Colin Moriarty has left Kinda Funny

• @bard91 Greg still have a great knowledge about games, but I do agree to an extent. They're more than a gaming outlet though, I see them more as just an entertainment company really. Now without politics.

• @Kutaro I've never seen a lot of entertainment from their part to be honest.

• @Kutaro said in Colin Moriarty has left Kinda Funny:

@GoTaco Are you sure you don't have Colin and Greg mixed?
    Colin usually don't say a whole lot during a lot of topics whereas Greg never stops talking.

I think I do actually. However, I still find Colin had more calculated observations while Greg is more emotional and on the entertainment side of things. Just isn't for me. I don't have much more to add though. I did enjoy Podcast Beyond in the summer of 2014 at a student office job and I'm grateful for that.

• "He ain't no kin to me..."

But seriously, I hope that this wasn't solely due to the backlash he received. I don't agree with him on almost anything (including/especially his politics), but I don't like the idea of internet mobs uprooting his life. That doesn't seem fair to me.

• I unsubscribed from Kinda Funny after their reactions to Zelda and the Nintendo Switch presentation.

Tim was suppose to be their big Nintendo fan, and it was incredibly weird to see his reactions be almost purely negative while uploading videos of him at the Nintendo show floor "enjoying" all of the games.

• @Stormcrownn you unsubscribed because you didn't get the reaction you wanted?

That's the kind of stuff that leads to people being fake.

Seems pretty fair to think the presentation was awful because it was and that vertical slices of games would be fun.

• @tokeeffe9 I mean maybe, but KF over the last 6 months or so has appeared to me less and less genuine. The constant plugs throughout all their podcasts and videos, the topics of choice. Recording their podcasts out of order (for the 4-part series) rubs me the wrong way. Cutting up the audio and video parts of the podcast for two different tiers of patreon. I supported them for several months but after a 3-4 weeks straight of videos and content that I very boring I stopped. I check back every week or so to see if their content can pull back in, but it never does, aside from a few good interviews.

EZA shit all over that presentation other than the few games where they were excited, and I enjoyed their reactions.

• @Stormcrownn

I share the exact same sentiment.

• @Stormcrownn That seems totally reasonable. It was just the initial comment that threw me off.

For me the only thing I ever really consistently listen to is PS I Love you. I find the Gamescast to be very hit or miss.

• Seeing tweets of him in my timeline (I don't follow him, yet, but some people I do follow retweet it), I don't really know why he ever bothered with Greg Miller, he seems like a swell guy, I will watch him carefully like I did with Ian Miles Cheong.

• This post is deleted!