm trying to complete my Gamecube collection. Billy Hatcher is kinda a "wild card" for me, I don't really know much about it so I'm glad to see it has its fans ^^

• alt text

Haven't bought any console games (and barely any PC games) since Astral Chain back in September. This will also be my first Luigi's Mansion. Been playing a lot of Mario Odyssey lately. It came a lot quicker than I expected. I ordered it just three days ago, so I'm guessing it came from the Gamestop right down the street rather than from any warehouse.

English-subbed Nights of Cabiria on Blu-ray is one I've been waiting a few years for. I just skimmed through it and am so glad it looks much than the crappy 2019 scan I downloaded and watched earlier this year.

• 0_1590762790803_20200529_154912.jpg