Colin Moriarty has left Kinda Funny

• Global Moderator

Just making this topic as the Brandon Jones on Kinda Funny Live 2 topic has been taken over by it.

It's with sadness that I announce my resignation from Kinda Funny, effective immediately.

• I respect Kinda Funny, but I do not enjoy their content. Greg and Tim never seem all that into games, most of what I have seen from them is a little to corporate for my taste.

Now that Colin has left Kinda Funny, I'm definitely not going to be watching anything of theirs.

• Well Kindafunny will not be the same now that Collin has left.

• @MSBi said in Brandon Jones on Kinda Funny Live 2:

Well Kindafunny will not be the same now that Collin has left.

True, but I think it'll be for the best in the long run.

• @Kutaro

Only one way to find out I guess although I did feel Collin pissed off at Greg more often over the last few months not to say that why Colin would leave obviously he has other plans. Wish the best for him and kinda funny crew but I don't watch them a lot anyway.

It will be interesting to see how things change going forward. The writing was on the wall for him with the whole tweet thing and while I enjoy his alternative views on things despite not really liking his politics it was clear even to me as a casual follower of KF's stuff that he was drifting from where the rest of the group is wanting to go.

I'm interested to see what happens with PS I Love XOXO which is what drew me to Kinda Funny.

Now they might be even slightly watchable without Moriarty spewing vitriolic hatred toward everyone in the 18-25 age demographic and/or not libertarian every five minutes. That is, me and a bunch of other people who don't hate young people. I'm interested now that Mean Dad is out — might even watch a few of their morning shows again when EZA isn't streaming.

• @Haru17 I didn't have a problem with Colin, he says whats on his mind, I disagreed with a lot, but he also had a vast knowledge about games that'll be missed now I think.
    I started watching Kinda Funny after GT shut down, got hooked by Greg & Nick. I will however miss P.S. I Love You XOXO that was one hell of a podcast.

• This is Collin's complete statement. I'll post the link below:

It’s with a heavy heart and great sadness that I announce my resignation from Kinda Funny, effective immediately.
    This morning, the guys and I had a constructive conversation, and feel that, with our separate visions for the future and for the direction of the company, it’s time to go our separate ways. I want to be clear that this was my decision. Just as we collaborated as friends, so too do we part. I hope you continue to support them. I simply want to reconnect with what’s most important to me. Politics, history, philosophy. Reading books. Talking about things I feel are most impactful and essential for a person like me.
    I want to thank everyone for their support of me -- and us -- over these years. When I started writing about games professionally in 2002 as a freshman in college, never, ever, did I think I’d reach the heights I did. I owe a great deal to an audience that generously sustained me, supported me, and followed me, and I also owe a lot to those who gave me opportunities to begin with. I will always remember and be grateful for this entire experience.
    Opportunities are already popping up for me, bringing me in a new, different, and exciting direction, a direction that I feel makes perfect sense for me. Obviously, you haven’t seen or heard the last of me. Far from it. I hope that when I return with what’s next, you will support me there, just as you’ve supported me over these many years.
    Your Friend, -Colin

https://www.facebook.com/appealtoheaven/posts/10103367920696739

• While I've never been a big fan of kinda funny, Collin was the one that presented most of the content that I liked, and he for sure said stuff that I disagreed strongly with, but he without him I see no value in them as a gaming outlet.

• Colin made Kindafunny bearable.

• I used to listen to the IGN Beyond Podcast to pass time at my office job years ago. I've also watched a few interviews on Kinda Funny. It seems like Colin was the only person with journalistic skills pertaining to conducting an interview. Greg is sometimes entirely engaged in story and forgets to speak for a long time.

Not to mention, he is obnoxious...

They have a lot of fans and I'm sure this sucks. I'd hate to lose one of our Allies.

• @GoTaco

Why would you go ahead and say that about the allies?. I shudder the thought of that happening.

• @MSBi

I obviously don't want that either. I'm just making the point that despite me not being a fan of Kinda Funny, I can sympathize because I wouldn't want that for EZA.

If anything I want them to hire Elyse and get her an Ian doing funny videos again, get her on Tabletop, etc. Somehow doubt that'll happen.

• @GoTaco

Right. I don't think Elyse would ever come back. It was her decision to leave the allies in the first place. Not that I am against it. She is quite funny at Funhaus and doing well there.

• 5 bucks he ends up on Breitbart :D

• I....really have nothing to add. He personally wasn't someone I valued seeing content from on IGN and neither was greg, so their existence elsewhere has no effect on me.

But the constant badgering of the allies about the subject is a bit on the nose, I'm sure they aren't going to share their opinions about this, it's a very divisive topic as was Colin as a person. And it's probably best left for KF fans to discuss over on KF places as bringing it up here or on twitch chat just raises arguments.

Always sucks to lose one's job, but it never sounded like he was on the same page as everyone else anyway. Not sure why hounding someone after the fact (As my twitter is LOADED with this from people who've never once tweeted about KF before) is such a popular thing to do, he messed up...he paid for it, it's over. Why does it need to continue? Does that not make his detractors worse than him?

Not saying that's what this thread does, I just really don't understand this internet culture anymore. When you poke an animal with a stick long enough, what sort of reaction are you expecting after it's already growled at you? And of course when the obvious happens, that will be held against him too.

Just my $0.02 on the issue.

• I watched the ps i love you XOXO podcast and while i didnt always agree with him he is a million time more bearable then Greg. i do like Tim in small doses though

• @ZyloWolfBane

I certainly agree about the comment on internet culture. I belong to a few sub-cultures, if you will, and have even considered work within some. Fans are mental though. Makes you want to avoid it in the end.

But this thread isn't particularly malicious. It's in General and is quite fact-of-the-matter.

• @ZyloWolfBane I definitely agree. It makes me happy that EZA has avoided politics.

Also, the argument among the community is that Greg's reply tweet made the situation infinitely worse than if they just ignored it.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.