The difference between EZA & "Cynical games media"

• @Mechanoid love & respect!

• I think the best way to exemplify the difference between EZA and most other places is Kyle's Dumb Game Monday streams. I can't really think of many other websites or channels that would go out of their way to not just acknowledge the existence of something like Pokepark Wii or G-Force or B3: Game Expo for Bees, but actively showcase them in an effort to show every game, even things everybody slept on, has a chance to be good.

• @DeweyDTruman One of the best things he took on from GameTrailers actually, and even made it better.

Youtube Video

• I love Kinda Funny, EZA, and Giant Bomb. They all offer something of amazing value.

EZA offers a wide variety of perspectives a lot of them being more optimistic. They're a group of friends who love video games.

Kinda Funny very similar to EZA, but they have a strong focus on Playstation, they have great connections within the industry, and they aren't only about games.

Giant Bomb has the experience, expertise, and a strong connection to the industry. A majority of the people at Giant Bomb have been in the games media since forever. They've seen the industry grow and evolve and have managed to keep with it. I like to think that EZA is the spry young adventurer where as Giant Bomb is the wise old man on top of the hill. The wise old man is not the most exciting person, but he has so much to offer the adventure in terms of knowledge and experience about the world.

• I got turned onto GT after last years epic reaction video to the Year of Dreams. No one else had that kind of emotion, no one. It was easy to latch on to them after that point. Have never looked back and was one of the first people to support the patreon when it was announced.

• I love EZA because like others have said they explore and represent the joy of video games.

They get that the surprise announcement of games Resi 7 can get people jumping out of their seats. That playing a beloved game thats 20 years old for the first time can be a rewarding experience. That hype while a tool for selling products can be a fun thing to engage in. Crucially though they can also be critical of games when it is called for. That's why I love the reviews both here and on GT back in the day.

Cynicism is something that plagues all things, particularly on the internet. So many people have forgotten that you can enjoy a thing while still being critical of it.

• @thenerdtheword said in The difference between EZA & "Cynical games media":

I love EZA because like others have said they explore and represent the joy of video games.

They get that the surprise announcement of games Resi 7 can get people jumping out of their seats. That playing a beloved game thats 20 years old for the first time can be a rewarding experience. That hype while a tool for selling products can be a fun thing to engage in. Crucially though they can also be critical of games when it is called for. That's why I love the reviews both here and on GT back in the day.

Cynicism is something that plagues all things, particularly on the internet. So many people have forgotten that you can enjoy a thing while still being critical of it.

Well Said! Watching EZA is always such a breath of fresh air for me. I come from a life of people always telling me that games are a waste of time/not a big deal. But the GT crew knows my passion and I will follow them anywhere!!! ;)

• This is exactly why I love the EZA crew. Their honest opinions, their love for games and passion for this media shines through, and it is always happy to see their opinions on anything gaming related. They try to find good in everything, and they are willing to give every game a chance instead of dismissing it just by looking it for a second, unlike many others. For example, their comments on Final Fantasy 15... They have had bad experiences with it so far, yet they care and want it to be good, and are worried that it might be bad, instead of just saying something like "Squeenix can't make god FF games anymore, f-that game".

• I happened to click IGN post Sony Conference reactions. Man, they are so uninformed when making their opinions. Calling Days Gone a Dead Rising with feelings, saying Death Stranding is Silent Hill, making Resident Evil comparisons to God of War. How do you even get horror vibes from the Death Stranding trailer? How do you call God of War anything like Resident Evil just because of the over the shoulder camera?

It just made me realize how smart, dedicated, and passionate are the EZA crew. They play their games. They have their knowledge.

• Somebody needs to make a compilation of all the faces Huber made during the Sony conference.
    Such pure, child like excitement.