EZA Group Streams

• A really funny group stream this week, the Mole one. Especially Octodad sessions were 11/10! Damiani was on fire, that was honestly one of his funniest moments. :D "Excuse me, I'm a Yelp reviewer."

• I feel a little mixed about the stream with a "mole". While Octodad in particular was fun to watch the group play, there just didn't seem to be much motivation for the mole to screw things up. Sure, he ran around a little bit in Overcooked, but everything was so frantic in most of those stages, it didn't really matter. If the team succeeded, no consequences, if the team failed, no consequences. I like the concept but hopefully they can work on the execution - the suggestion of multiple moles could help or even have a system where if a group fails, one member is completely out (they would look at the cards of the other players in the group and would be forced to remove someone who wasn't a mole).

I love when the group tries new ideas that are more than just "play X game" but this one didn't resonate with me fully. Hopefully with some tweaking it can get more interesting!

• Oh man, I love group streams like this one. Gang Beasts was excellent, a really funny night. :) So many great moments in there and everybody had a good time. Some of those elevator struggles were insane, liked that level in particular.

Good presents, too. Especially that mic set with the EZA logos and texts was just incredible, thank you for who sent it! And Damiani once again sleeping off the camera alone in there was just a cherry on top of the night. :)

• They were wondering about the current tournament winners statistics last night, so let's try and list them.

Jul. '16: Kyle (Power Stone 2)
    Aug. '16: Damiani (Mario Kart 64 Battle Mode)
    Sep. '16: Damiani (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
    Oct. '16: Ian (Nintendo Land: Luigi's Ghost Mansion)
    Nov. '16: Damiani (Burnout 3: Takedown)
    Dec. '16: Damiani (Tekken Ball)
    Jan. '17: Huber (Crazy Taxi)
    Feb. '17: Ben (For Honor)
    Mar. '17: Brad (Uneasy Alliance)
    Apr. '17: Brad (Pokemon TCG)
    May '17: Huber (NBA Playgrounds)
    Jun. '17: Huber (Arms)
    Jul. '17: Kyle (Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour)
    Aug. '17: Ben (Tekken 7)
    Sep. '17: Huber (Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite)
    Oct. '17: Ian (Pokemon Stadium 2)
    Nov. '17: Ben (DDR Mario Mix)
    Dec. '17: Brad (Mario Strikers Charged)
    Jan. '18: Damiani (Multi Mario Challenge)
    Feb. '18: Brad & Brandon (Mario Party 5)
    Mar. '18: Brad (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
    Apr. '18: Brad & Don & Ian & Kyle (Far Cry Arcade)

So that makes:
    Brad: 6
    Damiani: 5
    Huber: 4
    Ben: 3
    Ian: 3
    Kyle: 3
    Brandon: 1
    Don: 1

Some questions remain, though.
    1. What happened in September 2016 with the tournament?
    2. Was Power Stone 2 really the first intramural tournament?
    3. Do we count the Pokken tournament from the early days of EZA?

Also, feel free to correct me concerning the list in any way. There might be mistakes.

• admin

• @Bloodworth Thanks Blood! I should've known it was hidden somewhere like that. It was the same case with Tekken 7 tournament hidden in those Easy Livin' hours.

I updated the wins above. Damiani and Huber both have currently four tournament wins.
    And at the end of that Smash tournament they (you) talk like that was Damiani's second win and Kyle had one, so it seems it all started with the Power Stone 2, right?

• admin

@Sentinel-Beach Power Stone 2 seems to be the first official one, yeah

• Great work @Sentinel-Beach !!
    Wait, Damiani won Mario Kart 64? So that reaction of him walking away was of him winning?? Woah.

• @parasitepaladin It sure is. :] Watched those minutes around that today, still unbelievable stuff. The shock on Kyle's face is really something else entirely. And Damiani's just off-camera already at that point etc. Oh man.

• @Sentinel-Beach
    Nice work! Just wanted to add that Brad and Huber were a team in the Pokemon TCG tournament so technically Huber is in the lead.

• @Olf_Himself Didn't realize/remember that at all. I watched the final game which was between Brad and Huber, and Brad won, but maybe something had happened before that then. So I gave the official win to Brad. Did they have the same pack or something like that, now that I think about it?

Edit. Ok, so that was a little tricky, now that I watched it some more. The final match was kind of a friendly match etc. Still, though, Brad was named the winner of the tournament that night, and I feel like we need to pinpoint all these victories to just one person every time. But sure, Huber can be the moral number one over Damiani at the moment. :)

• Updated the tournament winners list with the latest. What was the exact name of the thing? Damiani said it before they began.

It felt like there was a little bit of something fishy going on with Damiani's rules, but I don't know, maybe I didn't hear everything well enough. I mean pretty early on he stated that if multiple people fail, then the one(s) who got the furthest would still move on to the next round. But then it wasn't so suddenly, and he, Ben and Ian all got to go again? The rules were a bit blurry, but sure, this tournament gave the power to one person pretty much completely.

• This last tournament certainly didn't go how I expect it to. It went both much worse and much better.

• straight up one of my favorite tournament streams ever. Awesome energy the whole way through.

• @naltmank Agreed. I loved that video. Spontaneous Allies are best Allies. I'd like to see this format repeated at some point in the future.

I also appreciate the complete lack of Spoilers in the Youtube video title or description.

• Yeah I loved this tournament. A lot of people complain about the Group Stream Selection Committee, but they've given some good suggestions. Brining back First Fifteen was such a great idea because we got the gem which is Space Channel 5 Part 2.

• Strange, I extremely disliked the last tournament - besides from Jones painting, that was such a highlight. I guess the concept of "play a game one ally is sure to win," which then switches to "hurry up and create a makeshift tournament with variable rules," just doesn't scratch any itches for me. I prefer seeing the Allies on relatively similar ground, as much as that is actually possible.

• I updated the tournament winners list. This was the first time we actually had officially two winners, it was clearly stated by Kyle (and the others agreed) that Brad and Brandon should be both awarded as the winners. And that really was the nature of the tournament, so it makes sense.

All in all, that was a really fun night, good times. Ben couldn't catch a break: Bowser taking their stars and a cab ride costing 10 coins. "I will never again buy a new Nintendo product." :D Kyle and Damiani of course were again back at it, too. :)

But the EZA Lego set!!! What the hell, honestly. Literally unbelievable. What an idea, and to make it into reality so well. Dave, hats off to you. Stunning stuff.

• I guess i am in the minority but i am tired of all the Don's Design lab Group streams, there's alot of great stream games that shafted for a "gimmick" stream, i mean can we just check PS all stars of the list.

• @a7x458 PS All Stars is probably going to be banned from picking for 2 months.

Yeah, the Committee votes through some odd stuff. I thought the other Sims 4 idea, just the allies creating their dream studio with unlimited money, would be a much more fun idea.

Then again, as long as they're is some sort of goal or planned activity in mind, I'm not going to complain. Anything's better than that terrible, aimless Metal Gear Survive stream.