Cherry Pie Recipe.

• I was a bit bored today, it being the weekend in Australia, and sometimes I like to indulge one of my hobbies aside from video games which is baking.

The first thing I made was a pie pastry, just a fairly plain standard one I make a lot.

Ingredients

• 400g or approx 14 ounces of plain flour

• 200g or approx 7 ounces of chilled butter

• 2-3 tablespoons of milk

• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder

First mix the flour and cinnamon in a large bowl, then add in the chilled butter (which can be cubed if you prefer) and the bit of milk and mix until it all forms a breadcrumb like mixture. Gently press this mixture into a ball before wrapping in clingfilm and placing in the fridge for about an hour.

At this point I cued up Bosman v Wozniak, and got to work making the filling, all while Kyle Bosman and Tetris kept me company. I also preheated my oven (which is fan forced) to 190 degrees Celsius so about 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

The cherry filling is the messy part, if like me you lack the actual tool to get the stone out of cherries and instead resort to halving them with a knife and fingers, at the end I looked like I had murdered someone and somehow had a streak of drying cherry juice smeared across my face. Anyway

Ingredients

• 4-5 cups of cherries, halved and pitted.

• 1 + 1/2 cups of sugar

• 1/8 cup of maple syrup (or golden syrup)

• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon

• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

• 4-5 tablespoons of cornstarch or cornflour

Put the cherries into a pot or saucepan deep enough to hold them, place the pot on a low to medium heat, add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the cherries and then leave with the lid on for a few minutes. Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon together and then add to the cherry mix once a few minutes are up. Keep on a low to medium heat and begin to stir until the mix thickens and the cherries are soft. If the mix is too thick add a little cold water. Then remove the mix from the heat.

Take the dough out of the fridge, separate it into two balls and then roll them out, using one half as the bottom of the pie by placing it in a greased pie tin, and save the other half for the pie top. Fill the pastry with the cherry mix, being careful not to overfill with excess syrup from the cherries before placing the pie top on.

Put in the oven for 45-50 minutes and hopefully you should have a cherry pie.

If anyone wants to try this recipe let me know how it turns out for you, it worked well for me, but I am just a simple gamer not an actual cook so I don't know if it was pure luck.

Anyway I enjoyed my Boz v Woz and Baking.

• Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it out.

Here is my favourite pie recipe of all time
    It's an apple pie with kind of a sugary caramel-ish topping and apple filling!

Even if you're not huge into apples, I still think you might enjoy this one!

If anyone would like conversions to metric measuring just let me know, I've written it down for convenience long ago :slight_smile:

• Thanks for posting, I LOVE baking though I'm usually more into baking breads than anything else.

I will definitely try this out and let you know how it went.

did you ever see that apple rose tart recipe on reddit a while back? I tried that as well and it was a big hit at parties

http://i.imgur.com/vbP8pel.gifv

cheers