Anyone else new to forums?

• Not a huge forum person, but my love for Easy Allies and its community have brought me here. You guys and gals rule, usually I would be super nervous to post on a forum but i'm glad to be a part of this one!

• This is actually the first time I've actively used a forum as well but trust me, it's filled with nothing but love and respect here. No need to feel nervous.

• Banned

Welcome friend! :D

• I'm new to this forum but I'm using forums since 2006 and I'm member of a few.

• I use to be a big forum person, but I haven't really cared about any community or topic to regularly share my thoughts.

I really enjoy it, you can just dump your thoughts and see who shares them.

• I haven't been active in any forum before, but this place fells comfy and has wonderful people :relieved:

• I have been using forums for over a decade, but certain times I have more activity than others.

This is one where I can see myself being pretty active for a long time. NeoGaf has predominately become my forum to go for only the EZA thread and a few small things here or there. I do like the reputation system here and the layout is unlike anything I have seen before.

• I used to be a forum mod for a fairly popular Smallville and Heroes podcast a while back...sadly they are no more :(. Haven't been active in a forum since then, I've forgotten how much I missed having a great community to randomly converse with!

• I'm only active on one other forum and this is the only other one where I felt compelled to join as well. Such a great community and the format is great as others have mentioned. L&R :heart:

• I started using forums with VGChartz. But the amount of sales arguments and some other incidents led me to leave. GT was the first forum I really got into back in 2009, towards the end of its golden age per se.

Its hard finding a good forum, with a nice layout and likeable community. And that's a shame as forums are the best place for serious in depth discussion. Unlike the toxic dump that is social media. So the only other forum I actively use is IGN for the basketball community. And Escapist magazine, I now pretty much exclusively use the site for its group chat feature with a number of former GTers from the final years of GT.

• I started on a Heroes fan site back in the days, while still lurking on GT, which I ended up joining in January 2009. GT was pretty much the only place I used until it closed down earlier this year.

• I'm somewhat familiar with forums... I've lurked in Something Awful forums in early 2000's, then my friend from there made his own website, Sivland, and made a forum in there, in which I became a moderator after a year, but that forum is gone now. I have also been member on Court-Records forums. I have also lurked in Newgrounds forums as well. I haven't really been a active forums member in years, but now... This feels great. Jolly website with amazing crew behind it, and wonderful community. I'm happy to be here.

• First new forum I've joined in years - but I've been a member of a pretty dead forum for over a decade. Pretty close knit bunch of people for that time, but I can see it dropping off. Kind of a bummer!

Anyway, nice to see the good vibes here.

• I'm totally new to forums as well! I used to lurk the GT forums back in the day, but this is the first time I've really been active on a forum.

• Welcome guys. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

• New-ish to the Easy Allies forums. My favorite gaming forum (I don't even remember which one it was) shut down over a decade ago, and since then I haven't found a good place to talk games. Forums in general aren't something I usually do a lot of. But I think most of my facebook friends get sick of me going on about games (see below), so it's nice to have a place where it's not only accepted but appreciated. And this is just a great community. Disagreements are handled respectfully, argued thoughtfully, and pretty uncommon to begin with. And pretty damn good written English everywhere, too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfc3c51m6tok539/ES6_comment.png

• Mostly I'd lurk on gamefaqs boards but man are those just awful and full of trolls, which granted, can be entertaining in its own right. However I felt like I wanted to contribute to the EZA forum, I just loved GT and when it got shut down it kinda left a void. So glad the guys are still around and keeping the dream alive.

• New to these forums or forums in general?

• I joined my first back around 1997. Don't worry, any nerves you may have will be gone before you know it if you continue to post regularly, and I think you have picked a great one to start with, nothing can be more off putting to someone new than having to deal with a lot of elitism, and I don't see that here at the moment.

• @DMCMaster Both really, I belong to the Penny Arcade Forums mainly for Pin trading, but am just a lurker because of how expansive those forums are.