EZA Group Streams

• @Bosman For a lot of people, that 'twist' in Bioshock served as a sort of wake-up call. A lot of shooters follow similar tropes with a character telling you to do things, sending you waypoints, and you blindly following along because that's how you progress. What led to a lot of people finding this as an "A-ha!" moment is the subversion of why you were doing any of this - sure, you wanted to complete the game but the game was demanding things of you, things that you gleefully did.

Now, do I think the game wags its finger in your face a little too much? Absolutely. The whole second half of the game basically falls apart at points and the message itself becomes muddy. Even so, this was a gaming moment that made a lot of people think about intentions instead of just following orders.

The disconnect I believe the others are talking about is that to complete Link's Awakening, you have to make the choice to wake the wind fish. It could be argued that you could just hang around in that world and not destroy it, but nothing changes and it just remains stagnant. To progress, you must kill Nightmares. To progress in Bioshock, you must kill Andrew Ryan. I agree that it's strange that scenario is a cutscene though, especially when Ken Levine speaks out so adamantly against taking away player control and tries to avoid cutscenes wherever possible.

In all honesty, I feel Undertale tackles these issues with much more grace than Bioshock or Link's Awakening combined.

• bending to your will

• Sweet Lord, I've been loving these super long E3 streams! :) Especially when the night starts getting late, like now the final moments of the second day. Damiani falling asleep on his chair and everyone just having an absolute blast. What a moment, and then that FFXIV tease still. :D Also the live podcast was just insane in a good way, Huber and Ben all red all the time trying not to laugh on the bench. :) Thank you guys, this has been really entertaining to watch. And one final night still to go!

• Day 3 Recap, 7½ hrs. I just spend my Friday with this stream, it's evening now. What a way to end E3 with the Allies. Although my face propably looks now a little like Ben's by the end of all that. :) Man, we had Frame Trap, Trailer Jones, Easy Update and game coverage all in that. Loved Huber during that Monster Hunter part. "You know what's one of my all time favourite things?" :D

But what the F-bomb? Easy Livin'. Is that seriously a 50 hour stream from a beach house? :D Insanity! I mean that's some reality TV level stuff already. That stream will just destroy some EZA fans who try to watch it all, that's unsafe. But what a cool idea, there'll be some instant classic moments coming up.

• What's the story that huber stole from jones?

• @A7X458 Huber had talked with Jones, and Jones had told him about how Amanda had suddenly in the middle of the night asked him what's Chim? :) And Huber told us this (on Day 2 Recap?) before Brandon did.

• @Sentinel-Beach that's too funny.

• Did they give a date for Easy Livin', or just August?

• @Haru17 August 4 at 10 pm PST to the end of August 6 (midnight PST)

• Mario Golf stream was pretty much a solid 10. That was all just really entertaining to watch and follow. All that salt in good spirits. :]

And my card made it in! I'm super happy about that. It's a small thing, but it's nice to get my greetings read and all that. Kyle even praised my handwriting :} Man, I like this group.

• @Sentinel-Beach Some of those taunts were amazing, DK, Diddy, and Waluigi especially.

• That's You! worked really well, I liked it. Some weird or even sort of mean questions here and there, but mostly just fun stuff. And those locations! Wes Anderson style everywhere, loved it. Especially the train was my favourite, absolutely stunning. So living and full of colours.

• @Sentinel-Beach I agree. It worked well. It makes me excited for more games to use this interface. They were right though, we need Bosman to play this. If they play it again, I hope they take the time to create some questions.
    My BF loves to play this game co op.

• Gundam always makes good streams. :)

• Ladies and gentlemen, we've done it: tonight Night Trap will reveal itself! There's a sense of uniqueness in the air.

• Night Trap movie for those interested in what you missed during that stream.

Youtube Video

• Windjammers was a great stream. The best competitive games are when people are fairly evenly matched as was the case here and there were some fantastic extended rallies. I would love to this one done as an EZA tournament.

• So the Knack 2 playthrough group stream happened. It ended up being almost whopping 11 hours, people. :D Means they started at 4 PM and finished around 3 AM, if I converted the time zones right.

I've put it on background playing, I'm soon two hours in. Lots of laughs, I'm having fun as well listening and following this. This'll propably end up pretty goofy in the final hours.

• FIFA was fun, I'm glad they shared the stream between story and then multiplayer matches. Those penalty kicks at the end of the women's match were excellent. :D

Friday's SNES Classic Launch Marathon: It's great that they're trying to get more patreons in an event like this. Twitch coverage.

And about what Brandon already revealed, I think it's the right decision to quit with the Community Comments. Personally, I never saw the appeal in that whole thing, but what I like more is the fact that this decision frees up more time for them for other projects. I mean there's been always that need to get some footage for who knows what game and then edit the whole thing. And the fact that these videos have been late several months for the whole year already also tells that they really weren't on top of anyone's to do list. Frankly, I'm getting the sense they started to feel like a chore for Brandon and the Allies. Doing some E3 predictions videos in August and so on.

Likewise, Cup of Jones being live now is good for EZA, as there's now no editing needed. More free time for other things, which I appreciate.

• Any idea when Blood will start steaming Dark Souls 3? I can't wait to watch it.