Easy Allies In Concert - Live Show Recording

• To put a pin on a full year of Easy Allies content, our amazing crew of allies put on a concert in beautiful Los Angeles at The Prospect Theatre on March 21st. With presentations ranging from a beautiful piece of prose, to pieces of mini-theatre, all wrapped together with amazing tunes from your favorite Allies, this is a celebration that isn't to be missed.

TIMECODES (spoilers if you want to go in blind!):

Spoiler
    0:00 BEGIN
    02:50 A look back
    04:40 Huber Plays the Clarinet
    07:35 Tabletop Escapades Live!
    16:44 Souls Retro Trailer
    18:18 Damiani Story Time
    30:31 Earthbound Photographer
    33:38 Hey Joey
    36:20 Don's Design Lab
    51:29 Brandon's Video Game Lounge
    59:23 Fiasconauts Live!
    1:09:34 Don't Skip
    1:13:46 Easy Update Live

Discuss this amazing celebration below!

• Crowd was way louder in person. In the video it sounds like we weren't really into it.
    We were into it.

• Practically perfect from top to bottom. Spoilers below with quick thoughts about each moment if you haven't seen it yet.

Huber nailing the clarinet with some jolly tunes.Tabletop Escapades stage play giving us a look at a potential TTEscapades live action series. :P The HYPE Souls Retro trailer. Damiani telling his truly inspirational tale of how he came to be the master that he is today. Bloodworth's pitch perfect Earthbound video. Blood needs a beard. Bosman coming out and once again proving to be a secret musical talent. Don Month continuing in secret. Brandon bringing the house down with an amazing trio of classic gaming tunes lounge-ified. A check in with Chucky Weemer that reminded me just how great that episode of Fiasconauts really was. An awesome new show, that will surely give people a look at some of the sneaky jolly titles of the year. EASY UPDATE LIVE TO CLOSE IT. Ian and the Easy Update Band KILLED IT. Ian just as great live as he is at the start of every single Easy Update.

I know I will do whatever I can to be out there for whatever kind of crazy event they dream up next. This was not one to be missed and I'm glad that those of us who weren't able to come out were given this look into the event. This community and these Allies have no equals and I'm proud to be a part of the House of Easy Allies! LOVE AND RESPECT.

• @TokyoSlim I think that's just the nature of the beast with recording a live event like this without a ton of equipment. I could feel the vibes, don't worry. Jealous you got to be there!

• Another thing to note is that the transitions between sections were pretty impressively short. There's cuts in the youtube video to shorten them further, but there was literally like one minute between Jones belting out Snake Eater and the start of Fiasconauts.

• People that were there live: who was the mystery person shredding the guitar? I couldn't make out his face. He kicked ass, especially at the end.

• @naltmank Don't know. Ian said something like "I forgot to make up a fake name for our guitarist" as his name.

It might have been Slash. But probably not.

• Global Moderator

Ya I can't remember if I was talking to him. The band segment was so good. It genuinely made me want to go to a gig again really badly!

• It took me a while to notice Brandon was singing the song from Persona 4. That was really funny. I'd love if one of my friends did that for me haha

• I loved this a bit too much, but my favorite parts:

Retro trailer
    Damiani's origin story
    Don's Design Lab
    Jones' set
    Don't Skip
    Ian's entire set

For someone who wasn't able to go and watch this via a video, I didn't mind the lack of lighting for the video.

• I made this in response to Huber's clarinet performance, and realized in doing so, how embarrassing it is to really put yourself out there like he does, lol. Bravo, Huber, bravo!

• Big props to John Finger and another gentleman I didn't recognize who filmed the whole thing.

• It was such a good show! I think the crowd noise was dampened/cut in post so it wasn't so overwhelming, a lot of moments probably would have been very drowned out by the crowd. I noticed the sync was very off in the table top escapades segment, they had been able to match up their mouth movements pretty well for the most part, and at the beginning of the segment the video on screen doesn't match the audio so it probably had to be added back in.

I've got a couple of factoids I picked up from talking to some of the allies after the show and at the meet up the following day...

Spoiler Ben didn't get his fish mask until right before he left for the show, so he didn't get to practice at all with it so he didn't know the viewing slot would be in the mouth and very small, so he had a lot of trouble walking in it. Also, it smelled terrible.
    Kyle's wizard outfit didn't get shipped in time for the show, so he had to run out and buy/rent a costume from a costume shop at the last minute. He also didn't have enough time backstage to attach the beard properly, which is why he is holding it up and it eventually falls off.

Spoiler For Brandon's songs, everyone was present when he rehearsed them but no one knew who he would be dedicating each song to, so their reactions (some of which didn't really get filmed, unfortunately) were genuine when they found out. Kyle and Ian were getting dressed for the Fiasconauts segment so they were backstage hoping that they weren't one of the Allies who'd be called out to be serenaded, since they were still getting ready.

That's all I got folks!

• @logic__error I think Miles ended up with the

fish man mask

afterwards, because Ben didn't want it.

• Global Moderator

@Brannox Unfortunately the lighting wasn't something they could control. It went down a few days ago and the venue didn't fix it.

• @tokeeffe9 Yeah, I think Mr. Hinck said something like that at in a note at the very beginning of the video, so I was expecting to have trouble watching, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I could watch it quite clearly and it didn't impact my enjoyment of it.

• Definitely loved being able to watch the show, since unfortunately I wasn't able to attend this year. I have to admit getting a little teared up when the Easy Update band rocked the house, Ian sounds phenomenal with a band backing him up.

• @SabotageTheTruth Dude, YES.

• I loved every part of this, but watching definitely solidified Ian and Bosman as two of the biggest multi-talented creative powerhouses at EZA. From the live sketch reenactments to the musical numbers, they were absolutely on top of it and rocked the house.

• I really loved Blood's Earthbound video. Some of my favorite GT content were the random skits they would come up with, and it's great to see something in the same vein as those again.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.