SEARCHING FOR WRITERS for Homo Ludens, an online video game magazine!

• Homo Ludens, or "the man who plays," is now accepting submissions! There are no rules as to genre or style (i.e. poetry, short story, creative nonfiction), so long as it concerns itself with video games. These works may be inspired by, set in, or in honor of existing titles.

Submissions will be accepted until April 16th and editing will be completed by the 23rd.

If you have any work, ideas, or questions, please send them to: homoludensmag@gmail.com.

Submission guidelines:

1. Your work MAY NOT be original stories which you intend to transfer into a video game unless there is some reference to it being a video game (e.g. fantasy story that you hope to make into a multi-million-dollar trilogy = bad. Lovecraftian horror in which the characters discover they are being controlled by players = good).

2. This is intended for an adult audience. There are no limits as to language or content but do try to keep it in tone with the game you are writing about.

3. The goal is to make the magazine accessible; so if someone has not played the game written about, the writing will still be of interest. As such, your work should be self-contained. Do not leave crucial terms, characters, or plot points unexplained. And most importantly, NO SPOILERS.

If you have read this far, I do want to make it clear that this magazine is for a class assignment and is not a real project. However, the writing-editing process as well as the creation of the magazine will be as professional as possible. This would be a good opportunity to receive feedback on your work without the hassle of waiting on a real publishing house. I will reveal the final product here for everyone to enjoy if enough people are interested and my professor gives their sanction.

Let's have fun with this, yeah?

Love & Respect,

Kenna

• Hello, everyone. I have an update!

I've put together a prototype for the magazine (link below). There you will find helpful information on how to submit your work as well as refined guidelines. Please let me know if you have any issues or recommendations.

https://homoludensmag.wixsite.com/mysite

-Kenna

• This post is deleted!

• I have decided to extend the submission deadline to April 19th, 11:59 p.m. PDT. Revisions are still to be completed by the 23rd. If you got a late start, now is your chance!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday and a peaceful Passover this week.

-Kenna

• This seems like spam.

• @DMCMaster I assure you, it is not. This is a project of mine for school. If I am breaking forum rules, I will gladly alter my posts to fit the guidelines.

• Global Moderator

I'll leave this for now but it's not appropriate in game discussion so I've moved it to blogs.