Sonic Mania & Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/NSW)

• Banned

Going in more than one direction is too confusing?

• After all the craziness that's going on this world right now, I needed something like Sonic Mania. Jolly good fun that makes me forget all the horrible shit that's going on. My friend got this on his Switch, and we've been playing it for a while, and loved every moment of it.

If I would have told myself few years ago that I would make myself feel better by playing a new Sonic game, I wouldn't have been able to believe that at all. But now... I'm just smiling out of pure fun I'm having with my friend with this game.

So yes, Sonic has redeemed itself after all these years, and I couldn't be happier.

• Really enjoying Sonic Mania, wish the secret rings weren't as hard to find as they are, I only have 3 emeralds, should have 4, felt cheated out of one due to time running out just as I got to it...grr

• Banned

I enabled the dev menu on the pc version so I could do the emerald stages back to back without having to hunt down rings.

I'm not even gonna attempt to get all gold medals on Blue Sphere.

• @ACardAttack I'm gonna give you some advice but I can't promise it'll be helpful since I know not everyone here is gonna replay the game six times over and play literally nothing but it for a week straight like I did when it first came out.

Don't even worry about the emeralds on your first run. Just beat the main game. Then, replay each level a good few times. Not anything insane just like three or four. If you're trying different routes you'll come across more of them the longer you play. If you don't want to learn where they are and just want to get super sonic, then there's one right near the start in both Press Garden and the level after Mirage Saloon.

• @Art

Yeah getting gold medals is nuts. I have half the total medals, and only one is gold. I'd pull out my hair if I wanted to get all gold ones

• Youtube Video

Overall all the reviews are pretty mediocre. Has anyone picked it up yet?

• Curious if anyone else had a brain fart on the first boss.

• Banned

@Axel Played it for a couple hours. It's pretty bad.

I expected something on par with Generations, but was let down.

• I wonder how things would be if they hired some actual talent..

• Yeah it's pretty crazy, seems like they can't figure out what to do with the series. At least they found the right formula again for the 2D games, so let's hope they keep making those.

• @Axel
    The boost style games have been well received too.
    If anything id say the issue with Forces is that the stages are awful, and the few good one's are over way too damn fast, he'll I think every stage only last 2-3 minutes max.